Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DeRozan officially invited to Team USA national training camp/Year 3 highlight mix

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeRozan officially invited to Team USA national training camp/Year 3 highlight mix

His been invited to Team USA training camp BTW

Toronto Raptors @DeMar_DeRozan has been officially invited to the @usabasketball national team training camp. ( cc @Raptors ) #RTZ

https://twitter.com/#!/Mat_MacDonald
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon May 7th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DeRozan officially invited to Team USA national training camp

Mat MacDonald ‏ @Mat_MacDonald

Toronto Raptors @DeMar_DeRozan has been officially invited to the @usabasketball national team training camp. ( cc @Raptors ) #RTZ
    That is big news.

Also retweeted by the man himself.

Congrats, DeMar!

*Chr1st1anL beat me to it. This thread will be merged with Everything DeChosan in a day or two. Good news deserves its own thread.*
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon May 7th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow really didn't see this happening. Good stuff.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Demar Derozan Mixtape by GameEntertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHggB5drFlo

Don't know how to embed, but this video brought tears(literally) knowing we drafted this guy, when you watch this mix tape only, you would think he was a top 10 player, I know he doesn't do those moves often, or successfully, but watching this mix tape makes me realize that although his handle is shaky, he is still an excellent slasher, and his post game is picturesque for a SG, he is already pretty strong, but once he gets stronger and better positioning he could be a scary option, superstar or not, we have a really good player on our hands, hopefully he makes a huge jump in his development, Toronto deserves a guy like this.

Also props to GameEntertainment, excellent mix and makes me jealous of his video editing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow big news

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, what a baller! Huuuuuuuuuuge news

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My Main Man

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What a way to start the summer! Practicing with best players in the world. This exactly what DD needs to push him to the next level. I've always felt that DD has always had a lack of confidence at times. If he goes into this and does well. Even if he doesn't make the team or if he makes it and doesn't play a minute. He'll gain much needed experience and confidence. He'll know that he can play with theses guys and won't hesitate.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

kobe will teach him them dribbles

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Great news, hopefully he takes his practices with the USA team competitively(try hard) and work harder when he sees he needs to improve to make the 2016 or 2020 Olympics.

Post Thanks / Like

He has the chance to play for his nation this Summer, even though it'll be hard with Wade and Bryant at those positions, if he plays and works hard, he can earn it....

Notice how many of the players who have participated in Olympic games/camps etc. have become very, very good NBA players...

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jerry Colangelo!

But seriously, this is great new for DeMar/Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

BC definitely pulled some strings, but it'll be really good for Demar to go up against some of the best and see how they train/practice.

I know its just the practice squad and he hasn't made the team or anything but i expect there will be some backlash over this when a better player doesn't get to go.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    BC definitely pulled some strings, but it'll be really good for Demar to go up against some of the best and see how they train/practice.

I know its just the practice squad and he hasn't made the team or anything but i expect there will be some backlash over this when a better player doesn't get to go.
    I can't help but think this as well. I hope he comes back from camp with a new focus and skills on the defensive end... like Bosh did when he came back from his role on the USA team as a great defensive presence.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes DeMar. Maybe the camp will result in DeMar aspiring to be the best at his position. It should only help his growth.

Brian Colangelo. I don't know what you did but good for you, looking out for the Raps! lol
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand why DeRozan has been invited to team USA, unless they are planning to make some films/documentaries for how to not play. Or perhaps it's a way to sabotage the Raptors -- give DeRozan confidence in his current game, make him believe if he's good enough to play for his country, then he must be good enough period!

No reason to get better now DeMar.. you significantly regressed this year but no worries, you're on Team USA!
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...tors_olympics/

USA basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo told Bob McCown on Sportsnet 590 The Fan that DeRozan has been added to the men's select team that will train against the national team prior to the 2012 Olympics.

Seems that he has been selected not to try out for Team USA but instead to play against them. Although this should still be a pretty good learning curve for him.
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
    [

Seems that he has been selected not to try out for Team USA but instead to play against them. Although this should still be a pretty good learning curve for him.
    Got it. He's on the Washington Generals.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this makes alot more sense. Still, should be a better offseason experience than last years pickup games

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

For some perspective, Kapono was also once chosen to play against the USA National team.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information