View Poll Results: What is your #1 concern with trading for Rudy Gay?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • His fit with the Raptors

3 8.33%
  • His talent and ability (or lack thereof)

1 2.78%
  • His contract

8 22.22%
  • Assets required to get him

24 66.67%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The case for Rudy Gay to the Raptors: Heisley speaks to rumours (277)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the chances that if we include DD, the pick and other pieces, but we also recieve Mayo as a S&T?

Calderon
    Mayo
    Gay
    Bargs
    Val

That seems really solid to me.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can keep Derozan when trading for Gay (JJ/Kleiza & #8 and Jose) then I would look at (Houston loses out on PGasol who they wanted for a long time) trading Bargnani to Houston for KLowry. I would really prefer to keep JJ as well(Gay-JJ would be an awesome rotation at SF IMO and options for small ball too). It is unlikely if keeping Derozan though.

PG: KLowry, SMachado , Uzoh?
    SG: DD, Jenkins/DLamb, GForbes
    SF: RGay, Kleiza/JJ, AAnderson
    PF: Amir, ED
    C: JVal, AGray, Alabi/Magloire

We would then also have the TPE, the mid level to go with.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

If we would have to give up Derozan, and JJ in the trade for Gay we would conceivably get back the 25 and keep Jose. Bargnani still out the door and feed on the NOLA report that they give up their #10 for someone taking Ariza or Okafors contract then an expensive but experienced backup SF (using the Barbosa TPE) with Ariza and the pick to allow us TRoss, JLamb etc.

PG: KLowry, JCalderon, SMachado
    SG: TRoss, GForbes
    SF: RGay, TAriza, LKleiza
    PF: Amir, ED, Kleiza
    C: JVal, AGray, SAlabi/Magloire

With JCalderon as an expiring trade chip.

Post Thanks / Like

Oof that'd be amazing

Raptors Republic Rookie OntheGo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Demar + Pick + cap relief is WAY TO MUCH for someone who's earning franchise player $$$'s w/o franchise player production. let's remember, Memphis is the one shopping Gay for financial relief, so why bail them out by giving them multiple assets along with cap relief? the most I offer is Demar or ed or pick + Kleiza + Jose....

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Ford seems to think we will package the pick with Calderon or someone else for an "elite wing" seems like he's on the same page...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44099

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OntheGo wrote: View Post
    Demar + Pick + cap relief is WAY TO MUCH for someone who's earning franchise player $$$'s w/o franchise player production. let's remember, Memphis is the one shopping Gay for financial relief, so why bail them out by giving them multiple assets along with cap relief? the most I offer is Demar or ed or pick + Kleiza + Jose....
    they wont want jose. they want less salary. but i agree that demar is to much to add.
    this pick, 2014s pick, ed and filler is what i like. but none of us get to make the decision. i just hope it isn't stupid if it goes down. we have to pay more for people to come here not trade more.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

RAPTORS GOING SHOPPING

Itís no secret the Raptors are aggressively shopping for a talent upgrade at guard or small forward.

Memphis small forward Rudy Gay and Philadelphia swingman Andre Iguodala have long topped the wish list of the club and ESPN put fuel on the fire on Wednesday by reiterating as much.

However, according to sources, the report that the Raptors have been trying to package a young player like Ed Davis with the No. 8 selection and a veteran (Jose Calderon or Andrea Bargnani, according to the report) is not entirely accurate.

The Raptors are not inclined to both solve the salary cap problems of a team like Memphis by taking on Gay as well as surrendering that significant a package of assets and have let that be known.

The price would likely have to come down for Toronto to agree to a deal.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/06...ures-on-lebron
    Sweet.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sweet.
    great. that's the way it should be. we are not that desperate.

Post Thanks / Like

nice. ESPN was making it seem like the raps were willing to sell the farm.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hello wrote: View Post
    What are the chances that if we include DD, the pick and other pieces, but we also recieve Mayo as a S&T?

Calderon
    Mayo
    Gay
    Bargs
    Val

That seems really solid to me.
    This is the best scenario I've read so far (if you replace Calderon with Nash )
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This is the best scenario I've read so far (if you replace Calderon with Nash )
    I like this:

Nash
    Ariza
    Gay
    Bargnani
    JV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OntheGo wrote: View Post
    The Raptors aren't the only team with Gay on their radar. Our goal isn't to "bail out" Memphis. It's to submit an offer that's better than anyone else's offer.

Regardless of what some people think of Gay's contract, he's still a desireable asset.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

There isn't enough basketball to go around for Bargnani, Gay and Ariza. Ariza is a chucker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    There isn't enough basketball to go around for Bargnani, Gay and Ariza. Ariza is a chucker.
    He played with Gasol and Kobe. I think he'd be alright.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sweet.
    The only concern is that another team outbids us in the Gay sweepstakes. Depending on how badly Colangelo covets Gay, he'll have no choice but to up his offer.

Post Thanks / Like

The only concern is that another team outbids us in the Gay sweepstakes. Depending on how badly Colangelo covets Gay, he'll have no choice but to up his offer.
    Gay's contract is gigantic. I don't think the Raptors should bend over backwards to take that huge deal of the Grizzlies hands. If some team wants to sell the farm to take on that big contract it's better off not being the Raptors. There are other options out there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

As for Iguodala, his stats have been declining steadily lately, but I wonder how much of that is a result of the system. With players like Holiday and Williams (and a healthy Brand), there is less of a scoring burdern on Iggy's shoulders these days. Does that mean he can't score anymore....somehow, I doubt that.

Having said that, I'd still think that Gay is the only player I would move the 8th pick for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Gay's contract is gigantic. I don't think the Raptors should bend over backwards to take that huge deal of the Grizzlies hands. If some team wants to sell the farm to take on that big contract it's better off not being the Raptors. There are other options out there as well.
    It is a fat contract, but in the grand scheme of things, 3 years doesn't seem like a commitment we'll regret. Just my opinion.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Iguodala, his stats have been declining steadily lately, but I wonder how much of that is a result of the system. With players like Holiday and Williams (and a healthy Brand), there is less of a scoring burdern on Iggy's shoulders these days. Does that mean he can't score anymore....somehow, I doubt that.

Having said that, I'd still think that Gay is the only player I would move the 8th pick for.

I think quite a bit of it has to do with the system (on Iggy). His points are down, but his FG% went up, so he's not becoming less efficient. And for some reason his FT% dropped drastically, which affects his ppg

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information