2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 2nd Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 2nd Overall Pick

Raptors Republic voted (in a no-brainer move, mind you), Anthony Davis as the #1 pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft.
    Now it gets interesting from here. The Charlotte Bobcats on the clock. Which way will they go? They were able to snag both Bismack Biyombo and NCAA champ and hero, Kemba Walker in last year's draft - both were RR darlings to a lot of people. The Cats are in a mess and can go in a lot of directions.

Raptors Republic, who do you think the Charlotte Bobcats will take with the #2 pick in the 2012 NBA Draft?
    Thomas Robinson, PF, Kansas
    31.11%
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, SF, Kentucky
    46.67%
    Bradley Beal, SG, Florida
    11.11%
    Harrison Barnes, SF, North Carolina
    8.89%
    Andre Drummond, PF/C, Connecticut
    2.22%
    Perry Jones, SF/PF, Baylor
    0.00%
    Damian Lillard, PG, Weber State
    0.00%
    Jeremy Lamb, SG, Connecticut
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Jun 6, 2012, 07:22 PM.

Beal or MKG are the obvious options, but I think Barnes could be a wild card here if he has really strong workouts, especially with the UNC connection with Jordan. Biyombo is the defensive anchor, Walker is the PG, so Barnes could be their scorer. If MKG shoots well enough, I think he will be the pick, but Barnes could be this year's shocker.

Comment

I think they go with Robinson, there is a boat load of 2's and 3's projected in next years first round, they don't need to reach for one at #2 this year.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Robinson.

Comment

Mkg.

Comment

Charlotte had a guy like Wallace and gave him up. I don't see them going for MKG when his ceiling is Wallace. I'm voting Robinson.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Charlotte had a guy like Wallace and gave him up. I don't see them going for MKG when his ceiling is Wallace. I'm voting Robinson.
              mkg. only traded wallace for monetary reasons.

Comment

Robinson. Tyrus can become his extremely expensive backup..

Comment

MKG. no one MJ flops on another unproven big

Comment

I feel like Beal, MKG, and Robinson are the best options, but I dont think they will take Beal until they see exactly what Walker can do. Two young guards in a back court, especially two focused on scoring does not seem like a great way go go.

As great of a motor Robinson has, I just dont see as much room to grow as most people do. Also I am not sure how well a combo of Robinson and Bismack would work.

I see MKG as the best fit for this year, until they can really see what would work well with Walker and Biyombo.

Comment

I voted for Beal. I think MKG is to raw offensively to take with the second selection. They do have Henderson, but I think if Beal does well in work outs the Hall of Fame SG will not pass this guy up.

I would be very surprised if they took Drummond, Jordan probably still has shell shock from the Kwame pick.

I agree Robinson would also be a good pick.

Comment

MKG.

Team desperately needs a culture change.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Voted MKG. He has a high ceiling, Charlotte probably shouldn't pass on it

Comment

Robinson ... With Biyombo as the C of the future, they NEED some balance - and TRob has nice offensive skills.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Robinson or Barnes Drummond is also possible
                              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                              X