Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think Toronto should look to include Minnesota in any trade discussion with Houston.

Martin would fit like a glove in Minnesota.

Minnesota also has some interesting assets - that may or may not be available - namely #18, Ridnour, and non-guaranteed contracts.

I don't know about giving up the pick though - even if it is #8 or 9. Tough call. If Toronto could get two of #14, 16, and 18 then that would certainly make things interesting.
    I'm not sure Houston is looking to move Martin unless they get a VERY good piece back.

And I'm not exactly sure for how long now, but you've been DYING to make a trade with Minnesota for quite some time eh? Hahah

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't think they should need to give up the lotto pick to land someone of Lowry's level.
      I really have no idea what Lowry's perceived value would be ... its a tough call.

On the one hand, he was a 'should-be All-Star' last year and led his team to some VERY big wins.
      On the other hand, Dragic manged to step in seamlessly and lead the team to some of his own VERY big wins.

So do they have two PGs that are just So-So on a So-So team; or do they have TWO borderline All-Stars waiting to bust out?

But I'd take Lowry over Dragic, and I wouldn't give up the Pick for either of them.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I don't think they should need to give up the lotto pick to land someone of Lowry's level.
        I'm not sure what Toronto has that could interest the Rockets. They have young 4's, they have young tweeners. I doubt they have interest in DD.

Without the pick, for Lowry to end up in Toronto more teams are needed.

Comment

The pick even at 8 is too much for a first year starter. I do like the idea of acquiring Lowry though. Got to love them Philly guards. They as tough as they come. If I do remember correctly in are golden years we were lead by a Philly guard. Who is still to this day the best Point Guard in Raptor history and he happens to be Kyle Lowry's mentor too. Leave the pick out of it and get it done BryCo.
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 29, 2012, 04:25 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure Houston is looking to move Martin unless they get a VERY good piece back.

And I'm not exactly sure for how long now, but you've been DYING to make a trade with Minnesota for quite some time eh? Hahah
            lol - yeah.

Last year it was all about Jose and the mentor to Rubio for Ridnour and Pekovic. This was before Pekovic became P-E-K-O-V-I-C with the 15.5 and 8.5 as a starter.

Comment

aI'm not sold on Lowry. He doesn't seem like a long-time top-grade PG, and I would think that the Raptors would need an upgrade in the next few years if they want to become an elite team. In that case, they might as well hang on to Calderon and look for their point guard of the future. I just don't see Lowry in that role for the franchise long-term for some reason (temperament is part of it... I love competitive, but not too close to the edge).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I think Toronto should look to include Minnesota in any trade discussion with Houston.

Martin would fit like a glove in Minnesota.

Minnesota also has some interesting assets - that may or may not be available - namely #18, Ridnour, and non-guaranteed contracts.

I don't know about giving up the pick though - even if it is #8 or 9. Tough call. If Toronto could get two of #14, 16, and 18 then that would certainly make things interesting.
                Funny you say Minnesota, as that is exactly what I was thinking earlier today when I came up with this trade.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  No Lowry please, he's locker room cancer, i would rather take Goran Dragic or even Jonny Flynn
                  Jonny Flynn was a god-awful player the past two years. We can always pick him cheap the next time he is waived should the Raptors brass decides the tank must go full throttle.

Comment

I wonder if trading Calderon and forbes for Lowry would be good enough

Comment

Maybe it's stupid

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        I wonder if trading Calderon and forbes for Lowry would be good enough
                        The problem is that Calderon makes close to $10M and Lowry only $5M.. since Houston does not have cap space they would need to include other salary which would make the trade difficult.

Try using the ESPN trade machine. Once the trade works there then add a thread in the trade forum so we can talk about it.

Comment

We do have the Exception created from Barbosa to use as well.

And though the TPEs are rarely used, Dallas was able to acquire Lamar Odom using theirs. So it does happen.

Comment

And though the TPEs are rarely used, Dallas was able to acquire Lamar Odom using theirs. So it does happen.
                            We have the exception not Houston.. there is no problem with us taking on more salary since we have cap space and a TPE.. but Houston to acquire Calderon will have to give up salary on their end for it to work since Lowry makes half as much.

Comment

And that turned out awesome for Dallas.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                We have the exception not Houston.. there is no problem with us taking on more salary since we have cap space and a TPE.. but Houston to acquire Calderon will have to give up salary on their end for it to work since Lowry makes half as much.
                                Understood; my point being that if Houston is completely fed up, and feels like the extra Cap Space is worth it, then we can in theory acquire Lowry for nothing.

Obviously not going to happen, but with people listing Assets that we have, I'd say the TPE is absolutely in play.

WJF wrote: View Post
                                And that turned out awesome for Dallas.
                                It could have ... if Odom wasn't such a basketcase.

Comment

Working...
                                X