Colangelo named to the Competition Committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo named to the Competition Committee

The NBA on Wednesday announced the members of the league’s new competition committee, including Utah Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor.

The announcement follows a decision by the league’s board of governors last month to change the committee’s composition. The committee will now include two owners, four general managers, three head coaches and one representative from the NBA Players Association.

Joining O’Connor are fellow GMs Bryan Colangelo (Toronto Raptors), Mitch Kupchak (L.A. Lakers) and Sam Presti (Oklahoma City); owners Dan Gilbert (Cleveland Cavaliers) and Joe Lacob (Golden State); and coaches Rick Carlisle (Dallas Mavericks), Lionel Hollins (Memphis Grizzlies), and Doc Rivers (Boston Celtics).

The NBPA will designate one of its members to serve on the Committee.

The Competition Committee votes in favor of changing a playing rule or any other competition-related matter, the recommendation will be brought to the Board of Governors for its consideration and vote. The Committee will meet on a regular basis and its first meeting will take place during the Finals.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/54...r-nba.html.csp

Not really a big news item - I don't think anyways - but things are pretty slow around here. The GM's he is on the committee with are the best in the business in my opinion: Kupchak, Presti, and O'Connor.

Is it May 30th yet?

If anything, this helps cement (slightly) BC's upcoming extension.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      If anything, this helps cement (slightly) BC's upcoming extension.
      Meh. He's replaceable. Not like any of the coaches will be retained by their team solely because they are on the competition committee. Same for GMs.
      Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Sweet! Maybe now DeRozan will actually get some calls

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
          Meh. He's replaceable. Not like any of the coaches will be retained by their team solely because they are on the competition committee. Same for GMs.
          Yeah I know man. I meant he's in there with pretty good company. It just looks good on the resume. Especially to the people who are in charge of extending his contract whom some probably don't know a whole lot about basketball.

And for the record I did say slightly.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

It would be interesting to know how the 4 GM's were selected. Like I said in the OP, that is some good company.

I do know that many high profile NBA people (Cuban and Barkley come immediately to mind) have spoken about how respected BC is throughout the league.

Comment

Exactly what is important, in my opinion. Helps shed light on the target we got.
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
              X