Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

In case you missed Chad Ford's latest chat, he answers a questions about the Bulls getting into the top 10:

There are rumblings from several local reporters that the Bulls may be looking to move into the Top 10. Have you heard anything to that extent?

Chad Ford
    Only way I could really see that happening is if the Raptors settled for Luol Deng there. A deal of Deng and No. 29 for Calderon and No. 8 might work for both sides.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44193

It was a surprising choice of words to see Ford say if the Raps "settled" for Deng ... must be in reference to their alleged pursuit of Gay, Iguodala, etc.

There is definitely some sense to what he suggested in that Jose deal. The Bulls are looking for an upgrade for this season, which Jose could offer ... and also provides a big expiring deal for Rose to slide back into his lead role, and the Bulls to maybe have some money for shopping - or at least avoid luxury tax.

Maybe #8 for them would be someone like Austin Rivers, to score alongside Rose - who knows.
    Yes, sign me up
    23.53%
    No, not interested
    76.47%

The poll is expired.

The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Chad Ford - Luol Deng to Raps with 29th pick - for Calderon and the 8th

I saw this posted by RR...did some research....basically Chad Ford was just spit balling if you read the qoute in context. He was asked how the Bulls could move down in the draft, and gave that answer.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Would leave a void at PG for the Raps, but that could be erased with a call to the Nash household.

"Hi Steve ... Bryan here ... i'd like to overpay you to run with Andrea Bargnani, Luol Deng, Demar Derozan & Jonas Valanciunas".

... not quite as appealing as Rudy Gay, but a big win for the club if it were to happen.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

if we give up 8 that would wreck our shot at drafting a PG so yeah that question would have to be settled in free agency

OR a subsequent trade
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Deng a nice piece on a championship-calibre team. But why would we trade for yet another wing who can't create his own shot?

IMO, Jose's expiring contract and the 8th pick are far more valuable than Deng.

Comment

Bah. He'll be missing at the beginning of year if he has wrist surgery which is being put off for the Olympics. Besides...

Comment

Not sure how true these rumors are but if they are true Colangelo keeps on trying to dig a deeper ditch.

These type of moves are not about sustained winning or even trying to eventually compete for a championship.

These moves are about getting a sweet new deal for a lame duck GM and thereby crippling the franchise moving forward.

Comment

Luol Deng is a nice player, but not the right player for the Raps at this time. He's basically a 3rd or 4th guy on a playoff team.. we don't need that since we already kind of have that guy in Bargnani.

If we traded Bargnani straight up for Deng, I'd probably think hard about it.. but to trade our 8th pick is not smart.

Deng is still semi-young at 27, but he's owed $27M in two years.. where as Iggy is owed about $30M in two years (and his second year is a player option). I think Iggy is more valuable and I don't want him either. I think trading for Deng is a move towards mediocrity, IMO.

Bryan I believe drafted him in Phoenix.. I hope that's not a sign that says he's interested.

Comment

not worth it...

Comment

no way
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

no effing way
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

not in a million years
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

not in a million trillion years
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

It's not a rumor, it's just Ford saying if the Bulls wanted into the lottery the most likely way they'd be able to do so.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                              Not sure how true these rumors are but if they are true Colangelo keeps on trying to dig a deeper ditch.

These type of moves are not about sustained winning or even trying to eventually compete for a championship.

These moves are about getting a sweet new deal for a lame duck GM and thereby crippling the franchise moving forward.
                              It's not a rumour at all. Someone happened to ask Chad Ford how the Bulls could get into the lottery, and this scenario is the only thing that came to his mind. It's not based on any leads. Just the hamster spinning in Ford's noggin.

Comment

Working...
                              X