Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demar and Amir back at it, with the Drew League. Good thing? Bad thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar and Amir back at it, with the Drew League. Good thing? Bad thing?

Just saw on Facebook that Demar and Amir are back in LA playing with the Drew League.

I know some people felt this to be ultimately detrimental to Demars development, but I'm not sure I agree.

I felt when he came back after the Lockout, his Confidence shooting and dribbling the ball was at an All-time high, and it showed with some VERY good games to start the season.

I think seeing those 3's go in, even if they are against Lesser Talent (defense) works wonders for a kids confidence on the court.

Stunts his Growth. Should be with the Coaches in Toronto.
    57.69%
    No difference. Basketball is Basketball.
    38.46%
    In Game situations against NBA talent trumps working in the Gym with Coaches.
    3.85%

The Drew League is fine for putting up shots, and getting some cardio, but it didn't help DeMar to focus on his weaknesses.

Comment

i turned the second video off after about a minute, pretty bush league stuff. i get the california guys like playing together and whatever but using the drew league as your offseason work is stupid.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

get in the weight room, Demar
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thank god he somehow made the select team. those guy will hopefully whip him into shape.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

These Drew League games are about as competitive and realistic as the NBA all star game. Nice exhibition for the fans, chance to play with your friends, but not exactly prime developmental activity.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              thank god he somehow made the select team. those guy will hopefully whip him into shape.
              Best shape of his life, brah. He'll also learn what it takes to really be a winner, see how hard these guys work.... getting sleepy.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comment

The drew league will do nothing in bettering yourself as a player. False sense of confidence and development of bad habits is all that will come from this.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Didn't he say that he wasn't gonna do the Drew league thing sometime this year? that he was gonna work on his defense and shooting... so much for that..

Comment

yeah I watched that...I think I could put up 20pts in the drew league. Its all ISO I don't think Amir even touched the ball...and no defense...short of cardio I don't see how this is helpful
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Hit the weight room and work on your skills. Plenty of scrim time with the Select team vs. Olympians.

I am disappointed.

Comment

However, I would assume that the Drew League isn't exactly the most grueling of schedules. Maybe DeMar actually is working on skills, as well as hitting the weights hard in addition to participating in this poor man's AND1 tour.

Comment

Ultimately this is DeMar's "vacation" time right now. So if he wants to enjoy his time off by playing with his friends, I don't think its a big deal. I just hope that once the summer progresses he changes gears and starts hitting the weight room and starts honing his skills. I'm sure Casey will be all over this as he finally gets a time to work with him this off season as compared to last year.

Comment

Wake up, eat, drills, eat, weights, eat, drills, eat, sleep....... Repeat until Select Camp where he'll get tons of scrimmage time. Hate seeing him develop bad habits in pick up games like this. The kids confidence is fine IMO it's his body and skill set that needs some fine tuning. Big summer for Demar ahead

Comment

Its fine with me. He can try out some things he doesnt do in the nba and improve on them. Of course it isn't the same level of difficulty but its still beneficial. Atleast he wont be rusty when summer camp comes

Comment

Working...
                              X