Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case for Rudy Gay to the Raptors: Heisley speaks to rumours (277)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    completely agree
    Bargs 1a
    Gay 1b
    DD 2nd option
    looks acceptable to me

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I read a comment by a Memphis fan who said keep Ed Davis and include DeRozan. The rationale was they could resign Speights and Arthur (so they were set at 4/5) but they need help on the wings.

I would trade DeRozan to get Gay but I'd want #25 in return and the trade/free agent search immediately turns to SGs.
      I think we've been a few days ahead of the rumor mill on this one! Haha wouldn't it be cool if RR got a trade right!

DD, Davis, #8 --> for Gay, #25

Lots of options from there!

Comment

• Gay would be a great fit on this team. I agree Gay and Bargnani would be the go to guys on offence with Jonas and DeMar (if he is not included in the trade) chipping in. We would be a playoff team if this move can get done.

I doubt it will happen though.
        Last edited by saints91; Wed Jun 6, 2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• The Raps have their Gaydar on! But I would not include DD in the trade, he has too much potential for us to give up right now.

Comment

• Here is my crazy plan, if I'm BC

1) DD, JJ, Calderon, #8 (3-way trade) for Gay, #25
            2) offer #25 to a team to take Amir
            3) make $8-10M offer to Batum
            4) sign Nash to 3/$30M contract
            5) use TPE to get Ariza and #10 from NO (per the rumor)
            6) draft PG (Lillard or Marshall) or SG (Lamb) at #10
            7) use MLE to sign whichever position isn't got at 6)
            8) use Vet min to re-sign Gray
            9) re-sign Uzoh to min contract

LINEUP
            C: Valanciunas, Gray
            PF: Bargnani, Davis, Kleiza
            SF: Gay, Ariza, Kleiza
            SG: Batum, ???, Forbes
            PG: Nash, ???, Uzoh

Comment

• How bout this:

Calderon + Kleiza + 2nd rounder from indiana + 8th pick for Rudy gay

They get a good pass first veteran backup PG and they get a backup SF would can also hit the three ball. With the 8th pick they can grab someone to be a part of their core.

Then we resign Bayless, sign nash and draft the machado kid. Our team looks like this:

Nash/Bayless/Machado
              DeMar/Forbes
              Gay/JJ
              Bargnani/Amir/Ed
              JV/Gray/Magloire
              Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Wed Jun 6, 2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I would trade DeRozan to get Gay but I'd want #25 in return and the trade/free agent search immediately turns to SGs.
                Yep.

I don't think Memphis is as high on Mayo as everyone thinks, either. What with all his "I want to start" and "I want to play PG" comments.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm not saying "let's get Mayo!" I'm just saying I have a feeling DeMar is as good as gone if this trade goes trough.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Am I the only one that wonders how Gay and Bargs would play together? Seems like a odd fit.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      Am I the only one that wonders how Gay and Bargs would play together? Seems like a odd fit.
                      it would be deadly

Comment

• What are the chances that if we include DD, the pick and other pieces, but we also recieve Mayo as a S&T?

Calderon
                        Mayo
                        Gay
                        Bargs
                        Val

That seems really solid to me.

Comment

• If we can keep Derozan when trading for Gay (JJ/Kleiza & #8 and Jose) then I would look at (Houston loses out on PGasol who they wanted for a long time) trading Bargnani to Houston for KLowry. I would really prefer to keep JJ as well(Gay-JJ would be an awesome rotation at SF IMO and options for small ball too). It is unlikely if keeping Derozan though.

PG: KLowry, SMachado , Uzoh?
                          SG: DD, Jenkins/DLamb, GForbes
                          SF: RGay, Kleiza/JJ, AAnderson
                          PF: Amir, ED
                          C: JVal, AGray, Alabi/Magloire

We would then also have the TPE, the mid level to go with.

Comment

• If we would have to give up Derozan, and JJ in the trade for Gay we would conceivably get back the 25 and keep Jose. Bargnani still out the door and feed on the NOLA report that they give up their #10 for someone taking Ariza or Okafors contract then an expensive but experienced backup SF (using the Barbosa TPE) with Ariza and the pick to allow us TRoss, JLamb etc.

PG: KLowry, JCalderon, SMachado
                            SG: TRoss, GForbes
                            SF: RGay, TAriza, LKleiza
                            PF: Amir, ED, Kleiza
                            C: JVal, AGray, SAlabi/Magloire

With JCalderon as an expiring trade chip.

Comment

• Oof that'd be amazing
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Demar + Pick + cap relief is WAY TO MUCH for someone who's earning franchise player $$$'s w/o franchise player production. let's remember, Memphis is the one shopping Gay for financial relief, so why bail them out by giving them multiple assets along with cap relief? the most I offer is Demar or ed or pick + Kleiza + Jose....

Comment

Working...
                                X