Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    It was actually more of a pedal stomp-symbol smash. But,thanks although i sense sarcasm.
    haha. no sarcasm at all.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      . So if the rumor is true then what does this tell you about his plans for Jose this summer?
      Don't kid yourself Jose is not in DCaseys Plan. He doesn't fit.
      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
        Don't kid yourself Jose is not in DCaseys Plan. He doesn't fit.
        You missed the point. Most people on here were of the opinion that Jose was relatively safe this summer until only recently. The shift away from that has coincided with the media's shift in it's belief.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          i don't think Bargs is as untouchable as we all think
          +1

I am not sure if they are talking about swapping picks

Send jose + bargs + $$$ + #8
          get back Lowry / scola + # 14

Comment

+1

That is a horrible waste of assets in my opinion. How does that help the team at all? The Raptors might land a better player than Lowry or Scola at #8.

Comment

You missed the point. Most people on here were of the opinion that Jose was relatively safe this summer until only recently. The shift away from that has coincided with the media's shift in it's belief.
              That may be true but I thought his (Jose) brand of defense was integral to the tank job of this short season. I am sure they did evaluation also but its clear Casey can never get his system in place with the point of attack so vulnerable.

Comment

Jose may not fit the defense but he's the best option they have right now and unless they're careful they're careful about his replacement they're going to wind up with one of the worst offenses in the league.

I think trading the pick for Lowry is a no, no. I can see it now. An all-star goes at #8 to the Rockets and three years later the fans in here are losing their minds when it's obvious that Lowry is merely an average PG.

Comment

That is a horrible waste of assets in my opinion. How does that help the team at all? The Raptors might land a better player than Lowry or Scola at #8.
                  #8 and #14 is a coin flip - draft boards are all over the place - you save cap space if anything

Jose is an aging liability - good assist man but no where near athletic enough to go against good guards he can play on a team in
                  front of Hibbert or Howard where they can erase his mistakes.

Bargs is the wild card here: I have turned off more raptor games in disgust because of his play than for any other reason in the past 5 years. However he was brilliant for 20 or so games so now everyone is on his nutz. If he reverts back to broken down or lazy Bargs he will be branded for life.

Raps have enough bigs. They have to get a gamer @ the point to become anything. And scola is not chopped liver either. They will be very young and need hard nosed guy or two around to set the example.
                  Last edited by charlz; Wed May 30, 2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I disagree, those mock drafts are wrong every year. You know who rarely is wrong about the draft? Bryan Colangelo. He's had many hits in the draft and dropping six spots is a huge shift. They have a far better chance at getting the right player when six more top prospects are available to choose from and your "coin flip" statement won't mean a thing if he essentially trades away an all-star. You'll be on here with the pitch fork mob in a year or two.

Comment

I disagree, those mock drafts are wrong every year. You know who rarely is wrong about the draft? Bryan Colangelo.
                      This draft is described by almost everyone being chalked full of talent but outside of the top 4-5 no run away talent. Also remember BC traded Roy Hibbert for JO and passed on Lamarcus Alderige.

Ed Davis and Demar Derozen although from weak drafts are hardly blowing anyone's mind.

Remember Raps could have as many as 3-4 rookies this year - they need some veterans who know how to be a pro and lead by example.

Comment

Jose is an aging liability - good assist man but not where near athletic enough to go against good guards he can play on a team in
                        front of Hibbert or Howard where they can erase his mistakes.
                        In an age where big spenders are about to be beaten up bad from luxury tax increases, an expiring contract of $10.5M is a highly marketable asset for the trade deadline or summer free agency.

Bargs is the wild card here: I have turned off more raptor games in disgust because of his play than for any other reason in the past 5 years. However he was brilliant for 20 or so games so now everyone is on his nutz. If he reverts back to broken down or lazy Bargs he will be branded for life.
                        It's a horrible time to trade him. He had an excellent open to the season and then was hampered with injuries. Was that the real Bargnani or not? That question is going to reduce trade value and also it exposes the Raptors to getting hosed should it be the REAL Bargnani. Now is not the time to trade him. Sell high. Worst case scenario is he's still 2011 Bargnani. We'll know next year this time. That's the point to deal him unless the Raptors win the Davis sweepstakes.

This draft is described by almost everyone being chalked full of talent but outside of the top 4-5 no run away talent. Also remember BC traded Roy Hibbert for JO and passed on Lamarcus Alderige.

Ed Davis and Demar Derozen although from weak drafts are hardly blowing anyone's mind.

Remember Raps could have as many as 3-4 rookies this year - they need some veterans who know how to be a pro and lead by example.
                        You don't know Colangelo's draft board. I don't know that. What I know is Colangelo has a whole team working on his board. I don't trust mock drafts. They're always wrong. They can add vets via free agency, just like they've alluded to. Drafting #8 gives them a far better shot at getting a top tier talent. The sooner they pick, the more likely they are to get "their guy". Unless you have an accurate mock draft and you know Colangelo's draft board you can't sit here and tell me the Raptors have just as good a shot or remotely as good a shot at getting a top tier player at #14. History does not support such a statement and you have no real strong supporting evidence for this particular year.

Comment

+1

I think the Raptors are getting short changed. That might be a bias on my part.

Scola is 32 and is under contract for 3 more seasons. I would not want to be paying him $11M at 35 years of age.

Take out the #8 and the trade is more reasonable.

Lowry is a very good point guard but he is not all-star level.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Scola is 32 and is under contract for 3 more seasons. I would not want to be paying him $11M at 35 years of age.

Lowry is a Jameer Nelson type player, good, but not great. I agree with your thoughts.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Yes he is not an all star I agree
                              - Raps have been a flaccid/ predictable / porous at PG for years (sorry to Jose fans)
                              - I do like that he is just entering his prime - you need a few guys at that age to start winning at some point
                              - I do think he would shine more brightly in DCasey's system.

Comment

Yes he is not an all star I agree
                                - Raps have been a flaccid/ predictable / porous at PG for years (sorry to Jose fans)
                                - I do like that he is just entering his prime - you need a few guys at that age to start winning at some point
                                - I do think he would shine more brightly in DCasey's system.
                                I agree especially with the bold.

I just think the cost compared to the long term benefits is too steep.

I think the assets Toronto would be giving up are more valuable than the proposed return.

Comment

Working...
                                X