Raptors among 24 teams in 2012 Las Vegas Summer League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors among 24 teams in 2012 Las Vegas Summer League

NEW YORK, May 24, 2012 – A record 24 teams will compete at the 2012 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas this summer, the NBA announced Thursday. From July 13- 22, 23 NBA teams, including 11 that participated in the NBA Playoffs, as well as a team of NBA D-League Select players will compete at the Thomas & Mack Center and the COX Pavilion on the campus of the University of Nevada Las Vegas.

The 2012 competition will mark the eighth summer that the league has been held in Las Vegas since its inception in 2004. Each of the participating teams will play five game each for a total of 60 contests over the course of the event’s 10 days. Gatorade will support the 2012 NBA Summer League and serve as an Associate Partner.

The 2012 field for NBA Summer League (years participated):

Atlanta Hawks (2010)*
    Boston Celtics (2004-07)*
    Charlotte Bobcats (2008)
    Chicago Bulls (2005, 2009-10)*
    Cleveland Cavaliers (2004-10)
    Dallas Mavericks (2005-10)*
    Denver Nuggets (2004-10)*
    D-League Select (2009-10)
    Golden State Warriors (2005-10)
    Houston Rockets (2006-10)
    L.A. Clippers (2005-10)*
    L.A. Lakers (2007-10)*
    Memphis Grizzlies (2007-10)*
    Miami Heat (2010)*
    Milwaukee Bucks (2007-10)
    Minnesota Timberwolves (2006-10)
    New Orleans Hornets (2005-10)
    New York Knicks (2005-10)*
    Phoenix Suns (2004-10)
    Portland Trail Blazers (2005-10)
    Sacramento Kings (2005-10)
    San Antonio Spurs (2007-10)*
    Toronto Raptors (2008-10)
    Washington Wizards (2004-10)

http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...-in-las-vegas/

JV will not be playing, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
      JV will not be playing, or am I mistaken?
      I believe it depends upon Lithuania qualifying for the Olympics. If they qualify, he's out; if they don't, he'll be playing blackjack.

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post
        I believe it depends upon Lithuania qualifying for the Olympics. If they qualify, he's out; if they don't, he'll be playing blackjack.
        Okay, thanks for clearing that up

Comment

i was thinking about this the other day, two summers ago Jeremy Lin played for the Dallas Mavericks summer league team where Casey got to know him. They didn't go anywhere with him becasue they had Beaubois (right or wrong that's not the point). My point is that maybe these Lin rumours we've been hearing hold merit because Dwayne Casey wants him and that has created rumours. Maybe i'm just making things up.

Summer league should be good nonetheless. Ed Davis will be there and whoever we draft. Hopefully it proves helpful!

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
            Okay, thanks for clearing that up
            The Qualification Tournament is held in Caracas from July 2nd to July 8th. So if they fail, he could definitely be in Vegas with the Raps.

But honestly, I really can't see how Lithuania could fail when you know that 3 Olympics tickets will be delivered there.

They'll have to beat Nigeria and Venezuela in the preliminary round (easy), then they'll probably face Jordan or Puerto Rico in 1/4 final (shouldn't be a problem).

And then Macedonia (a bit trickier but largely doable), where they can qualify directly or have a second chance if they lose, through a game against the loser of Greece-Russia.

All in all, my point is : forget about seeing JV in Vegas, he'll be in London. And I think that's way better in terms of experience : can't wait to see him playing against the US team.

Comment

Raptors TV has televised a few summer league games in the past (if I'm not mistaken). Anyone know if there will be TV coverage this year?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Raptors TV has televised a few summer league games in the past (if I'm not mistaken). Anyone know if there will be TV coverage this year?
                Correction: It's now called NBATv.

The following link indicates "YES"....on NBATv and other digital platforms (whatever that includes).

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/5/24...r-league-field
                Last edited by Bendit; Fri May 25, 2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Aaaaaaactually, it's called "NBATv Canada"

Thanks for the link.

Comment

no guys its NBA TV Canada

Comment

I'm curious to see how many players will actually take part from the expected team. I'd assume the 1st round pick and two second rounders if BC uses all three but other then that it would just be filler. I'm curious if Ed Davis or Solo would take part?

Comment

PJ3 should be there, Ed should be there, our second rounders(if they don't get traded), and Solo should too

Comment

Working...
                        X