Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thornbury wrote: View Post
    Casey
    Some kind of U of K souvenir of Casey's from his days there like his jersey or degree. C'mon Davis or MKG
    Have a good feeling that we'll move into top 5
    Absolutely watching this year.
    Top 5 would include 1,2,3 but the Raptors only options for the draft are 1,2,3 or 8,9,10.

Comment

has it been explained somewhere why the raptors won't get a crack at 4 5 6 or 7?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        has it been explained somewhere why the raptors won't get a crack at 4 5 6 or 7?
        The lottery is only for the #1, #2 and #3 picks. After that, the rest of the draft goes in reverse order of the standings at the end of the regular season. For example, Charlottee ended the season in 30th place, has a 25% chance of getting the #1 pick and can't pick any worse than 4th overall.

The entire second round goes in reverse order of the standings at the end of regular season. For example, if the Raptors were to get extremely lucky and win the lottery to get the #1 pick in the first round, they would still hold the 8th pick in the second round (#38 overall).

Comment

The lottery only determines picks 1, 2 and 3. After the top 3 picks, the remaining picks are based on season record.

If 3 teams below the Raptors got 1, 2 and 3, the Raptors would pick 11 - the statistical odds of this are essentially non-existent.

If 2 teams below the Raptors got 1, 2 or 3, the Raptors pick 10.

If 1 team below the Raptors gets 1, 2, or 3, the Raptors pick 9.

If no team below Toronto gets in to the top 3, the Raptors pick 8.

When the lottery results are announced, pray you hear any other team besides Toronto at 8 - and of course they were not heard at 9, 10, or 11. That will be your sign they have secured a top 3 pick.

Comment

colonel mustard
            professor plum
            library
            candlestick
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thanks Matt I always thought the lottery was 1 - 14

Comment

thanks Matt I always thought the lottery was 1 - 14
                You can see the Raptors' draft odds for each pick in my original post.

Comment

yeah I'm a little slow on the uptake from time to time. I didn't get why they were blank there.

Comment

Now worries I just figured you might have missed it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Last time I didn't watch the Raptors won the darn thing. Perhaps I tune out this time around again?
                      It's for the best...

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                        # Some flashy name, cause these always win. Bring Justin Bieber and Stern will HAVE to give us one of the Top 3 pick, just for the sake of interviewing him. Or Jonas, but he'll probably be with his National team.

# $10M in a suitcase, for Stern.

# If lotteries are set, then I'd say yes (CB4 trade payback + Stern and BC being close friends + big market with young core waiting for franchise player). Otherwise, nope.

# Definitely
                        *claps*

Comment

Will it be on NBATV Canada?

Comment

colonel mustard
                            professor plum
                            library
                            candlestick
                            LOL.

Casey
                            None
                            No, I see us droppping tbh.
                            I hope so.

Comment

Casey
                              A poodle with a broken leg
                              for first overall no, second or third my gut feeling says it will happen
                              Yup
                              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                The lottery is only for the #1, #2 and #3 picks. After that, the rest of the draft goes in reverse order of the standings at the end of the regular season. For example, Charlottee ended the season in 30th place, has a 25% chance of getting the #1 pick and can't pick any worse than 4th overall.

The entire second round goes in reverse order of the standings at the end of regular season. For example, if the Raptors were to get extremely lucky and win the lottery to get the #1 pick in the first round, they would still hold the 8th pick in the second round (#38 overall).
                                One exception is that we tied with Golden State and since they won the tie breaker they got 7th in the first round, but in the second round we pick ahead of them hence we actually have the #37 pick while Golden State has the #38.

Comment

Working...
                                X