View Poll Results: Do you plan to watch the lotto?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    38 88.37%
  • No

    5 11.63%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Draft Lottery 2012

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    no last year it was on its own. It was half and hour long on one of the TSN's or NBA TV Canada don't remember.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ya, why would they squeeze it in at halftime? The amount of money they can make putting it's out on it's own and dragging it out to make as much advertisement room as they can.

    It's a bussiness driven league.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Ya, why would they squeeze it in at halftime? The amount of money they can make putting it's out on it's own and dragging it out to make as much advertisement room as they can.

    It's a bussiness driven league.
    true that, but its fun to watch. Just sitting there with your fingers crossed hoping your team moves up.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Who should represent the Raptors?
    Anyone; it's a trivial assignment with no chance to affect the outcome.

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    What should they bring as a "lucky charm"?
    A big gun.

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Do you have a good "feeling" about this year's lotto?
    I have the feeling it will be held on time. Does that count as a good feeling?

    Will you watch the lotto?
    If I happen to be watching the game, then yes; otherwise no. Knowing the results of the lottery the instant it happens is not important to me.

    I will be happy whether we pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, or 10th.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Date: May 30, 2012

    Code:
     	                        Lottery
                            Record  chances        Pick
                                                   1st 	2nd 	3rd 	4th 	5th 	6th 	7th 	8th 	9th 	10th 	11th 	12th 	13th 	14th
    Toronto Raptors 	23-43 	35 	       .035     .040 	.048 	 	 	 	 	.704 	.165 	.008 	.000 	 	 	
    • Who should represent the Raptors?
    • What should they bring as a "lucky charm"?
    • Do you have a good "feeling" about this year's lotto?
    • Will you watch the lotto?
    Dwane Casey
    Kid Raptor
    Somewhat
    YOLO

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    don't ever say YOLO again... i hate that word

  7. #47
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    don't ever say YOLO again... i hate that word
    Let some jokes happen. Believe me do I hate that word too, but for sure I will be watching the draft lottery.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    • Who should represent the Raptors?
    • What should they bring as a "lucky charm"?
    • Do you have a good "feeling" about this year's lotto?
    • Will you watch the lotto?
    1.a) I agree that the Raps mascot should represent... in fact all of the lottery teams should be represented by their mascots and instead of having lotto balls, have the mascots face off in a royal rumble to determine the top picks (I've killed two birds with one stone - made the draft lottery much more entertaining and eliminated the problem of tanking).
    1.b) If we can't have the mascot, I say Anthony Davis should represent the Raps
    2.a) If it's a royal rumble, as I suggested, I would recommend a tank as a lucky charm (forgive the pun)
    2.b) Anthony Davis should wear a Raps jersey for a lucky charm.
    3) Yeah, I don't think we will end up with Rafael Araujo this time... even with the 9th, 10th, or 11th pick
    4) Absolutely
    Last edited by The Coach; Thu May 24th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    1.a) I agree that the Raps mascot should represent... in fact all of the lottery teams should be represented by their mascots and instead of having lotto balls, have the mascots face off in a royal rumble to determine the top picks (I've killed two birds with one stone - made the draft lottery much more entertaining and eliminated the problem of tanking).
    1.b) If we can't have the mascot, I say Anthony Davis should represent the Raps
    2.a) If it's a royal rumble, as I suggested, I would recommend a tank as a lucky charm (forgive the pun)
    2.b) Anthony Davis should wear a Raps jersey for a lucky charm.
    3) Yeah, I don't think we will end up with Rafael Araujo this time... even with the 9th, 10th, or 11th pick
    4) Absolutely
    Well in that case... we should have GSP suit up in the Raptor's costume.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Let some jokes happen. Believe me do I hate that word too, but for sure I will be watching the draft lottery.
    What the hell is YOLO?

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    What the hell is YOLO?
    i'll explain it to u old timer. Its from a stupid drake song, YOLO= You Only Live Once

    Btw i was only joking about the older timer thing so don't go crazy on me.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only way I'd be an old timer is if people on average live for 30 years, actually make that closer to 25.

    I guess YOLO is a new acronym, but, "you only live once" is an old ass saying.

    As you might be able to tell, I'm not a big "hip hop" fan. "rock" is more my poison. The only Drake I'm a fan of is Nathan.

    Anyways, not sure the draft lottery is worth a YOLO reference. But, w/e. I like that the NHL has it before the playoffs.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Starter RPT23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    1. Junk Yard Dog
    2. Lucky Charms??? j/k... That big rock they keep pounding at the ACC.
    3. I always feel optimistic. Number 1 Pick baby!
    4. Hell yeah! But my gf is currently cheering the Miami Heat, (just to piss me off)
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a good feeling about the draft this year, definitely, because unless BC has a Babcock Spasm, we will get a solid player (assuming we don't trade the pick).

    Even guys like Waiters or Marshall will be decent to good players in the league....As far as lucky charm? BC should go...he's 1 for 1

  15. #55
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RPT23 wrote: View Post
    1. Junk Yard Dog
    2. Lucky Charms??? j/k... That big rock they keep pounding at the ACC.
    3. I always feel optimistic. Number 1 Pick baby!
    4. Hell yeah! But my gf is currently cheering the Miami Heat, (just to piss me off)
    Sign me up for JYD being there eating a bowl of lucky charms.

  16. #56
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    unless this pick is 1,2 or 3 it is getting traded. I will eat a big bowl of shit salad if this doesn't happen

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    unless this pick is 1,2 or 3 it is getting traded. I will eat a big bowl of shit salad if this doesn't happen
    There will be plenty of players available in the 8-10 range who would immediately upgrade our roster next year. Unless we're acquiring a bona fide star (e.g Rudy Gay), trading the pick for the sake of trading it makes little sense to me.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #58
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    There will be plenty of players available in the 8-10 range who would immediately upgrade our roster next year. Unless we're acquiring a bona fide star (e.g Rudy Gay), trading the pick for the sake of trading it makes little sense to me.
    they won't trade for the sake of trading. But a lot of teams will want a top ten pick in this draft. It will be a seller's market for that draft pick.

  19. #59
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    they won't trade for the sake of trading. But a lot of teams will want a top ten pick in this draft. It will be a seller's market for that draft pick.
    That's an interesting thought. We've been so focussed on the Raptors going after a top-5 talent, but that's a whole other angle to consider, especially if the Raps see a player or two they like who are likely to still be available further down. There's a couple teams that have multiple mid-1st round picks (Houston and Boston are two, I believe)... curious to think if the Raps might flip their #8-11 pick for 2 lower picks, while possibly also either picking up a minor asset or unloading some salary...

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Jay breaks it down pretty well. Some visuals for you visual learners; such as myself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •