Davis for back up point guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Ed Davis for Brandon Knight?

I was a Knight fan prior to the draft last season. Not sure if Detroit would do it, but we could use a backup guard, and Detroit could use a backup PF.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I was a Knight fan prior to the draft last season. Not sure if Detroit would do it, but we could use a backup guard, and Detroit could use a backup PF.
      I would love to do that deal, but if I dont think there is any chance detroit does. As far as I know they see Knight as part of there core and the pg for the future.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        Hes a strong slasher, decent double clutch layup, great tempo, needs to work on shooting but hes a PG so hes not bad at all for a backup. IQ not that good but will get better under Jose.
        Bayless is way better than him. Whats the point?

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
          That is very true, I just wanted to let you know why I did not initially include him.

Another thought, and I feel like I may get a lot of hate for this idea but I wanted to hear your opinions on it.
          I dont have any kind of link to it, but I read somewhere that Dallas was very high on Lamb and are looking to trade up.
          They dont have very much we would want but this might make some sense.

To Dallas
          #8 pick

To Toronto
          #17 pick
          Roddy Beaubois
          Cash considerations

Hearing most of the names people are talking about, (T. jones, Dion Waiters, Terrence Ross, Moe Harkless) are all projected to go around #17, but people think they are going to rise. If they dont, we can take one of them here, and if they all do rise, many other players will fall. We still have a lot of players to choose from since its a really deep draft, and we aquire a young pg with potential to start, or at least be a serviceable back-up. The cash, or perhaps a future pick, is just a bit more incentive.

I would rather trade Davis for a back-up point guard like I suggested, but if he is used and the pick is not, this is another option we should consider.
          Roddy has lost some serious lustre. He barely played at the end of the year and through the playoffs.

I would not to that trade.

Comment

This was a joke right, or are we throwing in the #8 pick as well?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              This was a joke right, or are we throwing in the #8 pick as well?
              There is no indication that they would. But it may not be totally out of the question.

I had read an article about the Piston's possibly trading Knight last year:
              http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/2...brandon-knight

Of course the article is implying that they would only give up Knight if they traded one of their horrible contracts with him like Gordon or Charlie V... but some fans were not to pleased with his development. They want someone who could step in right away.

Most mock drafts are suggesting that Detroit pick a PF like Henson or Sullinger. I think Ed could be better than both, especially since he has been in the league for 2 years now. And if I recall Detroit fancied Ed in the 2010 draft.

If they get Ed, they could then draft another PG like Lillard who would probably be able to step in right away and not have to wait for Knight to develop.

Comment

There is no indication that they would. But it may not be totally out of the question.

I had read an article about the Piston's possibly trading Knight last year:
                http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2012/2...brandon-knight

Of course the article is implying that they would only give up Knight if they traded one of their horrible contracts with him like Gordon or Charlie V... but some fans were not to pleased with his development. They want someone who could step in right away.

Most mock drafts are suggesting that Detroit pick a PF like Henson or Sullinger. I think Ed could be better than both, especially since he has been in the league for 2 years now. And if I recall Detroit fancied Ed in the 2010 draft.

If they get Ed, they could then draft another PG like Lillard who would probably be able to step in right away and not have to wait for Knight to develop.
                Detroit needs a center to pair with Greg Monroe, not another 5. people need to realize that Knight only turned 20 in December, he is still a kid. I can't see Detroit bailing on him at all, they have some problem contracts, but Knight is a keeper for sure.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ed Davis for E.Bledsoe
                  We sign Nash or J.Lin (No Lowry)
                  We trade Calderon + JJ Johnson + 8th pick for a veteran SF (possibly N.Batum) and their later pick (We can acquire Waiters or Moe Harkless)
                  We shift Bayless to SG (he's a 2 guard in this league), heck he may even be better than DeRozan given starter minutes

Nash/Bledsoe/2nd round (Machado, T.Taylor)
                  DeRozan/Bayless/veteran SG (Jason Terry, Vince Carter, Ray Allen)
                  N.Batum/Harkless/Forbes
                  Bargnani/Amir/Kleiza/2nd round (Quincy Acy, Robert Sacre, Miles Plumlee)
                  Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire

Comment

I liked this part of the trade.

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    Ed Davis for E.Bledsoe
                    Then you lost me...

Comment

Working...
                    X