No announcement yet.

What would it take to get the #2 pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take to get the #2 pick?

I know this may get moved to the trade forum, but I wanted it to get some looks on the main forum.

The Bobcats need a talent upgrade to the roster, they would like to get rid of Tyrus Thomas I am sure. So would something like this be realistic:

#2 pick and Tyrus Thomas for the #8, Ed Davis, Linas Kleiza, maybe we throw in a second rounder as well.

Would that be worth it to move up from 8 to 2, We would be stuck with Thomas for 3 years, but maybe he could find a role with Coach Casey. Ed would be going back to NC and Linas will be Linas.

Thoughts, any other options?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

i think you'd have to throw in Demar or (and?) Bargs.

i'd still do it.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Maybe #8, Davis and next year's 1st rounder. I can't imagine Charlotte actually wanting Kleiza.

Comment

Beal AND Lillard?

*makes creepy orgasm noises*
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

No way in any world would i touch Tyrus Thomas.

I think you are placing way too much value on #2.

No SG/SF at #2 is head and shoulders above what they might get at #8 (I emphasize SG/SF because outside of AD, I can't see the Raptors interested in any of the other bigs of this draft). I do not see a big enough difference in potential to give up any meaningful asset or especially take on any dead weight that would justify the move.

That is just my opinion though.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
            Maybe #8, Davis and next year's 1st rounder. I can't imagine Charlotte actually wanting Kleiza.
            I have next year's pick earmarked for Myck Kabongo at #15.

lol - 8th seed in the east and a future PG - lol

Comment

yeah really after AD there are no guaranteed super stars. If we keep the pick we won't do too badly at 8
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

i hate ty thomas but it'd be interesting to see what Casey could do with him
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he can hand out the towels and gatorade
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'm thinking MJ is a cheap bastard so wants young talent on rookie scale contracts or TPE to get further under the cap.

Comment

if MJ gets any farther under the cap he is gonna be the coaster

Comment

Pass on Thomas, even if it means getting Beal, MKG or TRob.

How about:
                        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7wavugo

Maggette and #2 for Davis, Kleiza and #8?

Maggette can be our Barbosa next year but as a 2/3 instead of a 1/2.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Pass on Thomas, even if it means getting Beal, MKG or TRob.

How about:
                          http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7wavugo

Maggette and #2 for Davis, Kleiza and #8?

Maggette can be our Barbosa next year but as a 2/3 instead of a 1/2.
                          Maggette could work...see now people are thinking. I just threw the idea out to see what people thought, not that I wanted it to happen.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I would consider #8 & #56 & Ed Davis for #2.

I think Beal has potential to be a much better all around player than Lamb/Barnes, but that could change between now and the draft. Who knows, some mocks even have Beal dropping to #8... wouldn't that be the ideal outcome for the Raptors?! That deal would also clear up the logjam at PF, settling on Amir as the primary backup PF behind Bargnani.

I wouldn't give up anything more than Davis & #56 pick because, as other have already said, the dropoff in wing talent available @ #2 to that available @ #8 isn't that significant.

Comment

I think it's really amusing that after the whole rebuild that began with trading Gerald Wallace, the most talented guy they can hope to get is someone who's upside is frequently sited as being Wallace. It'll be interesting to see if they stick with the rebuild, or try to get a homerun trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X