No announcement yet.

Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Deng please, if and only if he's five years younger, he's close to his prime and have no growth left and he can't promise to score 20+ ppg, a mediocre SF. We need either Igoudala or Gay who's still consider the prime player of a franchise team, whereas Luol Deng is a 2nd or 3rd best with his respectable team.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      No it doesn't
      Yes I does. It sucks ass. These are the kind of trades that fuck up franchises and put them in the mediocre category like where Philly and Houston are right now

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Yes I does. It sucks ass.
        No it doesn't...

Starting All Star 28 Year Old Defensive Ace 6'9" great length can knock down the open 3 averages a decent PPG even though he is third option with a ball dominant scoring PG.
        Last edited by thead; Sat Jun 16, 2012, 06:25 PM.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Maybe if they threw in Watson and we throw in Alabi? Would that work? LOL.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Toronto deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No it doesn't...

Starting All Star 28 Year Old Defensive Ace 6'9" great length can knock down the open 3 averages a decent PPG even though he is third option with a ball dominant scoring PG.
              that is the most flattering description of him anyone could make.

I do prefer him to IGDALA but to me they are both big salaries and not worth the cost. I would rather throw the pick at Houston for Lowry.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

No it doesn't...

Yes is does he's 28, by the time JV is good enough to be a top 3 C in the league he'll be like 31+ and he will start declining. Much rather draft a kid like Lillard, Rivers or Barnes and grow organically rather than take the quick fix route.

Comment

then we can use the lure of a top PF and top C to attract a free agent to replace him. think long term

If we don't start winning no free agent will want to come here

Comment

I do like the deal, but the Bulls need to throw something else in to make it a bit more enticing. Bottom line is we're in dire need of a starting 3. It wasn't too long ago that Deng was considered the cornerstone of the Bulls - I still believe he's a top tier player. He just turned 27 (by comparison, Gay is going to turn 26 in a few months, Igoudala turned 28 in January), so he's in his prime. He can score and he can defend pretty well. We won't find a wing that is anywhere close to Deng's calibre in this draft. At #29, there could still be decent guys available Fab Melo, John Jenkins, hell, you could get Quincy Miller at #29 and let him develop slowly. If they throw in Jimmy Butler, it's a done deal. The best part is that we'd still have cap space for the summer.

Comment

Jimmy Butler is an intriguing prospect. But I don't see the Bulls giving him up along with Deng.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Lot's of players available late this year, including Jae Crowder and Will Barton. Who both have a good chance of being better than Rivers, Lamb and Waiters. If we could one of them, plus Deng without giving up Calderon or JV, I'd be for it. Of course if Nash rumours are true, then moving Calderon becomes a possibility.

A 9-man rotation of Nash, Deng, DeRozan, AJohnson, JV, Bargnani, Bayless, Kleiza and Forbes with Crowder and Barton fighting to get in there, and Aaron Gray and Magliore as insurance would be pretty good.

That wold still leave us with Ed Davis and James Johnson to trade for a PG prospect.

So, if we are getting Nash, I'd give Chicago Calderon, the 8th pick and our late 2nd rounder for Deng and their 1st.

Calderon backing up Rose would be pretty amazing.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Yes is does he's 28, by the time JV is good enough to be a top 3 C in the league he'll be like 31+ and he will start declining. Much rather draft a kid like Lillard, Rivers or Barnes and grow organically rather than take the quick fix route.
                          +1
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                            Lot's of players available late this year, including Jae Crowder and Will Barton. Who both have a good chance of being better than Rivers, Lamb and Waiters. If we could one of them, plus Deng without giving up Calderon or JV, I'd be for it. Of course if Nash rumours are true, then moving Calderon becomes a possibility.

A 9-man rotation of Nash, Deng, DeRozan, AJohnson, JV, Bargnani, Bayless, Kleiza and Forbes with Crowder and Barton fighting to get in there, and Aaron Gray and Magliore as insurance would be pretty good.

That wold still leave us with Ed Davis and James Johnson to trade for a PG prospect.

So, if we are getting Nash, I'd give Chicago Calderon, the 8th pick and our late 2nd rounder for Deng and their 1st.

Calderon backing up Rose would be pretty amazing.
                            You can't have money to throw at Nash and still retain Bayless (and Gray, Magloire). You have to renounce your FAs first.

Comment

So Iguodala and Gay are not quick fixes but Deng is? Too funy.

Comment

How is this thread still happening
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X