Who's going to be champs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to be champs.

I know it ain't Raps talk but there's lots of interesting drama unfolding in this year's playoffs.

Down to the last 4. We have 2 veteran laden teams, and 2 younger teams coming into their own.

Personally, I like the fact that D.Fish might get one more ring than Kobe. There's definitely a little karma going on there. Jordan Hill could be a nice catch, but D. Fish has that lucky, bald-headed thing happening.

Any predictions? Commentary? Anyone voting for Miami? (it will be because of Wade, remember that...)

All-in-all, there's some pretty exciting basketball going on.

The first younger team I get, but what is the second?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      The first younger team I get, but what is the second?
      Miami is relatively young...ish.

Comment

I am pulling for either team from the west preferably OKC. I want the Celtics to kick Miami's ass but just can't stand either of them so no joy for them from me.

Comment

I am rooting for San Antonio.

I think they can beat Miami with their depth.

Plus it gives OKC another year to gain valuable experience so when they meet the Heat in the finals next year, they beat their candy-asses.

I do not think OKC would beat the Heat this year so go San Antonio.

I hope Boston beats Miami and the issue becomes moot..... wow, never thought I'd cheer for Boston - unholy allegiance indeed.

Comment

I'm pro Spurs as well, you can't not like them as an organisation, Pop as a great and witty coach and their players who don't play for stats but for wins.

I like the Celtics and Oklahoma and want the heat to get beat even though I just love seeing Lebron going full steam through the opposition on the fast break.

Comment

Pretty much exactly what Matt said
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I agree with a lot of what has already been said.

I think with Bosh out and his return questionable, San Antonio has to be the Favourite, they got elite talent (coming out of their prime but still elite) and imo the best bench in the league (San Antonio's bench scored more points than any other bench in the regular season). Even if Bosh comes back I still think SA has to be the odds favourite.

The team that wins the Championship is usually the team that gels at the right time. Thanks to last night's win in the opener SA is now tied for longest consecutive win streak (19 games) in NBA history, tied with the 2001 Kobe/Shaq Lakers who won the title that year.

I'm also cheering for SA because even though I like the Thunder, I think SA has a better chance of beating the Heat.

I'm also playing the lesser of two evils by cheering for the Celtics over the Heat. Without Bosh I think the Celtics should be able to take it. Also the Celtics are old and are going to have to rebuild/retool in a season or so anyway, so Miami is the long term threat. The heat are the most scrutinized team in the L and another year without a championship will put pressure on them to shake things up, which would be nice to see.

So I predict

SA over OKC
                BOS over MIA

SA over Boston

I would have NEVER predicted that Finals Match up at the start of this season, or even half way through.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I hope Boston beats Miami and the issue becomes moot..... wow, never thought I'd cheer for Boston - unholy allegiance indeed.
                  If the Celtics were playing Satan's hordes for control of the world I'd probably cheer for Satan's hordes. There are absolutely no circumstances where cheering for a team from Boston is permissable. Ideally, Miami will beat them in 4 games by an average of about 40 points a game.

I'll take Miami-SA. I don't see Miami beating SA. The way the Spurs rolled the Thunder last night in the 4th quarter was very impressive. The Spurs can throw Green, Leonard, Neal, Jackson, Ginobli at Wade and Lebron and wear them down. Miami won't have any answer for Parker or Duncan, especially with Bosh at less than 100%.

Comment

I want to see Celtics and Spurs.
                    Apparently there is bad blood between Duncan and KG, a matchup that should be awesome to see.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                      If the Celtics were playing Satan's hordes for control of the world I'd probably cheer for Satan's hordes. There are absolutely no circumstances where cheering for a team from Boston is permissable. Ideally, Miami will beat them in 4 games by an average of about 40 points a game.
                      My sentiments exactly.

I hope the celtics fail on an epic level.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        I'm pro Spurs as well, you can't not like them as an organisation, Pop as a great and witty coach and their players who don't play for stats but for wins....
                        Duncan is no kid any longer, but he makes it look soooo easy. Those guys know what they have to do and they know how to do it. Hard to see OKC taking 4 out of 7.

Comment

If OKC and Miami meet in the finals its going to be very very tough. But if SA meets miami its going down, if boston meets OKC we all know whats gonna happen, and if Boston meets SA then its the battle of the old men.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            If OKC and Miami meet in the finals its going to be very very tough. But if SA meets miami its going down, if boston meets OKC we all know whats gonna happen, and[B]if Boston meets SA then its the battle of the old men./B]
                            I actually want to see Boston - San Antonio more then any other matchup. All these older players trying to win 1 more. It would be a crazy good series. So much at stake.

Comment

soo true. It would be fun to watch

Comment

Working...
                              X