Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do YOU have a top 3, before Wednesday night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    davis, mkg, robinson
    I'm with you, Bendit. I think Robinson could be crazy good. He reminds me of Amare, but is a better rebounder.

Comment

I usually dont do this but i think we should draft this year based on a mixture of best talent available and also by need. Keeping this in mind my big board will look something like this assuming the raptors leap into the top three teams in the draft lottery.

1stMKG-
      NCAA champ. I think he played great as a freshmen and we all know our teams need for a wing player.

2ndBradley Beal-
      Fantastic shooter. DC has mentioned that our team need to add shooters. His rebounding ability is amazing.

3rdAustin Rivers-
      Had a good one year stint at duke. He can light it up and has a fearless mentality.

Seeing as were stacked at the 4 and 5 positions, I think we should focus on wing players. That doesnt mean that I'd pass on Davis if we landed the first pick.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

davis if 1st

mkg
        beal
        robinson

if we are not 1st. but i am also on the fence of trading down to 2 or 3 if we win to get another asset and still get one of either mkg or beal.

i really like mkg

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          Had a dream the Raptors won the lottery. I woke up pretty pissed off when I realized it was a dream.
          My top 3: Davis, MKG, Beal
          had the same one a month ago

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post
            I'm with you, Bendit. I think Robinson could be crazy good. He reminds me of Amare, but is a better rebounder.
            Good to have some company. TRob (your namesake!) I think will transition great into the NBA and was a beast (with so much heart) in the tournament carrying his team. The Raptors are in sore need of a leader on the floor and this is why I also go for MKG. Difference maker is what I'd like in crunch time and I believe my picks sorta reflect that. To be honest I am getting a bit nervy about Davis who has great upside but is currently not built for the heavy going inside game. What if he is physiologically unable to put on weight?

Comment

Davis obviously.
              After that:
              MKG
              Beal
              Barnes
              Those 3 based on need. Of course, if we trade AB and get a higher pick then I start thinking Robinson. As an aside, I wanted to mention that I just showed my wife Google's images of Anthony Davis and she couldn't stop laughing that every NBA fan in the world wants this guy on their team. She was more freaked by his grill then the Brow

Comment

Just wanted to say I gotta good feeling about Wednesday night.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                  1.) Anthony Davis
                  2.) Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
                  3.) Bradley Beal
                  +1 The best three, but if we were going on full potential I would have Beal/Perry Jones
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If anyone doesn't choose Davis 1st then wow....
                    After that
                    MKG
                    Beal (how tall is he though?)
                    Barnes (cause teamed with Jose, Barnes could be deadly)

I think we all agree the workouts will be crucial

Comment

rus wrote: View Post
                      After that
                      MKG

Your absolutely right, workouts can make it or break it for most players. You also make an interesting point with putting Barnes in your top 3. He had an awful sophomore season with North Carolina, which really freaked me out since I thought he would be a guaranteed first pick after his freshman year. You mentioned that if we draft Barnes he could be deadly if teamed with Jose. You hit the nail on the head with that one. I just put Rivers ahead of Barnes on my top three because he made the decision to declare for the NBA after one year in the NCAA. He played a great season at Duke, my fondest memory is him hitting a game winning three against Dukes biggest rival North Carolina.
                      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

rus wrote: View Post
                        After that
                        MKG

I don't know if picking based on compatibility with Calderon, is the best approach....especially since it would take a minor miracle for Calderon to last in Toronto beyond next season.

Comment

Top 3: Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, beal

Why not stick with the 8th pick (if thats where we end up drafting) and go with PJ3?? I feel like he could be the steal of the draft.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I don't know if picking based on compatibility with Calderon, is the best approach....especially since it would take a minor miracle for Calderon to last in Toronto beyond next season.
                            When Calderons contract expires I think he should and will be resigned to a back up role he is still very useful and we owe him that seeing as he has been a class act throughout these past years. And we all know how good he can be because of his high basketball IQ. Although he clearly is not our PG of the future. I believe we should consider possibly drafting a PG, if there is available, in this years draft. Maybe make a trade with Mem or Ind to move into the late first round and get a Marquis Teague or Tony Wroten.

I think Andre Drummond has amazing potential. It would be hard not picking him. Hes a freak of nature and we know he can play Defense. He is only 18 years old and he can possibly be the next Dwight Howard. The knack on him is his motor and his ft pct (just under 30 percent wow). Is he in my top three though? Maybe... What do you guys think?

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                              When Calderons contract expires I think he should and will be resigned to a back up role he is still very useful and we owe him that seeing as he has been a class act throughout these past years. And we all know how good he can be because of his high basketball IQ. Although he clearly is not our PG of the future. I believe we should consider possibly drafting a PG, if there is available, in this years draft. Maybe make a trade with Mem or Ind to move into the late first round and get a Marquis Teague or Tony Wroten.

I think Andre Drummond has amazing potential. It would be hard not picking him. Hes a freak of nature and we know he can play Defense. He is only 18 years old and he can possibly be the next Dwight Howard. The knack on him is his motor and his ft pct (just under 30 percent wow). Is he in my top three though? Maybe... What do you guys think?
                              I'm afraid of Drummond. I don't like the idea of taking low post players based 100% on potential. He could be the next Dwight or Amare, but the odds are that he'll be the next Thabeet, Olawokandi, Curry, Brown, Thomas, or Swift instead.

Comment

Having said that, Chad Ford just tweeted this:

Drummond has lost 22 pounds since ending the season. He's at 268 now. He's very quick laterally for a big guy. VERY QUICK

Comment

Working...
                                X