Breakdown of BC's draft picks in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If BC drafts Henson ......
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-draft-infographic
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

This is pretty damn interesting. I hope the scouting crew are working as hard as the marketing crew.

Comment

Quite difficult to read mobily.

But, that's very visually appeasing.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They should edit the Roy Hibbert ***traded to Los Angeles Lakers

That looks crazy though.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

The fact they've never drafted lower than 21st tells you all you need to know about this team's lack of success.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                We have a pick coming up this year in the 1-10 range, likely 8ish. How much confidence do folks have in Colangelo come draft night?

People love to throw mud at BC and his draft choices it seems ... I personally think some of it is rooted in Raptors draft pains from the Babcock era - and some folks mix in the sentiment. BC didn't lose out on Iggy or Granger ... he drafted well.

Our roster next year will be made up of many key pieces that were BC's draft picks.
                -Jonas, Bargnani, Demar, Ed and our pick this year (hopefully a rotation piece)

And as much as there are always talented players passed up, in all cases there were players in the range we chose that would have been much worse picks. Let's see, by looking at the next 5 players in our pick's 'range':

2006: #1 Andrea Bargnani.
                Then, in order: Lamarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams, & Brandon Roy.

Aldridge was a nice pick, but not out of Bargnani's league as a potential all-star PF - or a retired Roy ...

2009: #9 Demar Derozan.
                Then, in order: Brandon Jennings, Terrence Williams, Gerald Henderson, Tyler Hansbrough, & Earl Clark.

Jennings would be cool, but wouldn't necessarily give up Demar for him at this point ...

2010: #13 Ed Davis.
                Then, in order: Patrick Patterson, Larry Sanders, Luke Babbitt, Kevin Seraphin, & Eric Bledsoe.

Sanders can block shots, but is way behind offensively. Bledsoe has shown signs, but still unrefined ...

2011: #5 Jonas Valanciunas.
                Then, in order: Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette.

Home run! Too early for big judgements on any of these folks - but what we've seen of Jonas since this draft appears to be a player much more developed than this group of rookies, still struggling to pick-up the NBA game ...

So - do you have draft angst towards BC? As a talent evaluator, he seems to outperform his peers in many cases.
                He didn't to too badly in Phoenix either.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I guess it all depends on whether Memphis prefers Gay or Mayo, and what other offers are received for Gay if he's the one made available. I think they'd be hardpressed to find a deal that nets them a young player with more upside than DeRozan AND a draft pick as high as #8 (regardless of who else is involved). If the Raptors did make a move that included the #8 pick, I hope they'd at least be getting Memphis' #25 pick back.

If the Raps had to include the #8 pick without unloading Amir's contract, I'd almost rather see them pursue a free agent like Batum or Mayo. I personally just think that DD, JJ, ED, the #8 pick and adding $8M of salary is quite the price to pay for Rudy Gay... almost too much, IMO.
                  Gay is a solid (not great player) but at $50+ mil left???
                  Would you rather have Batum & Mayo or Gay & keep Bayless next year? Roughly same money.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                    Gay is a solid (not great player) but at $50+ mil left???
                    Would you rather have Batum & Mayo or Gay & keep Bayless next year? Roughly same money.
                    I don't think you get Batum for less than $12M and Gay for less than $7M.

Only off by $2.5M on next year though.

Puts things in perspective but, again, do the teams match? Memphis? Probably not. Portland? Most likely.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                      They should edit the Roy Hibbert ***traded to Los Angeles Lakers

That looks crazy though.
                      Hibbert got traded to Indiana.

But, they shouldn't do that. Because then they'd have to do that for Antawn Jamison as well. Plus, they are still toronto draftees. Not to mention it would just look dumb.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That other guy that went there had some issues too, didn't he? Look how he turned out.

Comment

Gay? I think you mean Mayo for $7M
                          Anywho why not get Danny green or Brandon rush and make a run at Batum for $11M

Comment

stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                            Gay? I think you mean Mayo for $7M
                            Anywho why not get Danny green or Brandon rush and make a run at Batum for $11M
                            I did mean Mayo. Thanks.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              Hibbert got traded to Indiana.

But, they shouldn't do that. Because then they'd have to do that for Antawn Jamison as well. Plus, they are still toronto draftees. Not to mention it would just look dumb.
                              I just meant edit LA Lakers to Indiana since we traded him to Indy & not LA

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Wow, lots of love in the poll for PJ3 ... surprising.
                                The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
                                X