Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Do u ever watch IND wistfully? Does IND success change Raps prospects for you? (23)

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Do u ever watch IND wistfully? Does IND success change Raps prospects for you? (23)

    It's not fun to torture yourself with the "what if?" game but here i am
    @jerboat

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    It's not fun to torture yourself with the "what if?" game but here i am
    Not really - the usually boring off season should be fun for Raps fans.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,754
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    me neither. i watch a lot of other teams games but haven't watched any pacers games by choice. happy for barbosa though.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im hoping they whoop the Heat, I watch all playoff games.

    Bosh is out and Dwayne only had 5 points in Game 2.
    George Hill is BEASTING on fools, and the shit disturber Granger is getting under LBJ's skin.
    And last but not least Hibbert got post moves like a motha.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Miami vs. Pacers series has been awesome. Great games to watch! I'm hoping the Pacers take Miami out. I usually dislike the Pacers but, really there team is built well. Good job Larry!

  6. #6
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    It's not fun to torture yourself with the "what if?" game but here i am
    I assume your talking about Hibbert?

    Yeah it sucks how all that went down...but no point in dwelling on it...all that is only going to serve to mind fuck yourself.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    It's not fun to torture yourself with the "what if?" game but here i am
    I don't think the torture is necessary. That pick was made on behalf of Indiana. The reality is Toronto most likely would not have even picked him.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'll take Jonas over Hibbert ... no question.

    Whatever happened since passing on Granger, dealing the pick that ended up being Hibbert, missing George by a few picks ... it all led to the offseason of 2012 - where I think we're in the best state the franchise has been in for a looong time!
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    I assume your talking about Hibbert?

    Yeah it sucks how all that went down...but no point in dwelling on it...all that is only going to serve to mind fuck yourself.
    Hibbert and Granger (Joey Graham).

    And to a lesser extent, Barbosa.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think the torture is necessary. That pick was made on behalf of Indiana. The reality is Toronto most likely would not have even picked him.
    The real issue is their drafting.Think the pick came as a surprise to them! In their defence, they probably knew what a good pick it was - immediately after he was pick though...lol! Don't think I will raise the ire of many posters with this statement but not a good drafting team after the lottery is putting it lightly. On a positive note, I strongly suspect DC/Stefanski influence will produce much better results.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Draft wrote: View Post
    The real issue is their drafting.Think the pick came as a surprise to them! In their defence, they probably knew what a good pick it was - immediately after he was pick though...lol! Don't think I will raise the ire of many posters with this statement but not a good drafting team after the lottery is putting it lightly. On a positive note, I strongly suspect DC/Stefanski influence will produce much better results.
    From my memory in 2007 Hibbert was considered a top 5-7 pick coming out of Georgetown as a junior. He decided to go back and he ended up at 17.

    For all this talk about players going back to increase their stock, I am struggling to think of any player who was a top 5 pick who went back and actually increased their stock. Blake Griffin is the only one coming to mind.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    From my memory in 2007 Hibbert was considered a top 5-7 pick coming out of Georgetown as a junior. He decided to go back and he ended up at 17.

    For all this talk about players going back to increase their stock, I am struggling to think of any player who was a top 5 pick who went back and actually increased their stock. Blake Griffin is the only one coming to mind.
    Real danger with this draft...lol! At least they are in the lottery where it's much harder to totally mess things up. Looks like the premium on potential and athleticism might be too high?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hibbert
    Granger
    Collison (this one is even dumber, but remember how a bunch of us were crying out for BC to trade for him when NO let it be known they were willing to deal him?)


    I'm by no means a draft pundit or anything but i remember hoping Granger and Hibbert would be drafted and being enraged when the likes of Joey Graham and Jermaine O'Neal became raptors instead. Especially JO.

    And now here i sit, watching the team of "could have been raptors" enjoy playoff success.

    One day it'll be us, one day! *single tear*
    @jerboat

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good thing to remember though is how long it took Granger and especially Hibbert develop. We (i'm looking at you, BC) gotta be patient with our young guns. Is this the offseason to go out and get a couple solid vets for a shootout at the OK corral, or should we wait another year, not just for the new draft pick but to let big Val and whoever we draft develop THEN go to war?

    It makes my brain hurts just thinking about it all
    @jerboat

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if it takes long for them to develop then y'all need to shut up and stop ripping on demar, Jerryd, and maybe Ed.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Hibbert
    Granger
    Collison (this one is even dumber, but remember how a bunch of us were crying out for BC to trade for him when NO let it be known they were willing to deal him?)


    I'm by no means a draft pundit or anything but i remember hoping Granger and Hibbert would be drafted and being enraged when the likes of Joey Graham and Jermaine O'Neal became raptors instead. Especially JO.

    And now here i sit, watching the team of "could have been raptors" enjoy playoff success.

    One day it'll be us, one day! *single tear*
    I was one of those. I still think he can be good but, like so many players, it depends on the situation and system he is in.

    Granger and AI are really sore points for me. I sat through each draft and had fingers crossed for both only to be let down.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jesus Christ, yeah AI. i remember screaming at my tv and everything thinking i was getting mauled by something when Hoffa got selected.
    @jerboat

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Good thing to remember though is how long it took Granger and especially Hibbert develop. We (i'm looking at you, BC) gotta be patient with our young guns. Is this the offseason to go out and get a couple solid vets for a shootout at the OK corral, or should we wait another year, not just for the new draft pick but to let big Val and whoever we draft develop THEN go to war?

    It makes my brain hurts just thinking about it all
    I must admit that the first couple of years of Hibbert I thought he wasn't going to amount to much. His development the last season and half or so has really sped up... on both sides of the ball. Thats what I am hoping ED is going thru. But then again we have Jim Kelly as our head of scouting! (sorry, some Raptor fan fatalism there).

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Off topic a bit...does anyone know what that very visible disagreement was between Wade (who is acting more of a douche each day) and Spoelstra?

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I still think Ed is going to be solid. Never claimed he'd be a star but i think a great bench player borderline starter is what he'll be. We'll see what an actual offseason/training camp/same system will do for him. He showed some real game at the end of the season when he was getting burn.

    As for Demar my thing with him is how he seems to think he's exponentially better than he actually is. His "all i need to work on is defense" comments REALLY irked me. There's half a dozen things on offense you still need to work on, butthead. Sigh.

    Bayless is functionally retarded so the best we can hope for is he lives to about 30
    @jerboat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •