No announcement yet.

Everything Wince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Toronto not have traded for VC and kept Jamison, perhaps the franchise would not exist today.
    I'll take it a step further -- my initial 4-5 years of hatred towards Vince Carter fueled my fire for cheering for this team to succeed. I dunno if that is true with the rest of you, but I would argue that Vince Carter's unprofessional shenanigans helped increase the intensity of my cheering for this team.

Had Vince Carter not publicly talked about sulking and whining and not trying; if he had simply said nothing and still inexplicably started to suck, could we trust idiotic Rob Babcock to make a better trade than he did? Personally I'm not sure about that. We could still have Eric Williams to show for an otherwise still beloved Vince Carter, and this franchise would have been in some serious trouble having just traded a (perceived) "struggling" superstar for absolutely nothing.

Thoughts?

It's kind of like meeting that really hot girl in college who knows your name but you can't remember her -- because she was really fat in grade 5 and you and your friends made fun of her every day. She took all that hurting and turned it into motivation. The Raptors probably benefited more from having Vince Carter telling everyone he dogged it than if he had said nothing at all.

Thank you Vince Carter, for being a douchebag.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
      I'll take it a step further -- my initial 4-5 years of hatred towards Vince Carter fueled my fire for cheering for this team to succeed. I dunno if that is true with the rest of you, but I would argue that Vince Carter's unprofessional shenanigans helped increase the intensity of my cheering for this team.

Had Vince Carter not publicly talked about sulking and whining and not trying; if he had simply said nothing and still inexplicably started to suck, could we trust idiotic Rob Babcock to make a better trade than he did? Personally I'm not sure about that. We could still have Eric Williams to show for an otherwise still beloved Vince Carter, and this franchise would have been in some serious trouble having just traded a (perceived) "struggling" superstar for absolutely nothing.

Thoughts?

It's kind of like meeting that really hot girl in college who knows your name but you can't remember her -- because she was really fat in grade 5 and you and your friends made fun of her every day. She took all that hurting and turned it into motivation. The Raptors probably benefited more from having Vince Carter telling everyone he dogged it than if he had said nothing at all.

Thank you Vince Carter, for being a douchebag.
      I feel the same way. After he left i cheered for the Raps harder so we can surpass what we did with VC and show that we don't need his lazy ass to win. And I'm still cheering till this day, and our team is looking better and better with each passing year. Its only a matter of time before we pass 47 wins.

Comment

• I was just saying, if we did not trade for Carter and kept Jamison instead, where will Toronto really be?

He would have put GState on the map instead of the Raptors. A lot of what if's, but yeah I see what you mean.

I have not cheered harder in any Raptor games than his first return to ACC. The one when he slapped Mo Pete and then drained a shot at the end. I was pissed, I almost cried.

It's like a girl dumping you for your cousin (Jersey is in the same division), then coming back and screwed you cousin on your own bed, only to take a piss on the same spot right after. Brutal. Life changing lol.

But that dries up and then you find other chicks, European chicks, for that matter.
        *or you buy a new matress
        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• if we go by your theory we got hopefully 2 hot chicks coming in next season.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
            I was just saying, if we did not trade for Carter and kept Jamison instead, where will Toronto really be?
            In the long run it was best not to draft Vince or Jamieson for the Raptors but Dirk Nowitzki, the one Euro the Raptors never drafted but should have.

Back to Vince, the guy never appologized for his wrong doing. If he ever decides to publicly own up to what he did by appologizing vie newspaper article or some kind of conference then I might be willing to let bygones be bygones. But until then I can't look past the guy who brought the Raptors to such heights but also brought them to such lows with his shameful behaviour and pending exist. That also reminds me of how bad Babcock was by letting Vince get away with it and then trading him for spare parts and then selecting Charlie V and Joey Graham in the draft where he could have had Bynum and Granger. So FU too Babcock for being the worst GM ever!!

Comment

• Babcock ......

I'm thankful we have BC now, as much heat he gets, he is no Babcock lol

& 2 chicks ... keep em coming.

So what's a bust then? Hot chick got fat?
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                So what's a bust then? Hot chick got fat?
                Hot chick had Herpes the whole time.

Comment

• Would you welcome a Vince Carter return?

With the rumblings of a Calderon trade to Dallas, as a former fan I can't help but drool over the possibility of getting Vince Carter as part of the return. I know personally I would dig out my throwback #15 Jersey and wear it with pride. But I'm wondering if I am alone on this? If Vince came back to Toronto, I think things could be patched over and people would be reminded of the legacy that he left here.

Comment

• honestly, i'm so over everything about vince carter. that I couldn't give less of a fuck. The raptors, I think we can all agree, is the only team where it wouldn't be some insignificant little trade that would just be swept under the rug within a few hours.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...nce-an-ovation

This thread should sum it all up for you.

Comment

• Vince Carter should retire.

I rather give the minutes to a hungry rookie/young player trying to prove himself.

Comment

• Yes, sign him please ! Vince Carter did more for basketball in Canada than anyone including being the idol of many young Canadians that are or will be playing in the NBA.

Comment

• Oh please!!!

This subject has been raised over the past year with a similar one about a month ago.

Would newbies please survey the site before duplicating these boring subjects infinitum? Thanks.

F^&* Vince Carter. Do we want the league's discards now?

Comment

• I was aware of the thread a while ago, but the proposition of Vince to the Raptors is getting hot today.

Comment

• why not sign TMAC while were at it...maybe Alvin will come out of retirement to back up lowry LOL we could have a reunion...LOL maybe even get to see VC's mom fight over parking spots again... it would be entertaining in a train wreck kind of way LOL
                                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Jul 14, 2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X