View Poll Results: Would you trade #8 and Jose, for Luol Deng and #29?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sign me up

    12 23.53%
  • No, not interested

    39 76.47%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 125

Thread: Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No Deng please, if and only if he's five years younger, he's close to his prime and have no growth left and he can't promise to score 20+ ppg, a mediocre SF. We need either Igoudala or Gay who's still consider the prime player of a franchise team, whereas Luol Deng is a 2nd or 3rd best with his respectable team.

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    No it doesn't
    Yes I does. It sucks ass. These are the kind of trades that fuck up franchises and put them in the mediocre category like where Philly and Houston are right now

  3. #63
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Yes I does. It sucks ass.
    No it doesn't...


    Starting All Star 28 Year Old Defensive Ace 6'9" great length can knock down the open 3 averages a decent PPG even though he is third option with a ball dominant scoring PG.
    Last edited by thead; Sat Jun 16th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

  4. #64
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe if they threw in Watson and we throw in Alabi? Would that work? LOL.

  5. #65
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Toronto deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

  6. #66
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    No it doesn't...


    Starting All Star 28 Year Old Defensive Ace 6'9" great length can knock down the open 3 averages a decent PPG even though he is third option with a ball dominant scoring PG.
    that is the most flattering description of him anyone could make.

    I do prefer him to IGDALA but to me they are both big salaries and not worth the cost. I would rather throw the pick at Houston for Lowry.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    No it doesn't...


    Starting All Star 28 Year Old Defensive Ace 6'9" great length can knock down the open 3 averages a decent PPG even though he is third option with a ball dominant scoring PG.
    Yes is does he's 28, by the time JV is good enough to be a top 3 C in the league he'll be like 31+ and he will start declining. Much rather draft a kid like Lillard, Rivers or Barnes and grow organically rather than take the quick fix route.

  8. #68
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    then we can use the lure of a top PF and top C to attract a free agent to replace him. think long term

    If we don't start winning no free agent will want to come here

  9. #69
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I do like the deal, but the Bulls need to throw something else in to make it a bit more enticing. Bottom line is we're in dire need of a starting 3. It wasn't too long ago that Deng was considered the cornerstone of the Bulls - I still believe he's a top tier player. He just turned 27 (by comparison, Gay is going to turn 26 in a few months, Igoudala turned 28 in January), so he's in his prime. He can score and he can defend pretty well. We won't find a wing that is anywhere close to Deng's calibre in this draft. At #29, there could still be decent guys available Fab Melo, John Jenkins, hell, you could get Quincy Miller at #29 and let him develop slowly. If they throw in Jimmy Butler, it's a done deal. The best part is that we'd still have cap space for the summer.

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    713
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jimmy Butler is an intriguing prospect. But I don't see the Bulls giving him up along with Deng.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  11. #71
    Raptors Republic Starter Quirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lot's of players available late this year, including Jae Crowder and Will Barton. Who both have a good chance of being better than Rivers, Lamb and Waiters. If we could one of them, plus Deng without giving up Calderon or JV, I'd be for it. Of course if Nash rumours are true, then moving Calderon becomes a possibility.

    A 9-man rotation of Nash, Deng, DeRozan, AJohnson, JV, Bargnani, Bayless, Kleiza and Forbes with Crowder and Barton fighting to get in there, and Aaron Gray and Magliore as insurance would be pretty good.

    That wold still leave us with Ed Davis and James Johnson to trade for a PG prospect.

    So, if we are getting Nash, I'd give Chicago Calderon, the 8th pick and our late 2nd rounder for Deng and their 1st.

    Calderon backing up Rose would be pretty amazing.

  12. #72
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Yes is does he's 28, by the time JV is good enough to be a top 3 C in the league he'll be like 31+ and he will start declining. Much rather draft a kid like Lillard, Rivers or Barnes and grow organically rather than take the quick fix route.
    +1
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  13. #73
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Lot's of players available late this year, including Jae Crowder and Will Barton. Who both have a good chance of being better than Rivers, Lamb and Waiters. If we could one of them, plus Deng without giving up Calderon or JV, I'd be for it. Of course if Nash rumours are true, then moving Calderon becomes a possibility.

    A 9-man rotation of Nash, Deng, DeRozan, AJohnson, JV, Bargnani, Bayless, Kleiza and Forbes with Crowder and Barton fighting to get in there, and Aaron Gray and Magliore as insurance would be pretty good.

    That wold still leave us with Ed Davis and James Johnson to trade for a PG prospect.

    So, if we are getting Nash, I'd give Chicago Calderon, the 8th pick and our late 2nd rounder for Deng and their 1st.

    Calderon backing up Rose would be pretty amazing.
    You can't have money to throw at Nash and still retain Bayless (and Gray, Magloire). You have to renounce your FAs first.

  14. #74
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So Iguodala and Gay are not quick fixes but Deng is? Too funy.

  15. #75
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How is this thread still happening

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    You can't have money to throw at Nash and still retain Bayless (and Gray, Magloire). You have to renounce your FAs first.
    ... and TPE and MLE exceptions....... unless it is a sign and trade.

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So Iguodala and Gay are not quick fixes but Deng is? Too funy.
    who said i want iguodala? Gay is not a quick fix cause he's 26 and is better than Deng. Deng will make us mediocre but Gay will make us a top 5 team in the east.

  18. #78
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    who said i want iguodala? Gay is not a quick fix cause he's 26 and is better than Deng. Deng will make us mediocre but Gay will make us a top 5 team in the east.
    You do know that Deng just turned 27? So the age difference between him and Gay aren't far apart.
    I know what you mean by Deng making us mediocre, I mean, guys who are all-stars and make all-defensive teams are completely shyte players. Who needs 'em?

  19. #79
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    You do know that Deng just turned 27? So the age difference between him and Gay aren't far apart.
    I know what you mean by Deng making us mediocre, I mean, guys who are all-stars and make all-defensive teams are completely shyte players. Who needs 'em?
    finally someone backs me up....Colangelo wanted defense and toughness and 3pt shooting....Deng does that cheaper than Gay and better than Iggy

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    You do know that Deng just turned 27? So the age difference between him and Gay aren't far apart.
    I know what you mean by Deng making us mediocre, I mean, guys who are all-stars and make all-defensive teams are completely shyte players. Who needs 'em?
    I worry about Deng and Bargnani playing together. Teams will try to get us on the break.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •