View Poll Results: Would you trade #8 and Jose, for Luol Deng and #29?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sign me up

12 23.53%
  • No, not interested

39 76.47%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

In case you missed Chad Ford's latest chat, he answers a questions about the Bulls getting into the top 10:

There are rumblings from several local reporters that the Bulls may be looking to move into the Top 10. Have you heard anything to that extent?

Chad Ford
    Only way I could really see that happening is if the Raptors settled for Luol Deng there. A deal of Deng and No. 29 for Calderon and No. 8 might work for both sides.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44193

It was a surprising choice of words to see Ford say if the Raps "settled" for Deng ... must be in reference to their alleged pursuit of Gay, Iguodala, etc.

There is definitely some sense to what he suggested in that Jose deal. The Bulls are looking for an upgrade for this season, which Jose could offer ... and also provides a big expiring deal for Rose to slide back into his lead role, and the Bulls to maybe have some money for shopping - or at least avoid luxury tax.

Maybe #8 for them would be someone like Austin Rivers, to score alongside Rose - who knows.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chad Ford - Luol Deng to Raps with 29th pick - for Calderon and the 8th

I saw this posted by RR...did some research....basically Chad Ford was just spit balling if you read the qoute in context. He was asked how the Bulls could move down in the draft, and gave that answer.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Bah. He'll be missing at the beginning of year if he has wrist surgery which is being put off for the Olympics. Besides...

Post Thanks / Like

not worth it...

Post Thanks / Like

no effing way

Post Thanks / Like

not in a million years

Post Thanks / Like

not in a million trillion years

Post Thanks / Like

no way

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about a million trillion plus infinity?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What about a million trillion plus infinity?
    I'd do that deal

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NO, even if he would be healthy at the start of the season. Only one Bayless at PG, are you kidding me? Deng is at the same level like Jose, and Jose is expiring contract, we give them 8 pick for 29...
    (Sorry for poor English )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    NO, even if he would be healthy at the start of the season. Only one Bayless at PG, are you kidding me? Deng is at the same level like Jose, and Jose is expiring contract, we give them 8 pick for 29...
    For the sake of argument, trading Calderon does not mean that Bayless is our PG. There would be other moves made in addition to this hypothetical trade.

But in general, I agree that this move doesn't help the Raptors.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

That trade would be a steal for the Bulls. The PG position is a severe need for the Bulls. This and Jose's capability/value which I believe is maybe just below Deng's if not equal to makes the rest of the deal a swap of #8 and #29. We also get the pleasure of absorbing 2 (not so cheap) years of Deng's contract as opposed to the 1 expiring and more absorbable one of Jose's.

I'll drive BC to the airport.

Chad F.should really stop brain farting in public forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    For the sake of argument, trading Calderon does not mean that Bayless is our PG. There would be other moves made in addition to this hypothetical trade.

But in general, I agree that this move doesn't help the Raptors.
    How doesn't having an all star ace wing defender in the prime of his career help the Raptors?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    How doesn't having an all star ace wing defender in the prime of his career help the Raptors?
    The Raptors' runs a flex offense that's heavily reliant on the UCLA cut. It doesn't allow for much spontaneity in plays.

Luol Deng, however, thrives in a system where he can exploit his many talents at will: driving to the basket, posting up, spotting. That being said, I don't think he'll be able to replicate his success in Chicago here due to our rigid offense.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, a semblance of sanity has appeared in this thread. Thank you, good sir. I would make this trade in a HEARTBEAT, and I think Casey would have multiple orgasms if BC pulled the trigger. But, that being said, I don't have a clue about the severity of Deng's injury nor his prognosis. My feelings are based solely on Deng pre-surgery.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing personal about Deng and his allstar selection. He was a Reserve All Star (whatever that means) and his coach Thibodeau was the coach of the East team. He "beat out" Josh Smith for that spot which says something about the selection process. Would you rather have Deng over J Smith? Like I said this supposed deal is an exchange of the 8th pick for the 29th which is worse or just as bad as an exchange of Josh Smith for Luol Deng. Hollinger says that Deng was 53rd in PER and had missed 25% of the Bulls games at that point. Even Deng for Jose straight up is uneven because of the contracts/no. of years. And the man is going to have his wrist operated on to boot.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how doesn't having an all star ace wing defender in the prime of his career help the raptors?
    x 1,000,000
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Deng can defend slightly better than JJ, and can hit shots when he's open...that's about it. Is that worth giving up a lotto pick for? Hell nawww!

We still have nobody to give the ball to in crunch time.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto trade Calderon + Davis + 8th pick + Barbosa TPE for Deng + Noah

We are not just getting Deng, we are getting Noah too according to a source rumor.

Then we sign Nash and bring back Vinsanity

Nash/Bayless/2nd round pick (Scot Machado)
    DeRozan/Vince/Forbes
    Deng/JJ Johnson/Kleiza
    Bargs/Amir/2nd round pick (Quincy Acy)
    Noah/Val/Magloire

This look like a solid starting lineups and our backups aren't that bad.

I think Nash will make DeRozan, Deng, Bargs, and Noah better. Personally, if i we can get Noah, i would second this trade with Deng. Noah will start while let Val develops his game in a year or two.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information