Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: Jared Sullinger is the "best fit" for the Raptors

Not sure how much you want to trust a guy named Fran, but he says:

The Raptors could certainly use help at a number of spots, but I like them rebuilding their team with a front line that includes high-character Ohio State star Sullinger and 2011 first-round selection Jonas Valanciunas, the 6-11 Lithuanian 20-year-old who spent the past season playing in Europe.

Sullinger may not have the elite athleticism you'd want out of an NBA power forward, but he has always thrived on his toughness around the basket, his outstanding fundamentals and great basketball acumen. He drew an average of 6.1 fouls per 40 minutes this season and shoots a shade under 70 percent from the foul line. In a league full of undersized forwards, he'll get opponents in foul trouble.

Valanciunas, who dominated the Under-19 world championships last summer and who played well this season in EuroCup play, has some toughness of his own. His length and defensive potential at center will complement Sullinger's scoring and rebounding potential as well.

The two 20-year olds won't make the Raptors a playoff team, but it is a good start.

No way I'd go near a guy with 2 different length legs.

Comment

I am not sure why they feel he is a great fit, maybe if all our positions were locked up, but we have some holes to fill, and power forward is not one of them.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        I am not sure why they feel he is a great fit, maybe if all our positions were locked up, but we have some holes to fill, and power forward is not one of them.
        He feel he is a great fit because he knows nothing about the Raptors.

Comment

"Bargnani who?"
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'll be disappointed if we end up with a PF not named Thomas Robinson. If Sullinger is drafted I hope he or Ed or Amir are flipped right away for some more needed talent in the backcourt or SF. It would be insane to go into the season with such a logjam at PF.

Comment

We have too many Power forwards as it is, throw in James Johnson and Linas who play the 4 a bit in small ball and drafting a 4 is insane if there is not a trade on the table.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                BC wouldnt either.

This Fran lady is way off.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  BC wouldnt either.

This Fran lady is way off.
                  It's a dude, LOL.

Comment

Baller

Hey raps republic community! I'd agree sully is not the type of player I'd go for but I do see him going to GSW… they got clay Thompson as a small fwd curry point. I think they'll go with either lamb or sully. I think Barnes could drop to us … and we'll have to pick him if he drops just as Ed Davis dropped!

Comment

ESPN has some good writers and some that just type their articles without any research, thought or preparation. This one would be the latter......
                      With regards to the draft,
                      I like Ford,
                      I dislike Thorpe and Fran
                      Gottieb seems to be a free thinker, I'm not sure on him yet....

Truth is in sports management, if they truly knew what they were talking about and doing, they'd have jobs in the league

Comment

Yes...the Raptors need a Power Forward and those Canadiana's also need to get over that socialized health care thingy they do up there. Ahem, boy that can't be good because it takes three weeks in a waiting room before people will be seen for an amputation...

Yeah, lets listen to this guy.

Comment

Toooo many Pf's! i know people are high on lillard or lamb or beal, but what about Austin Rivers? he could be that scorer we need off the bench, he might even turn into a decent pg......maybe not, but he could be barbosa. then we can gt rid of bayless who has not lived up to his potential.

Comment

rus wrote: View Post
                            Truth is in sports management, if they truly knew what they were talking about and doing, they'd have jobs in the league
                            Not really. Most NBA executives got to their current positions through connections or extensive experience in the league (e.g. as a player).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Oden alert.

Comment

Working...
                              X