Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 104

Thread: Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am not feeling Lowry, but if the price is right I would take him for no more than 3 years.

    Edit: I guess I should have been clearer...I would not want to give up too much and don't see him as the PG I would want for the Raptor's for the next 6-7 years. If he was a starter for his remaining 2 years of contract and mentored a young PG like Marshall I am OK with it. I would not want to re-sign him long term after his current deal is up.
    Last edited by WJF; Tue May 29th, 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: too vague

  2. #22
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My original post starts off by showing he only has two years left on contract at MLE.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,653
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The coach killer/locker room poison accusations about Lowry maybe misplaced. From the couple of pieces I have read it seems that the coaching ref. by Lowry was about him sharing playing time with Dragic. I view that as understandable as KL is starter pg quality and has earned it. Dragic too proved himself this year with differences in less rebounding & 3pt % but more in ppg and asts. When all is said and done BC might end up with Dragic who is a UFA and wont cost any assets and kind of solves Houston's and the guards problem...both get to start. Thats unless Houston considers Dragic to be the better. Of course Dragic can also choose not to sign with TO.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dont know what all the criticism is about. Lowry was arguably Houstons best player this year. He is a big upgrade over Bayless and it would allow Calderon to play with the 2nd unit. The upcoming draft is weak on point guards, so targetting Lowry and having to proven point guards would be brilliant. Besides, if both are having good games, we could play with 2 point guards in crunch time.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what about calderon for lowry and kevin martin? Kmart2 isn't really in the rockets' plans and with calderon they wouldn't have to worry about signing dragic. it'd also open up more capspace to pursue whoever. i'm clearly just throwing spaghetti at a wall here.
    @jerboat

  6. #26
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    what about calderon for lowry and kevin martin? Kmart2 isn't really in the rockets' plans and with calderon they wouldn't have to worry about signing dragic. it'd also open up more capspace to pursue whoever. i'm clearly just throwing spaghetti at a wall here.
    If a trade went down, I expect it would be a multi-team deal, or multiple deals. Players like Kmart/Calderon could wind up with other teams than Tor/Hou.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There are many deals and scenarios that may pop-up in internet chat over the next few months, but safe to say - if we start the season next year with one of the Rockets PG's on our roster (Lowry, Dragic) that will have me pumped.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,027
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not sure if I would give this years draft pick for Lowry. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Calderon. I like the idea of drafting (ie. Lamb, PJ3) and then signing Dragic as a UFA. Best of both worlds in my opinion. With Jonas, Dragic, and a wing player, our roster would be pretty much set. I see Dragic getting around 7mil. We would still have money to grab a good vet (ie Barbosa). We would still have the midlevel (ie. Gray) and sign some guys to veteran minimums.

  9. #29
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if I would give this years draft pick for Lowry. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Calderon. I like the idea of drafting (ie. Lamb, PJ3) and then signing Dragic as a UFA. Best of both worlds in my opinion. With Jonas, Dragic, and a wing player, our roster would be pretty much set. I see Dragic getting around 7mil. We would still have money to grab a good vet (ie Barbosa). We would still have the midlevel (ie. Gray) and sign some guys to veteran minimums.
    I agree completely that I wouldn't give up the lottery pick to get Lowry. The only way I contemplate giving up the lottery pick is to get a young, surefire stud wing player (ie: Gay, Batum, Mayo or a similar player).

