No announcement yet.

2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 6th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sake of this particular mock draft, the obvious pick is Beal. But I think Drummond ends up in Portland too.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

IMO, no way Barnes, Drummond or Lillard is drafted ahead of Beal. Probably not Robinson either, but if Beal is some how available at 6, there's no way they take anybody else. I guess he'll fall no lower than 4, along with Davis, MKG and Robinson, he'll probably be drafted at 2 or 3.

Comment

I'm praying that Barnes, Drummond and Perry Jones don't fall past 7, because I want Lillard, and if they do fall then there is a good chance that Lillard is already taken, or that he's there but we pass on him to grab one of these guys because they where rated higher and fell to us. I think Lillard will be better than those guys, and along with Davis, MKG and Beal, one of the best players from this draft. So I hope he doesn't go sixth

Comment

shouldn't we be on to 7 now?

Comment

Lillard...because of need (pg) and the diff. in capability between he and Beal is not much imo.

Sigh.

Comment

how long do these go on for? a week?
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Until MangoKid wakes up from his mango-juice induced inebriation.

Comment

To those wondering why there was a lapse in selections, there was a sudden passing in my family this week, so my apologies to those I offended by not being on top of this.

With the 6th Pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the Portland Trail Blazers select.....

BRADLEY BEAL, SG, FLORIDA

2011-12 NCAA Statistics

PPG: 14.6
                  RPG: 6.5
                  SPG: 1.4

Positives
                  •Amazing shooter
                  •Deep range on his jumper
                  •Clutch shooter, fearless
                  •Terrific rebounder for a guard
                  •High basketball IQ
                  •Good athlete, NBA body
                  •Good ball handler
                  •Can play the point
                  •Good defender

Negatives
                  •Undersized for the two guard position
                  •May be a bit of a tweener

Analysis, as per ESPN scouts

Very few prospects can struggle the way Beal did during much of his freshman season and, with a handful of great games, bounce right back to where he initially was projected to be. When people expect you to be great, they'll also look for any signs that point in that direction.

The last player I can remember having the same effect was Derrick Rose in 2008 (though Harrison Barnes came close toward the end of his freshman season).

While Beal has never slipped below No. 5 on our Big Board, suddenly he was in everyone's top five.

Are the expectations getting out of control again? I doubt it after watching Beal in a workout in Chicago on Tuesday.

Beal looks confident again. He showed off that picture-perfect jump shot from everywhere on the floor. This time it didn't just look good leaving his hands, it was going in at a clip of about 85 percent from everywhere on the floor.

He has an NBA body, is an excellent athlete and is working hard on improving his handle so that he can be more of a combo guard at the next level. More importantly, he said he's learned his lesson.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    To those wondering why there was a lapse in selections, there was a sudden passing in my family this week, so my apologies to those I offended by not being on top of this.

With the 6th Pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the Portland Trail Blazers select.....

BRADLEY BEAL, SG, FLORIDA

2011-12 NCAA Statistics

PPG: 14.6
                    RPG: 6.5
                    SPG: 1.4

Positives
                    •Amazing shooter
                    •Deep range on his jumper
                    •Clutch shooter, fearless
                    •Terrific rebounder for a guard
                    •High basketball IQ
                    •Good athlete, NBA body
                    •Good ball handler
                    •Can play the point
                    •Good defender

Negatives
                    •Undersized for the two guard position
                    •May be a bit of a tweener

Analysis, as per ESPN scouts
                    If Portland does take Lillard though, there is a good chance of Beal dropping to us, because of GS needs to address their thing stringed front-court.

IMO, this would be a nice fit. And with their 11th pick, they can pick up Kendall Marshall to also address their point guard needs. Thus allowing us to draft Lillard!
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                    X