No announcement yet.

Best and worst post-draft interview by a Raptor draftee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well even if his English isn't the best it won't really matter because after being completely immersed in North America, he'll be a poet before you know it.

Yep, I said it.

Comment

AJ360 wrote: View Post
      Well even if his English isn't the best it won't really matter because after being completely immersed in North America, he'll be a poet before you know it.

Yep, I said it.
      Bargnani took a few years. Part of the reason Jorge was brought over was to be a buffer. Maybe Jonas catches on faster but I clearly remember reading the communication was a problem at times early on in games and practices.

Comment

He'll be fine. Some of the pieces that were shown this past season from when the trainer Alex and Gherardhini visited with him showed that he was much more comfortable. If Kleiza is still around he will show him the ropes including I am sure some of the Lithuanian expat lasses in TO who will be dogging him I am sure.

Comment

Linas will teach him how to speak. I like Lk's accent it sounds pretty badass

Comment

Good point here. LK can be his "Jorge". It gives LK a little added value.

Comment

All I gotta say is "...got stacks like Jonas Valanciunas". No other Raptor has had a rap song about them before they even came in to the league. That makes up for his poor interview.

Comment

Well we have a song for the entire team made by that group of Asian dudes. I posted it up a while back, it's called game time

Comment

I think the name of the group was drunken fists or something

Comment

Yeah, I think Kleiza will be a huge asset for JV. The kid just turned 20, and has to leave his homeland to work in a completely different country, on the other side of the ocean. The presence of a fellow national team player is invaluable, which is why I would hate for LK to get traded. He also has some onions & he's not scared to take ballsy shots.

Of course I'm referring to LK as a backup 3.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I think Kleiza will be a huge asset for JV. The kid just turned 20, and has to leave his homeland to work in a completely different country, on the other side of the ocean. The presence of a fellow national team player is invaluable, which is why I would hate for LK to get traded. He also has some onions & he's not scared to take ballsy shots.

Of course I'm referring to LK as a backup 3.
                      I've seen some guys here saying that this is bull crap. However, I completely disagree with them. I think having LK here next season is absolutely crucial for Jonas. JV is still relatively shy as a person off the court, which might really be a big factor next season coming in as a rookie to completely other side of the world. I would really love LK transfering some of his swagger and confidence into JV during the next season.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                        I've seen some guys here saying that this is bull crap. However, I completely disagree with them. I think having LK here next season is absolutely crucial for Jonas. JV is still relatively shy as a person off the court, which might really be a big factor next season coming in as a rookie to completely other side of the world. I would really love LK transfering some of his swagger and confidence into JV during the next season.
                        It's a good idea in theory, but do we know if Kleiza would embrace this responsibility?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          It's a good idea in theory, but do we know if Kleiza would embrace this responsibility?
                          I'm sure he would. Lithuanians in general are very close, as I've read and seen interviews and footage from national team training camp, Linas and Jonas already seem to be great buddies.

Comment

let's talk pre-draft interviews. the jeremy lamb interview posted on the the raptors website was discouraging. he sounded pretty disinterested about playing for toronto.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                              let's talk pre-draft interviews. the jeremy lamb interview posted on the the raptors website was discouraging. he sounded pretty disinterested about playing for toronto.
                              It could simply be his demeanor. You could give Lamb a handfull of fireworks, candy, video games and puppies, and he'd still have a sleepy, emotionless expression.

Comment

ya nilanka is right. Lamb looks like he just got up from hibernation or sumthin

Comment

Working...
                                X