DD and Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He plays the 3 and 4 - like Nocioni did. He's the anti-Jones III. He plays hard, gives effort - all the time, he's tough as nails, plays decent D and is a good rebounder. He's a lunch pail kind of guy. The type of guy most Raptors fans love and adore.
    Jones will be better. Especially if he gets drafted by us, casey will mold him into a defensive terror at the 3

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Jones will be better. Especially if he gets drafted by us, casey will mold him into a defensive terror at the 3
      Laugh of the weekend. Good job.

Comment

@DraftExpress: Question for you guys. Which chair did a better job on defense? Perry Jones or Yi Jianlian's? #dxchat

It's always great to watch the pre-draft hype on these guys. Workouts mean almost nothing, but inevitably ramp up the perceived 'potential' these guys supposedly have. I'd rather go by what I've seen when there's something on the line in a real basketball game, and in that area, Jones hasn't lived up to the hype.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Laugh of the weekend. Good job.
          what has Ilyasova done? if he is as good as you guys say he is why didn't Milwaukee make the playoffs? y'all are critisizing me for hyping up PJ3 when you guys are doing the same with Iyasova.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            what has Ilyasova done? if he is as good as you guys say he is why didn't Milwaukee make the playoffs? y'all are critisizing me for hyping up PJ3 when you guys are doing the same with Iyasova.
            The question you should be asking is "what has Jones III done?". Those who criticize Ilyasova's game and what he brings to a team really makes me question how much basketball they watch. I know Ilyasova has had a bit of success so far in the NBA and Jones III, well, he's worked out against a chair.

Comment

The chair won
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I feel like I'm missing something is there video to this battle of a PJ3 vs the chair?
                I don't want to get into the Ilyasova vs Jones debate, but calling PJ3 soft, or alluding to that is ridiculous.
                Kid was homeless during high school, got ridiculed for picking Baylor when he was 15 and sticking with his decision, instead of going to a bigger school. If his mother wasn't sick he probably would have stayed another year at Baylor...

Because he's played the wrong position in college (if he went to a bigger school he would have played the 3) he's rated poorly. That said, Ilyasova knows exactly what he is and probably just needs floor time. It's a gamble either way, but I'd lean towards PJ3.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  I feel like I'm missing something is there video to this battle of a PJ3 vs the chair?
                  I don't want to get into the Ilyasova vs Jones debate, but calling PJ3 soft, or alluding to that is ridiculous.
                  Kid was homeless during high school, got ridiculed for picking Baylor when he was 15 and sticking with his decision, instead of going to a bigger school. If his mother wasn't sick he probably would have stayed another year at Baylor...

Because he's played the wrong position in college (if he went to a bigger school he would have played the 3) he's rated poorly. That said, Ilyasova knows exactly what he is and probably just needs floor time. It's a gamble either way, but I'd lean towards PJ3.
                  That is the money shot right there. If that is indeed fact and he really is a SF, there could be a very lucky team in the middle of the lottery.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    That is the money shot right there. If that is indeed fact and he really is a SF, there could be a very lucky team in the middle of the lottery.
                    i feel that isn't the case. any coach who has a player he thinks can dominate at a certain position is going to play him there. is baylors coach an imbecile? having pj3 play to his potential is self serving to anyone who coaches him, this argument is silly unless you would cut your own nose off to spite your face.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i feel that isn't the case. any coach who has a player he thinks can dominate at a certain position is going to play him there. is baylors coach an imbecile? having pj3 play to his potential is self serving to anyone who coaches him, this argument is silly unless you would cut your own nose off to spite your face.
                      I disagree.

At the NCAA level, Jones has size that is rarely seen.

It is like the 6'4" kid who plays PF/C his time in grade school because he has size yet he can shoot and dribble like mad. Coach wants him inside because that is the advantage.

Baylor's coach was playing to win. He wasn't playing to increase Jones daft stock. With Quincy Miller on board and an undersized Acy, I can see why he put Jones at PF.

Comment

Working...
                      X