View Poll Results: Would you ever cheer for Vince again?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 45.76%
  • No

32 54.24%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Wince

Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    I think this whole thread is an unknown, but during our darkest ages after VC left there's no question somebody had thoughts of moving the franchise, and killing the International team idea with the Raps and Grizz.
    Absolutely right this thread is an unknown but I have never heard a credible source for the Raptors leaving Toronto.

As for the 'dark ages' they lasted a little over a year. Wince was traded in December 2004. Colangelo was hired in February 2006 which ushered in a new era of hope and optimism (that was short lived) plus 2 playoff appearances 2 years later.

If anything, I think the last year and half would be considered the dark ages for the Raptors and, outside of typical ignorant media and pseudo-US media wannabes, there is little credible peep of the Raptors going anywhere.

Regardless of the what ifs, Carter needs to be appreciated and we need to get over what happened. He's done more for the Raps than any player in history, and that deserves a standing O.
    I respect your opinion but I have to take the other side.

Carter does not need to be appreciated. I consider giving up on a franchise and its fan base that pay you millions and millions of dollars and, not only give up, but ensure they can't get anything near fair value is unforgivable. Carter might have done more than any player in history but he also did as much damage as any player in its history, and that deserves continued boo's.

This might be drastic but I'll try to give an example to illustrate how people have different views:

Some people can forgive their spouse/partner for cheating on them, others cannot. Whatever it is people deal with betrayal differently than others. There is a fine line between love and hate.

So back to Carter, I can respect people forgiving Carter but I can also respect people for continuing the grudge.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the raptors had done what they should have done (find out what Vince wanted, realize it wasnt going to happen, then quietly find a suitor) instead of getting rid of him for pennies on the dollar, this franchise wouldnt have been put back the 5+ years that it has.

If we drafted who we should have and not guys like Rafael Arujao, we'd be in a better spot.

Don't blame Carter for the mistakes of a poorly managed franchise. He still should get the ovation for what he has done.
    Maybe you do not realize that Wince was a defacto gm for awhile there. He was quite instrumental in the new contracts given JYD, Alvin Williams and AD before he signed his extension. He called it a championship team. Let me take u down memory lane:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nba/r...-01-carter.htm

It was he who got the Raps to sign Hakeem and was pretty pissed that they drafted Bosh. So please I think you may have actually forgotten how things really were at the time. "Find out what Vince wanted"??? He told them...and they bent over. "Quietly find a suitor"? Do you know any timelines on this? Do you really believe that when VC started pulling his pouting bs other GMa were going to offer more than "pennies on the dollar"? The Raptors should have nailed his ass on the bench and possibly fined him (since they had lost him already) and helped raise his value by letting the shark gms that he wasnt going to be got for nothing.

VC abrogated his contract and effed this organization. It's the org. we have always (well managed or not)...not any single player. You may think Carter deserves a pass...why? Because he performed high flying dunks, overdid the pain threshold thing and pouted? Good luck on those measurements applied to the athletes you admire.

PS...are you still a Raptors fan considering the state of the team today? If you are why cant you expect your star franchise player at least honor the terms of his contract which he signed freely and happy to do so at the time...and then leave.

Post Thanks / Like