Bargnani to NO for who/what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani to NO for who/what?

this from ESPN on draft lottery winners...
    New Orleans: Well, duh. Although it's unfortunate that Anthony Davis won't go to Brooklyn, depriving us of tabloid headlines like "BROWBEATEN!", he'll have a huge impact for a Hornets team that already plays pretty respectable team defense. With Davis, Gustavo Ayon, and Jason Smith, the Hornets have three quality bigs who can rotate between the 4 and 5; if they add a power forward who can space and score, they'll be lethal.

Bargs seems to fit that bill perfectly. So if BC trades Bargs, what do we need in return.

I'd say the 10 pick and Ariza (at 7million for two years).

Could we get more? less?

Does NO think Al-Farouq is ready to start? Would they consider this?

are you a NOH fan? =p

Seriously though, that's a shitty deal for Bargs. Ariza is a scrub. We have the 8th pick and may not want to keep it, so why go get the 10th? If Bargs is going to NO it better be for the #1 pick, and unless their new owner is delusional, I don't see that happening.

I'm all for keeping Bargs to see if he gets healthy and hopefully improves on his early season performance, but if we trade him out I don't think it'll be for a pick. I honestly don't see an easy way to get value for Bargs in a trade. Good teams will be offering below value, probably trying to add an offensive weapon while shedding something useless. Bad teams will probably be trying to get rid of larger contracts, like Rashard Lewis, or bad ones contracts/players they need to get rid of, like Blatche or Tyrus Thomas. I think Bargs is here for another year or two at least.

Comment

Tough evaluation of Bargnani's value ... Ariza and #10? Not even close.

Start talking about an Eric Gordon sign and trade, with other young talent like Xavier Henry.

Beyond that - regardless of what the article says, drafting Anthony Davis does NOT make you want to go and get a PF who will demand 35-40 minutes a night ... makes no sense to me.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

wait, why would NO want another starting PF?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bargs goes nowhere until Casey can determine whether the 13 weeks this past season was an aberration or not. If the Big Fella can provide that kind of play for 2012/2013, he is not going to be moved for less than a proven all-star. If he can't produce like he did then, he still might be kept with JV coming in and proving to be a significant defensive asset. Coming off the bench, AB could provide 20 points a night. And Amir and JV playing with Calderon or Nash could carve up other teams with pick and rolls, alley oops and spot up shooting (assuming Amir's slow-mo jumpshot continues to improve at the pace of last years improvement...Okay, wishful thinking that last bit.

Comment

rus wrote: View Post
            this from ESPN on draft lottery winners...
            New Orleans: Well, duh. Although it's unfortunate that Anthony Davis won't go to Brooklyn, depriving us of tabloid headlines like "BROWBEATEN!", he'll have a huge impact for a Hornets team that already plays pretty respectable team defense. With Davis, Gustavo Ayon, and Jason Smith, the Hornets have three quality bigs who can rotate between the 4 and 5; if they add a power forward who can space and score, they'll be lethal.

Bargs seems to fit that bill perfectly. So if BC trades Bargs, what do we need in return.

I'd say the 10 pick and Ariza (at 7million for two years).

Could we get more? less?

Does NO think Al-Farouq is ready to start? Would they consider this?
            Too little for Bargnani. Besides, NO does not need a PF. He seems to be in Casey's plans now.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
            X