No announcement yet.

High Risk - High Reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No yeah, we should totally throw good money at a guy that's been perennially injured and recently admitted he has a drinking problem. Upside, baby!
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the whole point of this thread was...who would you take giant risk on, not how you would sanely construct a team.
      Last edited by thead; Thu May 31, 2012, 02:54 PM.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        No yeah, we should totally throw good money at a guy that's been perennially injured and recently admitted he has a drinking problem. Upside, baby!
        he only developed the drinking problem because he was perennially injured.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

last i checked he was still always injured
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            last i checked he was still always injured
            yeah but he beat the drinking problem....so there... SIGN HIM

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              High Risk, high reward? Draft PJ3.

If we keep #8, I'm on board the Perry Jones bandwagon. He's like the inverse of James Johnson, but the potential is there I suppose.

Comment

Yes, let's do this, I don't see why not.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Maybe we take a flyer on someone like Gerald Green (low risk, high reward)?
                  he's a dick and he cheered when Toronto didn't pick him in the draft. He can go F himself

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                    If we keep #8, I'm on board the Perry Jones bandwagon. He's like the inverse of James Johnson, but the potential is there I suppose.
                    PJ3 is a monster i hope we pick him if barnes is off the board

Comment

I can't think of any higher risk-higher reward in this draft than PJ3.... even more than Drummond.

Comment

Trade DeMar and ED for Tyreke Evans.

...I would support this move.

Comment

agree with jeff green for high risk high reward free agents. can someone remember what happens if he has to retire due to heart problems? insurance pays him and we get the cap back? part of the cap? i can't remember, vaguely remember the darius miles situation.

Comment

High risk: Inject Alabi with Barry Bonds roids.
                            High reward: He doesn't get caught and becomes the next Dikembe.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              agree with jeff green for high risk high reward free agents. can someone remember what happens if he has to retire due to heart problems? insurance pays him and we get the cap back? part of the cap? i can't remember, vaguely remember the darius miles situation.
                              That depends upon what you work out with an insurance company. Amare Stoudemire's contract is completely uninsured, because no one would put the money up to cover his health risks. But I believe the team could get the cap hit waved, provided he played no part in a season (for your team or anyone else's). I think Portland had to pay keep Darius' contract for just that reason -- Memphis picked him up for peanuts after the trade deadline, and Portand was on the hook for $8 or $9 million on their cap.

Comment

High risk high reward - draft PJ3, package Bargnani and Calderon for Dragic, Budinger and salary filler plus their first round pick, and draft Tony Wroten Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X