Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Raptors Awards

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raptors Awards

    Hey since we seem to be in the "everything is entirely speculation" time of the year, here's a list of all the past awards the Raptors have received.

    http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/tea...28/Awards/Type

    I know this is nothing new here but I stumbled upon this and it's worth looking at.

    Yep, no Raptor has make the All-Defensive First or Second Team yet...
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  2. #2
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Calderon would have made an all-rookie team if not for his injury.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, I had no idea that Bosh actually made the all-NBA second team in 07. Pretty nice accomplishment for a player everyone seems to ridicule now

  4. #4
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He should have won player of the game at the rookie/sophomore game as well. He outplayed Melo but I fell he lost out on it because the league was hyping the shit out of Melo as the next big star.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that Bosh actually made the all-NBA second team in 07. Pretty nice accomplishment for a player everyone seems to ridicule now
    I still think he's a very good player, maybe around 4th team all-NBA (and close to 3th). It's pretty easy to compare him with Wade and Lebron and say he's not that good. Those two are arguably two of the best 5 players in the league and one of them is top 10 ever easily and the other a very likely top 50 ever, if not better. I don't think Miami can win this year without him and Wade and Lebron have to be almost twice as dominant and aggressive if he's not around to have a chance (will Wade sustain that for another 10 games?).

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He should have won player of the game at the rookie/sophomore game as well. He outplayed Melo but I fell he lost out on it because the league was hyping the shit out of Melo as the next big star.
    They hype never stopped. I'd think a New York team with Bosh and let's say Rudy Gay alongside Chandler would be much more dangerous than with Stoudemire and Anthony.

  7. #7
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would tend to agree. Bosh and Gay are team players.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we`ve won a couple rookie of the years!
    @jerboat

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well next year we'll be stacked with awards. PJ3/Big V will win ROY and Dwane Casey will win COTY

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Well next year we'll be stacked with awards. PJ3/Big V will win ROY and Dwane Casey will win COTY
    And Bargnani will win MVP!

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im not surprised this team hasnt accomplished much as to date. This organization is still in its infancy. On the bright side, there is an entire book to be written and that might be appealing to some people.

    Do you guys seriously like PJ that much? i just dont see it cause hes coming off his sophomore season where he didnt really impress if you watched him. i be more inclined to pick a quincy miller if i had to go with anyone from baylor, im not saying that i would pick him, its that he's younger and has more upside. id take pj if he fell to the late first round somewhere in the 15-23 pick range. Im just saying there r a lot more talented individuals we should consider.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Im not surprised this team hasnt accomplished much as to date. This organization is still in its infancy. On the bright side, there is an entire book to be written and that might be appealing to some people.

    Do you guys seriously like PJ that much? i just dont see it cause hes coming off his sophomore season where he didnt really impress if you watched him. i be more inclined to pick a quincy miller if i had to go with anyone from baylor, im not saying that i would pick him, its that he's younger and has more upside. id take pj if he fell to the late first round somewhere in the 15-23 pick range. Im just saying there r a lot more talented individuals we should consider.

    If we pick 8th ish PJ should be our guy, although i think his stock will likely increase with the workouts, Chad Ford is already drooling all over his nuts. He has too many physical tools to not be a good to great nba player. And as we have seen Casey has no issues getting people motivated.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    If we pick 8th ish PJ should be our guy, although i think his stock will likely increase with the workouts, Chad Ford is already drooling all over his nuts. He has too many physical tools to not be a good to great nba player. And as we have seen Casey has no issues getting people motivated.
    Im hoping that we dont pick him. He was hyped coming out of HS as the next possible KD. he is more of a Anthony Randolph. Id rather go with a Brad beal (ray allen comparisons) if available, or austin rivers who is similar. they both have all the intangibles both are extremely dangerous shooters and it helps to be clutch as well.

    Speaking of someone whos stock should increase. Im still sticking with Moe Harkless the guy is a big time sleeper.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Well next year we'll be stacked with awards. PJ3/Big V will win ROY and Dwane Casey will win COTY
    What kind of kool-aid are you drinking, lemme know so I can buy some and be as delusional as you.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    What kind of kool-aid are you drinking, lemme know so I can buy some and be as delusional as you.
    Nothing wrong with extreme optimism! Personally, I'd of thrown in Colangelo for EOY but whatever.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    And Bargnani will win MVP!
    And I will win a Pulitzer prize!

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Nothing wrong with extreme optimism! Personally, I'd of thrown in Colangelo for EOY but whatever.
    True, I can agree with the Big V for ROTY, but Dwane isn't gonna win it, Byron Scott will if they get Brad Beal, I think, and if they get a solid SF like Royce White or my sleeper of the draft Moe Harkless at 22th pick.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    True, I can agree with the Big V for ROTY, but Dwane isn't gonna win it, Byron Scott will if they get Brad Beal, I think, and if they get a solid SF like Royce White or my sleeper of the draft Moe Harkless at 22th pick.

    DC is well respected throughout the league. If the Raptors make the playoffs, he will be a very strong candidate.

    Byron Scott is a good pick too. I always thought highly of him as a coach. I was pretty disgusted with their display down the stretch though. I forget what game it was but they were down 102-55 in one of the games towards the end of the season. His team totally quit. I admire Casey's ability to keep the players competitive at the very least.

    *Edit: I was joking on BC EOY year by the way. Maybe if I said the starting lineup for the Raptors would win First Team All-NBA the sarcasm would have been more clear*

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ... Maybe if I said the starting lineup for the Raptors would win First Team All-NBA...
    I don't think they had a strong enough offensive game to seriously contend for First Team All-NBA. Now that's just my opinion, and I happen to be a bit harsh on the fellows. But I think that consistent, hard effort for 48 minutes of every 48 minutes on the floor is a prerequisite for that kind of honour!








    :-)

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    Im not surprised this team hasnt accomplished much as to date. This organization is still in its infancy. On the bright side, there is an entire book to be written and that might be appealing to some people.

    Do you guys seriously like PJ that much? i just dont see it cause hes coming off his sophomore season where he didnt really impress if you watched him. i be more inclined to pick a quincy miller if i had to go with anyone from baylor, im not saying that i would pick him, its that he's younger and has more upside. id take pj if he fell to the late first round somewhere in the 15-23 pick range. Im just saying there r a lot more talented individuals we should consider.
    You cannot compare PJ3's talent to anyone in the draft but Anthony Davis. He is an athletic freak and one of the most talented guys in the draft. People just questioned his motor but as we heard from the GM's in Santa barbra he dominated while playing the 3.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •