X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte Looking to Move #2 Pick

I saw this today.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/combine-no...k-on-the-move1

It says that Charlotte might be looking to unload the #2 pick. I am assuming whatever move they make would include getting rid of Tyrus Thomas and his close to $27 million in salary over the next three years.

I am probably in the minority here, but I would make an offer of our pick and either Amir or Linus for #2 and Tyrus.

I really believe that selecting MKG second is worth it. I really think Casey would do wonders with a fellow Kentucky Wildcat with elite D and heart to spare.

In terms of changing the culture in Toronto we could bring in two warrior rookies next year who would be our identity moving forward. The Tyrus Thomas albatross is a steep price though. At best Casey could at least partly salvage him. At worst he stays nailed to the bench. ... admittedly a pretty big worst.

If the 'Cats would take on Amir it wouldn't kill our salary too much. Amir is owed $19.5 over the next three years as well, so the extra salary obligation only amounts to $7.5 million.

...okay... let me have it.

I haven't heard anything about the Cats wanting to dump salary.

If they're dealing that #2 pick, it's for a star/borderline star, not for someone like Amir.

Comment

Ed Davis plus our number 8? Is Oakley still at Charlotte? Maybe he want's his pall's son? But in any case, I don't think I prefer Thomas + MKG over Davis + Lillard.

Comment

Waiters already our pick?

Woah woah woah. Just read that link you posted, the bottom bullet point states :

• Dion Waiters has pulled out of all workouts and interviews, which means he likely has a promise from a team in the top ten. Waiters’ stock has increased rapidly in recent weeks. League sources speculate that the Toronto Raptors have given him a promise at #8.
        This is news to me. Can someone help me out here? I thought BC said the pick was probably going to be moved. Weird how the speculation is now that we promised him #8.

EDIT:

I got it now. I guess I was a few days behind on draft talk.
        Last edited by Red and White; Sun Jun 10, 2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I think Charlotte will find better teams for this trade then us, and I think we can find better options then Charlotte. I would not deal with them for the pick and Thomas.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
            Woah woah woah. Just read that link you posted, the bottom bullet point states :

This is news to me. Can someone help me out here? I thought BC said the pick was probably going to be moved. Weird how the speculation is now that we promised him #8.
            Go back a few pages in the draft thread. It is all addressed there.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              I haven't heard anything about the Cats wanting to dump salary.

If they're dealing that #2 pick, it's for a star/borderline star, not for someone like Amir.
              I read on HoopsHype.com in the last couple of days that any deal involving #2 would have to include Diop or Thomas.

Also read that Charlotte was asking the world for the pick.

Comment

The response from BC, to that topic, was tat he had nothing to do with that and we ARE NOT the team that promised him. Read yesterday's Doug Smith article in the Toronto star.
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

The response from BC, to that topic, was that he had nothing to do with that and we ARE NOT the team that promised him. Read yesterday's Doug Smith article in the Toronto star.
                  The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                  Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                  www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                  http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

for the #2 pick you would have to move barg plus the number #8

Comment

Well then!
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Haha...and a new southern star is born...Bubba "Grits" Bargnani

Comment

I would offer Ed Davis + JJ Johnson + Bayless + 8th pick for Gerald Henderson + 2nd pick

We draft MKG with our 2nd pick and sign Nash and call it a season

Nash/Calderon/2nd round pick
                          DeRozan/Henderson/Forbes
                          MKG/Kleiza/2nd round pick
                          Bargs/Amir/FA
                          Valanciunas/Gray/Magloire

Comment

I think you'd have to get NOLA's pick and throw both of them along with Bayless or Davis or maybe both to get the number two.

Which I'm not against. Although, I think it might be better to go after a player already in the nba.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I realize Gay is proven (proven what exactly is the debate) but if sincerely doubt MKG or Beal are going to be stars in the next few years (when big Val does too!) you're pretty delusional.

If you honestly think Casey watches tape of MKG and feels nothing stirring in his pants you haven't been paying attention.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X