View Poll Results: Who's your favorite "blue collar" player from the list below?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt Bonner

2 4.65%
  • Jorge Garbajosa

6 13.95%
  • Reggie Evans

7 16.28%
  • Kris Humphries

1 2.33%
  • Keon Clark

1 2.33%
  • James Johnson

0 0%
  • Jerome Williams

13 30.23%
  • Charles Oakley

10 23.26%
  • Rasho Nesterovic

2 4.65%
  • Donyell Marshall

1 2.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All-Time Favorite "Blue Collar" Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely Oak, because he did the heavy lifting both on and off the court. He leaned on Vince and helped bring the best out of him. He intimidated other teams. He punched people who owed him money. He's MJ's best friend...I know the last two don't have anything to do with the Raps but you have to admit, both of them are pretty cool.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked every one of these guys when they dressed for the Raptors. JYD and Oak would be the two I'd have to vote for. But Bonner will always be one of my all time favorite Raptors. The red rocket getting ejected for a foul on KG and then exiting the building holding up the number 1 was epic.... What a legend. Marshall not only had monster games on the boards and poured in 3's but had a few nasty rejections along the way as well. Although this is always something I remember when thinking about him lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ux4eO8WEA

or this is a better memory of him from a Raptors perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRkXajkibRI

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The best part of the "wardrobe malfunction" was LeBron's reaction.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

i voted for Bonner but its because i used to talk to him now and then at union station and dude was hilarious.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Bonner certainly is not your typical pro athlete. In stories and interviews he always came across as a regular guy who just happened to play basketball for a living. No fancy car or gadgets or anything material like that for Mr.Bonner. He also wants to represent Canada in international competitions, you gotta respect that.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

James Johnson made the list, but Amir didn't?

I'd have to pick Oak, but would pick Amir second if he was on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing the question asks you who is #1.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

James Johnson is more of a stat sheet stuffer SUPREME. The dude does everything on the floor, kind of like Josh Smith and Shawn Marion. JJ has a high ceiling and I'm afraid he might not accept the bench role if we get a good player in the draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    James Johnson is more of a stat sheet stuffer SUPREME. The dude does everything on the floor, kind of like Josh Smith and Shawn Marion. JJ has a high ceiling and I'm afraid he might not accept the bench role if we get a good player in the draft
    I'd be fine with that. I'm so ready to ship Bayless, Johnson & Johnson out of town... for fair market value return, of course.

Lets give Davis the backup PF job to run with. He'll finally get to participate in a team-lead training regiment, summer league and a full training camp under Casey... lets see what he can do with proper preparation and increased playing time as the #2 PF.

I hope a legit starting SF is acquired, whether it be via draft, free agency or trade. Let Kleiza stick around as the backup SF and ship JJ out to avoid yet another positional logjam. Gay or Batum please, if you're listening BC!

Bayless... I think he's been covered enough in the "Least Favourite Current Raptor" thread. Time to bring in a young, traditional, pass-first PG to backup Calderon (or Nash, who knows...).

No more stat stuffers. No more me-first players. I am so geared up for this offseason! Only 8 days until the draft lottery, which could very well shed some light on the direction the offseason will take...

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

not bayless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information