Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: silly game

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I'll put a pint on the line that PJ3 has a better rookie season than Lamb. Any takers? I'm willing to take up to 3 bets as 3 pints is my limit before driving (gotta stay responsible you know)
    That's a tough one. I'm big on PJ3, but Lamb's got a great deal going for him too.

But I'd be willing to bet 3 pints that PJ3 has a better season than Vesely
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I challenge anyone that says they had JV on their big board to prove it.
    http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/47935/2011

IDK if you can see it, but this was my 2011 mock draft last year, I had Valanciunas going to the Raptors, when I watched highlights during the month following the past month I feel in love with this guy, and it pretty much made me want him as a Raptor.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    That's a tough one. I'm big on PJ3, but Lamb's got a great deal going for him too.

But I'd be willing to bet 3 pints that PJ3 has a better season than Vesely
    Yeah taking a bit of a risk since Lamb is a good talent himself, but it's just a fun bet to see how strongly the PJ3 haters feel. I say the NBA.com rookie ladder could be used to determine the winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    http://nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/47935/2011

IDK if you can see it, but this was my 2011 mock draft last year, I had Valanciunas going to the Raptors, when I watched highlights during the month following the past month I feel in love with this guy, and it pretty much made me want him as a Raptor.

my point is I think he slipped under A LOT of peoples radars...mine included. I was at the Raptors Republic Draft Party...I remember the almost unanimous shouting of WTF!? You, Matt and Ceez are for sure in the minority

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

my point is I think he slipped under A LOT of peoples radars...mine included. I was at the Raptors Republic Draft Party...I remember the almost unanimous shouting of WTF!? You, Matt and Ceez are for sure in the minority
    Yeah I get you, but something about Valanciunas just made me "lust" for him, considering you rarely find a hustling, fast, fairly athletic center with certain intangibles you can't find, but if he wasn't available Brandon Knight seemed like the clear choice.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind I was very high on Kanter.

I was non-stop about him for a couple of months, then I was about JV for a couple of weeks *max*, and then back to the love in with Kanter.

In the end though, I'm glad the way things worked out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how Raptor nation will feel a year from now. Everyone has sort of assumed JV is going to be our Centre of the future , but he has yet to play a minute in the NBA. There is a lot about the teams future that will be revealed next season.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Wonder how Raptor nation will feel a year from now. Everyone has sort of assumed JV is going to be our Centre of the future , but he has yet to play a minute in the NBA. There is a lot about the teams future that will be revealed next season.
    They will slate him off and call for his head after a non-Dwight Howard season. Bare in mind I truly believe he'll be big in his rookie season but nowhere near what most expects out of him. I'll make a guess and say he'll be along the lines of 10 ppg and 7 rpg.

But I have no doubt he will be our Centre of the future and a cornerstone to this franchise.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
    They will slate him off and call for his head after a non-Dwight Howard season. Bare in mind I truly believe he'll be big in his rookie season but nowhere near what most expects out of him. I'll make a guess and say he'll be along the lines of 10 ppg and 7 rpg.

But I have no doubt he will be our Centre of the future and a cornerstone to this franchise.
    There is no 'most' that expects him to go for 20/10 or something along those lines. Not on here in any case. There are only people saying that there are a lot of people who expect too much, but actually none of these people...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    There is no 'most' that expects him to go for 20/10 or something along those lines. Not on here in any case. There are only people saying that there are a lot of people who expect too much, but actually none of these people...
    I guess I have a pretty clueless bunch of people as friends. The people I talk to believe he's gonna be our savior and post 20/10 in his rookie season. Well I wouldn't be against him doing that, just very unlikely.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember being pretty high on Val about a month prior to the draft, then got scared off by his buyout issues. There were rumours it could turn into a full-blown Rubio situation.

That said, I was probably an even bigger fan of Kanter. I still think he could be a great (not just good) player. Like DeMarcus Cousins without the crazy.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I challenge anyone that says they had JV on their big board to prove it.
    + 1. Yeah. Prove it.
    I had Kawhi, Knight and then Kemba

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
    I guess I have a pretty clueless bunch of people as friends. The people I talk to believe he's gonna be our savior and post 20/10 in his rookie season. Well I wouldn't be against him doing that, just very unlikely.
    Not gonna happen.

Post Thanks / Like

The little I saw of Kanter he seemed REALLY slow footed. Obviously his rookie season isn't what you want to base his potential off of and I think he'll make a fine pro one day, I just don't see it happening for another 2-3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

it'll help he has a good coach from the get-go and not thrown into the fire early in his career
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Based on what I knew then and not what I know now (there are threads which detail this last year if one were to search) I would have said Kemba Walker.

Based on what I know now my pick might still be Walker although I like Thompson and Leonard a lot. I liked Burks a lot last year but 5 is too high for him.

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    But if Big V wasn't available who would you have taken last year?

My draft board last year was:
    big Val
    Kanter
    Kawhi
    Kemba
    Knight
    Burks

As of today? I'd take Kawhi. I knew his D was going to be good but not this good soon. Just wow. Dude is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone expecting 20/10 from Jonas next year just hasn't done their homework. He's a "project", just like most rookies these days. But there's no reason why we shouldn't expect 20/10 (or close to it) within 3 years.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Kanter probably would've put up better stats if he got the minutes. Being drafted by a playoff-calibre team isn't always the best situation for a player who needs court time to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

i expect like 7 and 7 and to foul out most games
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had kanter and kemba before valanciunas. But now I'd probably take Thompson or kawhi if Jonas wasn't available.

Thread Information