Batum lovers look here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Has the possibility of Wilson Chandler been completely ruled out? Does anyone know what Denver plans to do with him?
    I would think their focus is Ty Lawson & McGee. Also, they have Farried playing 3, Gallo 3 or 4, so I would guess sign & trade is a possibility. Davis & a 2nd rounder? What do you think?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Rudy gay's contract is pretty terrible, especially under this new CBA. He will be making $19.3M in 2014/15 and $16.5M next year. We're assuming we can get Batum for $12M per year for 4 years. That means 3 years of Rudy Gay will cost us $53.65M + whatever assets we have to send to Memphis in order to get him, whereas Batum will cost us $48M for 4 years, and no assets. The cost savings are so immense that unless Rudy Gay was leaps and bounds better than Batum all over the court it doesn't make sense to target him instead of Batum. Not to mention we'd have to give up some valuable assets to get Gay, and no assets to get Batum.
      Batum is still getting better, as you can see since his stats are improved every year. He scores less than Gay because he takes 6 less shots a game, and plays 6 fewer minutes. I'd argue by the time Batum is 25 (same age as Gay), that he will be putting up the same or better numbers, and at a much smaller price tag. Batum even at $14M a year is a better deal than Rudy Gay on his current contract, and I don't think we'd have to go that high to pry him away from Portland, but who knows, if Portland wants to keep him they have the space to match any offer.
      I agree 100%. Batum, Green (Boston), G Wallace, Kirilenko (maybe even Ilyasova) are all comparable to R Gay, AI & Granger.
      2 Major differences. Trades will cost us sizeable assets (a minimum this year's first plus E Davis and/or DD). All this at a lot more $$$ than above FAs.
      In the nutshell would you rather have R Gay or Ilyasova, OJ Mayo, Demar & a Jones (Perry or Terrence) for the same money. What am I missing??????????

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Rudy gay's contract is pretty terrible, especially under this new CBA. He will be making $19.3M in 2014/15 and $16.5M next year. We're assuming we can get Batum for $12M per year for 4 years. That means 3 years of Rudy Gay will cost us $53.65M + whatever assets we have to send to Memphis in order to get him, whereas Batum will cost us $48M for 4 years, and no assets. The cost savings are so immense that unless Rudy Gay was leaps and bounds better than Batum all over the court it doesn't make sense to target him instead of Batum. Not to mention we'd have to give up some valuable assets to get Gay, and no assets to get Batum.
        Batum is still getting better, as you can see since his stats are improved every year. He scores less than Gay because he takes 6 less shots a game, and plays 6 fewer minutes. I'd argue by the time Batum is 25 (same age as Gay), that he will be putting up the same or better numbers, and at a much smaller price tag. Batum even at $14M a year is a better deal than Rudy Gay on his current contract, and I don't think we'd have to go that high to pry him away from Portland, but who knows, if Portland wants to keep him they have the space to match any offer.
        At think this last part (Batum even at $14mil is a better deal than Gay...) is the key. Also Gay has had opportunity to be No 1 option & we know he is a solid (not great) option, while Batum was never given that chance. IMO Batum is better 3 point shooter, better ball handler, better defender, while Gay has better mid-range game & more experience in clutch situations.
        Overall, Batum much better deal (less money, no assets to acquire -possibly).

Comment

Rudy Gay at $16M vs Nic Batum at $14M .... I would take Rudy Gay.

Although Batum has yet to be given the chance to be the #1 guy, all indications point to Batum being less effective the more minutes and touches he gets; if statistics hold some substance.

I do agree that Rudy Gay has a bad contract.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post

Although Batum has yet to be given the chance to be the #1 guy,
            isn't this just the point. after 10 million for batum the numbers are getting silly. 14 million for a guy who has shown to have potential. if batum pulls in more than 10 million a year someone grossly overpaid and then next year people worse then him or younger will expect that contract too. 2 months ago we were at 8 mill a year and now it's 14 for a guy who had 20-30 starts and played well on a disfunctional team.

another thread has harden getting "gallo" money which for harden is fair. and i would say still too high for batum.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              isn't this just the point. after 10 million for batum the numbers are getting silly. 14 million for a guy who has shown to have potential. if batum pulls in more than 10 million a year someone grossly overpaid and then next year people worse then him or younger will expect that contract too. 2 months ago we were at 8 mill a year and now it's 14 for a guy who had 20-30 starts and played well on a disfunctional team.

another thread has harden getting "gallo" money which for harden is fair. and i would say still too high for batum.
              For the record, I agree with you.

The issue is restricted free agency. If the contract is fair, Portland matches. The only way to get Batum is to overpay with contract or assets.

Comment

Working...
              X