silly game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly game

But if Big V wasn't available who would you have taken last year?

My draft board last year was:
    big Val
    Kanter
    Kawhi
    Kemba
    Knight
    Burks

As of today? I'd take Kawhi. I knew his D was going to be good but not this good soon. Just wow. Dude is awesome.
    @sweatpantsjer

I think everyone was obsessed with Kemba and Knight, just because we all felt we needed a pg. I'd look at Kawhi or Shumpert. Shumpert could play for us from 1-3, and would be fantastic in Casey's system.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      But if Big V wasn't available who would you have taken last year?

My draft board last year was:
      big Val
      Kanter
      Kawhi
      Kemba
      Knight
      Burks

As of today? I'd take Kawhi. I knew his D was going to be good but not this good soon. Just wow. Dude is awesome.
      You had JV at the top of your big board? Wow, he was way down on mine... I was a big fan of Kawhi and Knight at the time. Still like them both but glad Colangelo made the pick he did.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

yeah i liked him over kanter cause of the interview thing and value of a center over other positions.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I challenge anyone that says they had JV on their big board to prove it.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

i wanted kemba then knight then kwahi.

if given another chance i would have taken kwahi. he is going to be a champion several times over in his career. i was afraid of kanter getting so much hype from just an exhibition game. i hadn't heard of jv at the time and was disappointed that both of my pgs were still up and not chosen.

i couldn't believe that tristan went fourth. and i'm with thead. chances are there are records on this forum somewhere if you were here to show you wanted jv.

i was scared shitless we were going to take vessely. he will end the worst pick in the lottery from last year.

if jv half meets expectations he will be the second best pick in the draft and if he meets them it would have been hard to choose kyrie over a legit awesome 7 footer.

Comment

Veesley I think will turn into a solid NBA player...give him four years and you will see a solid two way player
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I was one of those people who reacted negatively to the JV pick.

One of those "What the **** Toronto ?!!!"

I had Kemba or Knight, then Kawhi.

Then I saw JV's videos for U19 tourney ....... Mind blasted
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I challenge anyone that says they had JV on their big board to prove it.
                  Look through the 2011 draft thread.

I had Kanter then JV.

The bit from me that was on the RR main page was all about the need to get a C.

Comment

Mine was:
                    Knight (I wanted them to draft him over Big V at the time)
                    Bismack Biyombo
                    Enes Kanter
                    Kawhi Leonard

... after that, I didn't really care about anyone else - maybe Kemba by trading down.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

My picks for last year were
                      Irving
                      Kanter
                      Knight
                      D. Will

Now it would be
                      Irving
                      Klay Thompson
                      Leonard
                      Kanter

Comment

I was hoping for Kemba or Kawhi, but I'm pleased with the JV pick.

Comment

Kanter, Kemba.

I believe Kawhi came for a second workout here so BC must have had interest in him. The knock against him was his shot which looks fine with the Spurs. The Spurs really know how to pick them (15 by the Pacers) dont they?. I must admit I didnt know much about JV and would confuse him with Motiejunas who is also a Lithuanian 7 fter who doesnt play defense and is a jump shooter!

Comment

My 2011 big board looked like this:
                            1. Irving (PG of the future)
                            2. Williams (assuming he would play SF)
                            3. Valanciunas (after reading ESPN synopsis about him being a ferocious rebounder who wanted to dunk everything, then seeing his build and thinking he could be the team's defensive anchor C of the future alongside Bargnani)
                            4. Kanter (good C, scared by his year off and lack of experience, hence 2nd C behind JV)
                            5. Leonard (good defensive, rebounding SF, which I thought was the team's biggest positional need after a traditional C)
                            6. Knight (BPA after my top 5, IMO; 2nd favourite PG after Irving)

I was adamantly opposed to drafting Kemba, Biyombo or Vesely. I thought Kemba was too small and too much of a combo guard. I feared Biyombo being too raw (Thabeet 2.0). I looked at Vesely and saw a less talented Turkoglu 2.0, who would be too weak for PF and too unathletic for SF. I was definitely in the minority about both Kemba and Biyombo, but I seem to recall most RR readers being anti-Vesely.

I was one of the few who was very happy with the JV pick from the start. I was shocked that Cleveland didn't draft him at #4 - even with him staying in Europe for a season, Cleveland fans wouldn't mind because they'd still have Irving, then could add JV and another lottery pick the following season... oh well, worked out well for us Raptor fans!

Comment

yeah i should have clarified, Irving was definitely atop my big board, however realized there was no way he'd drop to us.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X