Let's get realistic... I hope I am.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get realistic... I hope I am.

Chances we get Nash, Batum or any of those guys are pretty, pretty slim. Same for getting Gay or Iguodala via trades. Same for getting a top 3 pick. Raptors won't trade any of Calderon, DeMar or Bargnani, IMO.

Also, even though I don't love Bayless, I think we should re-sign him since we can go over the cap to get him. Here's a plan that I think is pretty realistic.

1.Draft Jeremy Lamb with our 8th pick and best point guard available with our 37th pick.
    2.Sign Aaron Gray, Jamaal Magloire and Alan Anderson.
    3.Trade Amir Johnson, Gary Forbes and our 56th pick for a combo guard.
    4.Trade TE for Marvin Williams.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Bargnani/Davis/Kleiza
    Williams/Johnson/Anderson
    DeRozan/Combo guard/Lamb
    Calderon/Bayless/Rookie

Now let's see the rotation:
    Valanciunas/Gray/Davis/Bargnani/Magloire
    Bargnani/Davis/Kleiza/Johnson
    Williams/Johnson/Kleiza/DeRozan/Anderson
    DeRozan/Lamb/Combo guard/Bayless/Anderson
    Calderon/Bayless/Combo guard/Rookie

So our 3 guys who won't be on the 12 men rotation are Magloire, Anderson and the rookie point guard. I think I like this roster, are you? If not, why?
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Tue May 22, 2012, 07:34 PM.

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Chances we get Nash, Batum or any of those guys are pretty, pretty slim. Same for getting Gay or Iguodala via trades. Same for getting a top 3 pick. Raptors won't trade any of Calderon, DeMar or Bargnani, IMO.

Also, even though I don't love Bayless, I think we should re-sign him since we can go over the cap to get him. Here's a plan that I think is pretty realistic.

1.Draft Jeremy Lamb with our 8th pick and best point guard available with our 37th pick.
    2.Sign Aaron Gray, Jamaal Magloire and Alan Anderson.
    3.Trade Amir Johnson, Gary Forbes and our 56th pick for a combo guard.
    4.Trade TE for Marvin Williams.

Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire
    Bargnani/Davis/Kleiza
    Williams/Johnson/Anderson
    DeRozan/Combo guard/Lamb
    Calderon/Bayless/Rookie

Now let's see the rotation:
    Valanciunas/Gray/Davis/Bargnani/Magloire
    Bargnani/Davis/Kleiza/Johnson
    Williams/Johnson/Kleiza/DeRozan/Anderson
    DeRozan/Lamb/Combo guard/Bayless/Anderson
    Calderon/Bayless/Combo guard/Rookie

So our 3 guys who won't be on the 12 men rotation are Magloire, Anderson and the rookie point guard. I think I like this roster, are you? If not, why?
    Though I think this is a realistic line up I don't like it because there is no clear number 1,2 and 3 scorer and I would honestly rather have lamb start because of his play off the ball defense and shooting, I do expect BC to at least make a move for one higher echelon player but I just think he will end up giving up too much. This line up just doesn't have that guy at the end of a game when it's close that you can say we will get you the ball, you do the rest
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Thanks for you answer, then let's try to find a REALISTIC way to get this clutch guy you be talkin' about.

Comment

Amir and #56 for Lou Williams?

Although I appreciate you trying to be realistic, you essentially said trade the players you always say to trade for someone who would fit.

I think getting Batum, Iggy, or Gay is definitely realistic.

I would rather trade Ed than Amir, although I feel like neither of us will change our mind about those two.
        Marvin Williams would be a nice pick up, but with Klieza already here and a slightly cheaper version of him, I dont see us taking on his contract.

Comment

How getting Gay, Iggy or Batum is realistic? Those 3 guys are the main players of their teams, 3 teams that are trying to build for a championship. Blazers will match any offer and I don't see how we can really lure Gay or Iguodala. And I didn't mention Lou anywhere.

Comment

The one guy that might be available is Gay. Their owner has said they will not be a tax team. That means eventually they will have to move one of Gay, Gasol or Randolph. Letting Mayo go doesn't get them there. That said, if Gay is available, there will be lots of teams interested, despite the fact that he is overpaid at max money. He's a long shot, but not out of the question in my opinion.

Comment

I also think that Igoudala would be available since the sixers already have Turner starting to produce, Williams off the bench and thadd young, it makes him expendable although I wouldn't about what kind of offer it would take.
              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

If with DeMar, Amir and Forbes we can get Iguodala I'm all for it. But I just don't see that kind of trades happening.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  If with DeMar, Amir and Forbes we can get Iguodala I'm all for it. But I just don't see that kind of trades happening.
                  That trade probably will not happen, however we could trade more than DD Amir and forbes. All of your trades are pretty much centered around trading these three guys, however if we want better players we need to trade more/better players.

As the others said, and have been saying:

Gay is being paid a lot. Especially with Randolph and Gasol. People still argue they played better without Gay last year and that the team is better focused on their bigs. After being beat in the first round, and not having much more room for growing (no money, cause of Gay) it makes sense to trade him, free up capspace and hopefully improve there team. They need to make changes to get better and I see Gay (as most do) as the odd man out.

Batum is a restricted free agent. Would Portland offer him a max deal? I doubt it. Should we? Definitely not.
                  However, there must be a price portland will not pay Batum, if our price is higher, we can get him. Portland is trying to rebuild, and a huge salary could cripple them. Basketball is a business after all.

As for Iggy, he has been rumored to be traded every year for the past 3 or 4 years. Philly was expected to get beat out first round by the Bulls prior to the rose injury. In my opinion they are still only mediocre, and like Memphis will need to make changes in order to grow. Depending on what position Turner is going to play ( some say 1, 2 or 3) and on how much he grows, Philly could trade a number of players.

As for Lou Williams, it was merely a suggestion, one which I think is good. You said trade Amir for a combo guard. Lou Williams is a combo guard, one who we have had interest in before, has a similar salary to Amir, and if Iggy does not get traded then Turner may become their 6th man, and Williams may be the odd man out.

The raptors have a lot of young players, draft picks, and cap space. Other than franchise players Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Durant, Etc. who will never leave their teams, I think we have a chance to get any player. As I said the NBA is a business and anyone can be acquired if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                  X