Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Toronto eventually get an NFL team? Another step along the way...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Toronto eventually get an NFL team? Another step along the way...

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) The Buffalo Bills' bid to extend their series of playing regular-season games in Toronto could take a big step forward before the end of the month, barring a setback in negotiations.

League spokesman Michael Signora wrote in an email on Tuesday that the Toronto series will be on the NFL International Committee's agenda for its next meeting. The meeting is scheduled to take place this month, but no date has been set.

In March, NFL owners voted to give the committee authority to make decisions regarding the series, which began five years ago.

Though Signora declined to discuss the status of talks between the Bills and Toronto-based Rogers Communications, the two sides have previously expressed optimism that a new deal will be reached to extend the series before it expires after this season.

Rogers Media president Keith Pelley maintained that optimism in a statement the company released on Tuesday.

''Discussions are ongoing with the Buffalo Bills about extending the Bills Toronto Series deal,'' Pelley said. ''While I am cautiously optimistic, we have nothing to announce at this time.''

Bills CEO Russ Brandon was out of the office and not available for comment.

The Sports Business Journal reported on Monday that an extension of the series appears imminent.

The new deal is expected to be similar to the original one in covering five years and featuring one annual regular-season and three preseason games. What's expected to be reduced is the $78 million the Bills received from Rogers in the previous agreement.

Having had difficulty selling out games in Toronto, Rogers is seeking to cut ticket prices for the series, which could reduce the overall value of the new deal.

The Bills regard the series as key to their long-term survival by extending its reach north of the border in the small-market team's bid to generate additional revenue.
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Toronto won't get an NFL team until the CFL in Toronto is completely given up on.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The name of this team, Toronto Tanks.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Can this please happen? I heard Rob Ford was pushing to make this happen. I'd be stoked.

Comment

I truly hope so, most definitely would succeed but one would think LA is surely next in line "AGAIN" lol too much smoke for their not to be a fire anyways heres to dreaming. No disrespect to my Argos though love me some CFL.

Any football fans Check this OUT!

It's about that time of year when NFL teams gather for training camp with the common goal of putting together their best 53 towards the quest of immortality. Before you get ready to follow your favourite team for the 2012-2013 season and form your Fantasy Leagues sit back and take a look at some of the best sights the 2011 season had to offer Enjoy! Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEj7Rewb4s Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_KgOJVrhas

Comment

Working...
          X