    The Raptors have a lot of other assets to negotiate trades with:
    - one of Amir/Davis (or even both)
    - JJ
    - Forbes
    - Alabi (would have to pickup option)
    - Bayless (S&T, after July 1st)
    - Calderon (especially if a top flight PG is coming back via trade or signing, ie: Nash)
    - 2 x 2012 2nd round draft picks (#38 & #56)
    - 2013 1st round pick
    - 2013 2nd round pick

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i wouldn't move the pick for mayo
    @jerboat

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if I would give this years draft pick for Lowry. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Calderon. I like the idea of drafting (ie. Lamb, PJ3) and then signing Dragic as a UFA. Best of both worlds in my opinion. With Jonas, Dragic, and a wing player, our roster would be pretty much set. I see Dragic getting around 7mil. We would still have money to grab a good vet (ie Barbosa). We would still have the midlevel (ie. Gray) and sign some guys to veteran minimums.
    Either uyou have cap room to sign a free agent or you have the mid-level, you can't have both. The best way to maximize acquisition is to use our cap room before June 30th. Then you have the mid-level to use and keep our qualifying offers.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wouldn't mind seeing Lowry in a Raps uniform. People are making way too much of the guy wanting to be a starter and saying that him and Dragic can't co-exist. I don't think that's even in dispute. They can't. They are both #1 guys. Now, he probably could have handled it better but the reaction to it is way over the top.

    Having said all that, the primary need on this team is an elite wing scorer with a top shelf all court game who can take over games and carry the team to playoff wins. They need a Ginobli, Wade, Durant, Pierce, etc. Without that guy, all the other moves are immaterial. That needs to be the primary focus and where all the assets are spent first and foremost. Once that is done, then let's move to focusing on complimentary guys like Lowry.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i'm clearly just throwing spaghetti at a wall here.
    Allow me to channel the Odd Couple, Walter Mathau in particular: It's not spaghetti, you idiot! Now it's gahhhhhhhbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDXSXkYoM5Y

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,891
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like you, LeeZ
    @jerboat

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I like you, LeeZ
    And I accept your man crush. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

  16. #36
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The Raptors have a lot of other assets to negotiate trades with:
    - one of Amir/Davis (or even both)
    - JJ
    - Forbes
    - Alabi (would have to pickup option)

    - Bayless (S&T, after July 1st)
    - Calderon (especially if a top flight PG is coming back via trade or signing, ie: Nash)
    - 2 x 2012 2nd round draft picks (#38 & #56)
    - 2013 1st round pick
    - 2013 2nd round pick
    In order to be considered an asset, I believe you have to have a certain amount of agreed upon Value. Haha

    I'm not sure anyone in the league would consider Forbes or Alabi anything more than trade filler.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Big men love playing for him since he seems to favour them whereas he treats guards like dirt. I can't remember for the life of me which players were saying that, but it seems to be the case.
    Something like this is in my memory as well, but I can't find any older article about it (because everyting I find is about Lowry).

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree completely that I wouldn't give up the lottery pick to get Lowry. The only way I contemplate giving up the lottery pick is to get a young, surefire stud wing player (ie: Gay, Batum, Mayo or a similar player).

    The Raptors have a lot of other assets to negotiate trades with:
    - one of Amir/Davis (or even both)
    - JJ
    - Forbes
    - Alabi (would have to pickup option)
    - Bayless (S&T, after July 1st)
    - Calderon (especially if a top flight PG is coming back via trade or signing, ie: Nash)
    - 2 x 2012 2nd round draft picks (#38 & #56)
    - 2013 1st round pick
    - 2013 2nd round pick
    I believe a Sony Weems S&T is also still on the table ... especially if his disgusting ankle is back to human looking.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,106
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    In order to be considered an asset, I believe you have to have a certain amount of agreed upon Value. Haha

    I'm not sure anyone in the league would consider Forbes or Alabi anything more than trade filler.
    The only assets of any real value are: JV, Bargs, 2012 and 2013 first rounders. If Calderon was movable he'd be gone by now (we know this cause they've already tried). I can't imagine there's much demand for Derozan, though I could be wrong. That's not a lot to work with even if you have the room to take a big contract back.

  20. #40
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    In order to be considered an asset, I believe you have to have a certain amount of agreed upon Value. Haha

    I'm not sure anyone in the league would consider Forbes or Alabi anything more than trade filler.
    haha all assets are definitely NOT equal... just available! I assume the highlighted players would be more for salary matching than included at the specific request of the other team!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •