Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should the Raptors target as their SF next season?: Raps eye AI/Gay (36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YYZ wrote: View Post
    I think DD would have to be in any trade, because the team we are trading with would want Value back, whether it be Memphis or Philadelphia.

I'm alright with Demar going too if it means Iguodala/Gay coming back. Fields is a better SG than he is a SF. We'd have top defence and rebounding at positions 1-2-3

Comment

• TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
      I'm alright with Demar going too if it means Iguodala/Gay coming back. Fields is a better SG than he is a SF. We'd have top defence and rebounding at positions 1-2-3
      I agree. My preference would be to acquire a player like Iggy AND keep DeRozan, but I would giveup DD if I had to. I assume Calderon and Amir/Davis would also be leaving, either as part of an Iggy trade (for example) or a related trade (to clear cap space ahead of an Iggy trade). A backup PG to replace Calderon would need to be acquired, either in the Iggy trade, a related trade or via free agency.

The wing rotation would be left looking like this, which I think is pretty strong:
      SF: Iguodala, Kleiza
      SG: Fields, Ross

In this scenario, adding another cheap veteran wing (ie: bringing back Anderson) wouldn't be bad, for times when the Raps want to go small on their 2nd unit with Amir/Davis @ C, Kleiza @ PF, Anderson (or other similar 5th wing) @ SF, Ross @ SG and ??? @ PG.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I agree. My preference would be to acquire a player like Iggy AND keep DeRozan, but I would giveup DD if I had to. I assume Calderon and Amir/Davis would also be leaving, either as part of an Iggy trade (for example) or a related trade (to clear cap space ahead of an Iggy trade). A backup PG to replace Calderon would need to be acquired, either in the Iggy trade, a related trade or via free agency.

The wing rotation would be left looking like this, which I think is pretty strong:
        SF: Iguodala, Kleiza
        SG: Fields, Ross

In this scenario, adding another cheap veteran wing (ie: bringing back Anderson) wouldn't be bad, for times when the Raps want to go small on their 2nd unit with Amir/Davis @ C, Kleiza @ PF, Anderson (or other similar 5th wing) @ SF, Ross @ SG and ??? @ PG.
        With Lucas signed and the drafting of Ross, Acy. This may be closer to being done then we think
        @RavNation

Comment

• 53% of fans got their wish!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            53% of fans got their wish!

The poll suggestion was "Trade for Rudy Gay."

I guess RR citizens wanted to trade Kleiza and a bag of balls and didn't like trading an expiring contract and a bench player. (Who, I will acknowledge, has turned into a 10 and 7 guy this year, as opposed to his career stats of 8 and 7).

Comment

Working...
            X