Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    In order to be considered an asset, I believe you have to have a certain amount of agreed upon Value. Haha

I'm not sure anyone in the league would consider Forbes or Alabi anything more than trade filler.
    Ujiri would probably trade Lawson and Faried - just to get his hands on Alabi again.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Big men love playing for him since he seems to favour them whereas he treats guards like dirt. I can't remember for the life of me which players were saying that, but it seems to be the case.
    Except Kevin Love, who HATED playing for McHale as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he was behind getting him thrown out of Minni.
    They clashed on many occasions, and Love made it very clear to the media that they didn't get along, and that acquiring Adelman was one of the main reasons he resigned with the Wolves.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

that's right, i totally forgot about Love
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I think Toronto should look to include Minnesota in any trade discussion with Houston.

Martin would fit like a glove in Minnesota.

Minnesota also has some interesting assets - that may or may not be available - namely #18, Ridnour, and non-guaranteed contracts.

I don't know about giving up the pick though - even if it is #8 or 9. Tough call. If Toronto could get two of #14, 16, and 18 then that would certainly make things interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they should need to give up the lotto pick to land someone of Lowry's level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I think Toronto should look to include Minnesota in any trade discussion with Houston.

Minnesota also has some interesting assets - that may or may not be available - namely #18, Ridnour, and non-guaranteed contracts.

I don't know about giving up the pick though - even if it is #8 or 9. Tough call. If Toronto could get two of #14, 16, and 18 then that would certainly make things interesting.
    I'm not sure Houston is looking to move Martin unless they get a VERY good piece back.

And I'm not exactly sure for how long now, but you've been DYING to make a trade with Minnesota for quite some time eh? Hahah
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think they should need to give up the lotto pick to land someone of Lowry's level.
    I really have no idea what Lowry's perceived value would be ... its a tough call.

On the one hand, he was a 'should-be All-Star' last year and led his team to some VERY big wins.
    On the other hand, Dragic manged to step in seamlessly and lead the team to some of his own VERY big wins.

So do they have two PGs that are just So-So on a So-So team; or do they have TWO borderline All-Stars waiting to bust out?

But I'd take Lowry over Dragic, and I wouldn't give up the Pick for either of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure what Toronto has that could interest the Rockets. They have young 4's, they have young tweeners. I doubt they have interest in DD.

Without the pick, for Lowry to end up in Toronto more teams are needed.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The pick even at 8 is too much for a first year starter. I do like the idea of acquiring Lowry though. Got to love them Philly guards. They as tough as they come. If I do remember correctly in are golden years we were lead by a Philly guard. Who is still to this day the best Point Guard in Raptor history and he happens to be Kyle Lowry's mentor too. Leave the pick out of it and get it done BryCo.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 29th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Houston is looking to move Martin unless they get a VERY good piece back.

And I'm not exactly sure for how long now, but you've been DYING to make a trade with Minnesota for quite some time eh? Hahah
    lol - yeah.

Last year it was all about Jose and the mentor to Rubio for Ridnour and Pekovic. This was before Pekovic became P-E-K-O-V-I-C with the 15.5 and 8.5 as a starter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

aI'm not sold on Lowry. He doesn't seem like a long-time top-grade PG, and I would think that the Raptors would need an upgrade in the next few years if they want to become an elite team. In that case, they might as well hang on to Calderon and look for their point guard of the future. I just don't see Lowry in that role for the franchise long-term for some reason (temperament is part of it... I love competitive, but not too close to the edge).

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Funny you say Minnesota, as that is exactly what I was thinking earlier today when I came up with this trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    No Lowry please, he's locker room cancer, i would rather take Goran Dragic or even Jonny Flynn
    Jonny Flynn was a god-awful player the past two years. We can always pick him cheap the next time he is waived should the Raptors brass decides the tank must go full throttle.

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if trading Calderon and forbes for Lowry would be good enough

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's stupid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    I wonder if trading Calderon and forbes for Lowry would be good enough
    The problem is that Calderon makes close to $10M and Lowry only $5M.. since Houston does not have cap space they would need to include other salary which would make the trade difficult.

Try using the ESPN trade machine. Once the trade works there then add a thread in the trade forum so we can talk about it.

Post Thanks / Like

We do have the Exception created from Barbosa to use as well.

And though the TPEs are rarely used, Dallas was able to acquire Lamar Odom using theirs. So it does happen.

Post Thanks / Like

And though the TPEs are rarely used, Dallas was able to acquire Lamar Odom using theirs. So it does happen.
    We have the exception not Houston.. there is no problem with us taking on more salary since we have cap space and a TPE.. but Houston to acquire Calderon will have to give up salary on their end for it to work since Lowry makes half as much.

Post Thanks / Like

And that turned out awesome for Dallas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    We have the exception not Houston.. there is no problem with us taking on more salary since we have cap space and a TPE.. but Houston to acquire Calderon will have to give up salary on their end for it to work since Lowry makes half as much.
    Understood; my point being that if Houston is completely fed up, and feels like the extra Cap Space is worth it, then we can in theory acquire Lowry for nothing.

Obviously not going to happen, but with people listing Assets that we have, I'd say the TPE is absolutely in play.

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    And that turned out awesome for Dallas.
    It could have ... if Odom wasn't such a basketcase.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information