Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Avengers Movie (Sequel - Age of Ultron)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've got my tickets booked for Dark Knight Rises IMAX, next Saturday. Uber pumped.

The more I think about it, the more I think he might get killed/beaten in this movie.
    Remember, Bane is the guy who paralyzes him in the Comics.

i read speculation that 3rd rock from the sun guy might be the next batman. after bruce broke his back he trained a real assasin to be batman who was bad ass. that could be a possibilty, but i think nolan will have him beaten but not broken followed by a complete reboot to prepare for the justice league movies that are rumored to be on the way

Comment

• I don't know much about John Blake. But, his name. I know Nolan is done making batman movies. I suppose until like 35 years or so down the road, when he is at the end of his career.

I think maybe he could end up being another character in the series like a vigilante type. But, he doesn't fit the batman mould. Joe gord-levitt looks like he weighs about 90 lbs soaking wet and he's got like dicaprio syndrome. Where he could be like 40 and still look like a teen.

Tom Hardy's performance looks like he could go toe-to-toe with bale's in all three and ledger's in tdk.

I saw an interview with m. Freeman and Mike Caine and michael caine said he saw the film and it was such a fuckin masterpiece. He called up Nolan afterwards and said"it made me cry."

Now, take that as you will. As he is in the movie.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...n-always-wins/

for the batman/ironman debate we had a bit ago. here is a great cracked article

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          i read speculation that 3rd rock from the sun guy might be the next batman. after bruce broke his back he trained a real assasin to be batman who was bad ass. that could be a possibilty, but i think nolan will have him beaten but not broken followed by a complete reboot to prepare for the justice league movies that are rumored to be on the way
          The Azrael Batman was BAD ASS

Comment

• Is it just me or is the distance between his calf and ankle weird and the difference in size.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Have been waiting for this announcement. Knew it would come eventually.
              http://movies.ign.com/articles/119/1190741p1.html

In the Captain America sequel, he will be getting the assistance of none other than his Long Time partner, The Falcon...

Who later goes on to become Head of S.H.I.E.L.D. and prominent member of the Avengers.

Whats funny is Falcon was originally added to the Roster mainly as the 'Token Black Guy', and refused to be a member because of that.
              Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 16, 2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of falcons... When is there going to be a movie about captain falcon.

Falcone punch!!!

rofl

Comment

• a black superhero!? he must be badass

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Have been waiting for this announcement. Knew it would come eventually.
                    http://movies.ign.com/articles/119/1190741p1.html

In the Captain America sequel, he will be getting the assistance of none other than his Long Time partner, The Falcon...

Who later goes on to become Head of S.H.I.E.L.D. and prominent member of the Avengers.

Whats funny is Falcon was originally added to the Roster mainly as the 'Token Black Guy', and refused to be a member because of that.
                    Looks like they're going after Anthony Mackie to play the Falcon.. brilliant casting in my opinion...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-sequel-349622

Also, they're calling the sequel "Captain America: Winter Soldier"... if they keep true to the comics on this one... it means we get Cap's version of Batman's gay butt buddy, Robin...... BUCKY!

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      Is it just me or is the distance between his calf and ankle weird and the difference in size.
                      ya.... its awful, as is most comic book art... they aren't exactly known for keeping true to the human form...

his arms are ridiculously long... if they were straight down they'd be past his knees

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        Looks like they're going after Anthony Mackie to play the Falcon.. brilliant casting in my opinion...
                        He'd have to bulk quite a bit in order to suit the part for me. But I said the same thing about Chris Evans, and he nails Cap.

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        Also, they're calling the sequel "Captain America: Winter Soldier"... if they keep true to the comics on this one... it means we get Cap's version of Batman's gay butt buddy, Robin...... BUCKY!
                        Remember that they did Introduce Bucky Barnes in the first Movie as Steve Rogers long time Friend:

Throw a little mask on him, and he looks the part!
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 17, 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• chris evans should play drake if they make an uncharted movie

Comment

• As long as it's not that fuckhead fillion.

Comment

• in the comics bucky comes back and hates cap. so he might be the villian if the red skull hasn't found away back to earth

Comment

• Found this article interesting... It is from E! buut ... ah well ...

Five Reasons The Avengers Is Way Better Than The Dark Knight Rises

1. The Avengers Is Simply More Fun: The Dark Knight Rises is funnier than previous batflicks, sure. But with writer/director Joss Whedon's witty dialogue, The Avengers acts like it knows it's a summer popcorn flick. Rises wants to be so much more (like an Oscar hopeful?) and can't quite pull off the balance between moments that are as light as The Cat's backflips and deadly serious as Bruce Wayne's time in The Pit.

2. The Dark Knight Was a Tough Act to Follow: And Rises couldn't quite do it. Now, Avengers only had to surpass Iron Man 2, Thor, Hulk, Captain America-and it did! No one really knew how The Avengers would actually work, but after a five-film buildup, the real feat was how effortless the whole thing felt. What scene in Rises is as cool as Iron Man brawling with Thor and Captain America stepping in to break it up? Answer: No scene is that cool.

3. Easter Eggs and Falafels: The quick glimpse of space titan Thanos at the end of The Avengers made us break open those dusty boxes of comics to search for clues on what's next. That's a big part of what makes Marvel's initiative so cool: As we get teases for the next film's plot we suddenly want to read all about it. That extra final scene at the falafel shop with no dialogue had everyone leaving the theatre with huge smiles.

The Dark Knight Rises pays off at the end with some serious twists, and—SPOILER ALERT!!!—the setup of a potential successor. But isn't that what you expect from a Christopher Nolan flick, anyway?

4. Iron Man Is Easier to Talk To Than Batman: While Batman's screen time is the least of the films, we would like to think Christian Bale knew more Bruce Wayne time meant less growly line readings, which made parts of The Dark Knight seem unintentionally silly. Still, The Dark Knight Rises had plenty of good lines trampled by excessive pounding music or Bane's creepy breathing apparatus. Iron Man at worst sounds like a robot. A really awesome robot.

5. No Hulk: The Dark Knight Rises doesn't have a Hulk, or anything like it. It has a Gotham army of police, Bane, Anne Hathaway on a batcycle, a fusion bomb, an exploding football field, pain and sorrow, the League of Shadows, more social commentary than an episode of The Daily Show, but no Hulk. Strange how both films (and Transformers 3 before them) all came down to metropolis-smashing mayhem, but The Avengers topped the rest as Mark Ruffalo proclaimed "I'm always angry." And the Hulk proceeded to smash like he never smashed before. No superheroic climax has ever been such a crowd-pleaser.

Of course, maybe you can come up with five reasons The Dark Knight trounces The Avengers, and you should—in the comments. But we'll start with this one:

1. IMAX > 3-D: With more than 40 percent of Rises actually shot in IMAX, the picture looks incredible. Way better than the post-converted 3-D of Avengers.
                                #5 is what sold me on the Article being Legit. haha
                                But I honestly don't disagree. The Avengers was ALOT more fun.
                                Batman was dramatic and edge-of-your-seat suspense, but I didn't leave the theater as satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                                X