No announcement yet.

silly game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember being pretty high on Val about a month prior to the draft, then got scared off by his buyout issues. There were rumours it could turn into a full-blown Rubio situation.

That said, I was probably an even bigger fan of Kanter. I still think he could be a great (not just good) player. Like DeMarcus Cousins without the crazy.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I challenge anyone that says they had JV on their big board to prove it.
      + 1. Yeah. Prove it.
      I had Kawhi, Knight and then Kemba

Comment

flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
        I guess I have a pretty clueless bunch of people as friends. The people I talk to believe he's gonna be our savior and post 20/10 in his rookie season. Well I wouldn't be against him doing that, just very unlikely.
        Not gonna happen.

Comment

The little I saw of Kanter he seemed REALLY slow footed. Obviously his rookie season isn't what you want to base his potential off of and I think he'll make a fine pro one day, I just don't see it happening for another 2-3 years.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

it'll help he has a good coach from the get-go and not thrown into the fire early in his career
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Based on what I knew then and not what I know now (there are threads which detail this last year if one were to search) I would have said Kemba Walker.

Based on what I know now my pick might still be Walker although I like Thompson and Leonard a lot. I liked Burks a lot last year but 5 is too high for him.

ceez wrote: View Post
              But if Big V wasn't available who would you have taken last year?

My draft board last year was:
              big Val
              Kanter
              Kawhi
              Kemba
              Knight
              Burks

As of today? I'd take Kawhi. I knew his D was going to be good but not this good soon. Just wow. Dude is awesome.

Comment

Anyone expecting 20/10 from Jonas next year just hasn't done their homework. He's a "project", just like most rookies these days. But there's no reason why we shouldn't expect 20/10 (or close to it) within 3 years.

Comment

Kanter probably would've put up better stats if he got the minutes. Being drafted by a playoff-calibre team isn't always the best situation for a player who needs court time to improve.

Comment

i expect like 7 and 7 and to foul out most games
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I had kanter and kemba before valanciunas. But now I'd probably take Thompson or kawhi if Jonas wasn't available.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i expect like 7 and 7 and to foul out most games
                        Yes, he has a lot of games with a lot of fouls in Europe, but in large part that is because he knows how many minutes he will play (which isn't 36) and is just a matter of using his fouls. In some games he played to aggresive and had too many fouls too quick, but that's not what I've seen in most games. Would be intesting what the Lithuanian guys say about this, but their big guys seem to use the fouls they got in the minutes they will get much more 'efficiently' than we are sometimes used to in the nba.

He (probably) will need some adjusting, but I don't think it will be anything close to Amiresque.

Comment

Working...
                        X