• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't ever say YOLO again... i hate that word

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      don't ever say YOLO again... i hate that word
      Let some jokes happen. Believe me do I hate that word too, but for sure I will be watching the draft lottery.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        • Who should represent the Raptors?
        • What should they bring as a "lucky charm"?
        • Do you have a good "feeling" about this year's lotto?
        • Will you watch the lotto?
        1.a) I agree that the Raps mascot should represent... in fact all of the lottery teams should be represented by their mascots and instead of having lotto balls, have the mascots face off in a royal rumble to determine the top picks (I've killed two birds with one stone - made the draft lottery much more entertaining and eliminated the problem of tanking).
        1.b) If we can't have the mascot, I say Anthony Davis should represent the Raps
        2.a) If it's a royal rumble, as I suggested, I would recommend a tank as a lucky charm (forgive the pun)
        2.b) Anthony Davis should wear a Raps jersey for a lucky charm.
        3) Yeah, I don't think we will end up with Rafael Araujo this time... even with the 9th, 10th, or 11th pick
        4) Absolutely
        Last edited by The Coach; Thu May 24, 2012, 01:33 AM.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
          1.a) I agree that the Raps mascot should represent... in fact all of the lottery teams should be represented by their mascots and instead of having lotto balls, have the mascots face off in a royal rumble to determine the top picks (I've killed two birds with one stone - made the draft lottery much more entertaining and eliminated the problem of tanking).
          1.b) If we can't have the mascot, I say Anthony Davis should represent the Raps
          2.a) If it's a royal rumble, as I suggested, I would recommend a tank as a lucky charm (forgive the pun)
          2.b) Anthony Davis should wear a Raps jersey for a lucky charm.
          3) Yeah, I don't think we will end up with Rafael Araujo this time... even with the 9th, 10th, or 11th pick
          4) Absolutely
          Well in that case... we should have GSP suit up in the Raptor's costume.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            Let some jokes happen. Believe me do I hate that word too, but for sure I will be watching the draft lottery.
            What the hell is YOLO?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              What the hell is YOLO?
              i'll explain it to u old timer. Its from a stupid drake song, YOLO= You Only Live Once

Btw i was only joking about the older timer thing so don't go crazy on me.

Comment

The only way I'd be an old timer is if people on average live for 30 years, actually make that closer to 25.

I guess YOLO is a new acronym, but, "you only live once" is an old ass saying.

As you might be able to tell, I'm not a big "hip hop" fan. "rock" is more my poison. The only Drake I'm a fan of is Nathan.

Anyways, not sure the draft lottery is worth a YOLO reference. But, w/e. I like that the NHL has it before the playoffs.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

1. Junk Yard Dog
                  2. Lucky Charms??? j/k... That big rock they keep pounding at the ACC.
                  3. I always feel optimistic. Number 1 Pick baby!
                  4. Hell yeah! But my gf is currently cheering the Miami Heat, (just to piss me off)
                  #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

I have a good feeling about the draft this year, definitely, because unless BC has a Babcock Spasm, we will get a solid player (assuming we don't trade the pick).

Even guys like Waiters or Marshall will be decent to good players in the league....As far as lucky charm? BC should go...he's 1 for 1

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                      1. Junk Yard Dog
                      2. Lucky Charms??? j/k... That big rock they keep pounding at the ACC.
                      3. I always feel optimistic. Number 1 Pick baby!
                      4. Hell yeah! But my gf is currently cheering the Miami Heat, (just to piss me off)
                      Sign me up for JYD being there eating a bowl of lucky charms.

Comment

unless this pick is 1,2 or 3 it is getting traded. I will eat a big bowl of shit salad if this doesn't happen
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          unless this pick is 1,2 or 3 it is getting traded. I will eat a big bowl of shit salad if this doesn't happen
                          There will be plenty of players available in the 8-10 range who would immediately upgrade our roster next year. Unless we're acquiring a bona fide star (e.g Rudy Gay), trading the pick for the sake of trading it makes little sense to me.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            There will be plenty of players available in the 8-10 range who would immediately upgrade our roster next year. Unless we're acquiring a bona fide star (e.g Rudy Gay), trading the pick for the sake of trading it makes little sense to me.
                            they won't trade for the sake of trading. But a lot of teams will want a top ten pick in this draft. It will be a seller's market for that draft pick.
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              they won't trade for the sake of trading. But a lot of teams will want a top ten pick in this draft. It will be a seller's market for that draft pick.
                              That's an interesting thought. We've been so focussed on the Raptors going after a top-5 talent, but that's a whole other angle to consider, especially if the Raps see a player or two they like who are likely to still be available further down. There's a couple teams that have multiple mid-1st round picks (Houston and Boston are two, I believe)... curious to think if the Raps might flip their #8-11 pick for 2 lower picks, while possibly also either picking up a minor asset or unloading some salary...

Comment

Jay breaks it down pretty well. Some visuals for you visual learners; such as myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X