Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demar and Amir back at it, with the Drew League. Good thing? Bad thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Still think Drew League is a waste of time in his development.
    Agreed.

I guess the question of the thread is kinda out of whack with the direction the discussion has taken. Drew League is just what it is and not a "good" or "Bad" thing. More like an "irrelevant" thing IMO.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
      Agreed.

I guess the question of the thread is kinda out of whack with the direction the discussion has taken. Drew League is just what it is and not a "good" or "Bad" thing. More like an "irrelevant" thing IMO.
      I only fear it being a negative if he's playing in the Drew League when he could be doing something more productive. Taking some time off to rest, getting into the gym and working on fundamentals like dribbling long-range shooting just seem so much more necessary, that I worry blowing all that off to play pickup with his friends is giving insight (negatively) into his priorities and real work ethic. I hope it's just overreaction and that he's only playing Drew League ball in addition to all the stuff we Raptors fan expect him to be doing.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I only fear it being a negative if he's playing in the Drew League when he could be doing something more productive. Taking some time off to rest, getting into the gym and working on fundamentals like dribbling long-range shooting just seem so much more necessary, that I worry blowing all that off to play pickup with his friends is giving insight (negatively) into his priorities and real work ethic. I hope it's just overreaction and that he's only playing Drew League ball in addition to all the stuff we Raptors fan expect him to be doing.
        Ahhhh f*ck it.... I'm pissed now. Just trade the guy. What a bum.

*joking*

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I worry blowing all that off to play pickup with his friends is giving insight (negatively) into his priorities and real work ethic. I hope it's just overreaction...
          I'm going to say thats just overreaction.
          I think its been made obvious by Demar himself, that he works hard at his craft, and his body, day-in and day-out.

I don't think "having some fun with his friends" is a sign of anything except the fact that he loves to play ball.

I can promise you he is in constant contact with BC and DC, and they have let him know what he needs to do this offseason.
          I bet they probably told his Mom and Dad too! And we all know how you don't cross the Derozan's.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Ahhhh f*ck it.... I'm pissed now. Just trade the guy. What a bum.

*joking*
          HAHAHAHA

Comment

Also interesting that no one is pointing to the fact that James Harden was just as present in the Drew League as Demar was last year, and he turned out fine.

Further to that point, why aren't we up in arms about Amir participating?
            I understand my question was about Demar, but is Amir not just as guilty?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Also interesting that no one is pointing to the fact that James Harden was just as present in the Drew League as Demar was last year, and he turned out fine.

Further to that point, why aren't we up in arms about Amir participating?
              I understand my question was about Demar, but is Amir not just as guilty?
              Harden has all the elements of his game most would like (or wish) DD to develop.

Amir is what he is at this point, in my opinion.

Comment

you guys should check demars twitter feed one in a while, I knew this about a month ago.....

Comment

That means you could say the same thing for Dwane Casey to be in Toronto than being in New York representing in the Draft Lottery. All players need their time off at some point, and we should be happy that he is playing some basketball as of now.

There is a time for the off-season work towards developing, and maybe Demar wants to spend his free time playing some basketball.

Unless any of you know up, close and personal that Dwane Casey is telling him to work with him on his game, he's playing some basketball.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I hate it when we draft guys that enjoy playing basketball.
                    I would be more concerned if he was showing up in the Toronto area rec hockey leagues.
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

It sucks having basketball players who enjoy playing basketball. Demar, should improve his swimming stroke like Andrea....
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Meh

I wasn't aware that giving 53% effort on O, 11% effort on D and jacking up 3s was good for development.

Looks like a bunch of giant ego'd guys playing I'll-get-mine, trying to impress their cousins and old roommates in the crowd.

Comment

I'm shocked anyone voted for "stunts his growth". Should he be with the coaches in Toronto? Maybe, Oh wait THE COACHES AREN'T IN TORONTO RIGHT NOW. Didn't any of you watch the Draft lotto? Geez! Most of the staff and scouts are incredibly busy with the draft right now, this is very much "downtime" across the league. DeMar Playing in a pick up game every other day or so will have ZERO impact on him 6 months from now. Do you really think pick up will drastically effect him? Like more than a 66 game season in 123 days (or whatever)?
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Isn't Drew League something those guys do to sort of give back to their community, give kids a chance to see them in an intimate environment? Once he comes back stronger, maybe trains a bit with the summer league team, works with the US basketball staff, and comes back healthy I think it's okay.

Comment

Working...
                            X