View Poll Results: Would you trade #8 and Jose, for Luol Deng and #29?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, sign me up

    12 23.53%
  • No, not interested

    39 76.47%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 125

Thread: Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

  1. #101
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd like to know why Bosh is not on that list...all star, a ring now but still and always a role player

  2. #102
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Wow, all of those guys played with Jordan? Jordan sure had a lot of teammates.
    I said guys LIKE Jordan on their team, in other words they had a superstar on the team that would attract a lot of defenses which gave them room to do what they wanted. None of them could be number 1 options. Next time read what I wrote then reply

  3. #103
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I said guys LIKE Jordan on their team, in other words they had a superstar on the team that would attract a lot of defenses which gave them room to do what they wanted. None of them could be number 1 options. Next time read what I wrote then reply
    Guys like Jordan? There weren't a lot of guys like Jordan in the NBA. Here's the thing - the guys on the list above, most of them are fringe hall of famers. Did you know that?

  4. #104
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I'd like to know why Bosh is not on that list...all star, a ring now but still and always a role player
    Mike Miller, he's a role player. Norris Cole, he's a role player. Rony Turiaf, he's a role player. Bosh isn't a role player, but I do know what you were getting at

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Guys like Jordan? There weren't a lot of guys like Jordan in the NBA. Here's the thing - the guys on the list above, most of them are fringe hall of famers. Did you know that?
    yes but you know why they were "fringe" HOF's? because they had a surefire HOF on their team that made everyone around them better.
    For example:

    Horace Grant had Jordan
    Shawn Marion had Steve Nash
    Big Z had LeBron

  6. #106
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    yes but you know why they were "fringe" HOF's? because they had a surefire HOF on their team that made everyone around them better.
    For example:

    Horace Grant had Jordan
    Shawn Marion had Steve Nash
    Big Z had LeBron
    So your point is that those respective guys were considered great because they had superstars on their team, not because they were great players in their own right? Okay. Gotcha.

  7. #107
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So your point is that those respective guys were considered great because they had superstars on their team, not because they were great players in their own right? Okay. Gotcha.
    Coulda let him down easy :P

  8. #108
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you got half those guys on that list at #8 in a draft, you'd be happy
    The other half, you'd be ecstatic.

    Deng is in the middle there, closer to ecstatic.

    8th is not that great of a pick, sure there have been superstars, but there have been superstars in the 2nd round too. You take the known commodity, especially when it addresses a need and is a player who can give you 5 more years playing at or close to his peak.

    If Deng for the 8 is a real offer I hope we take it, banking on college kids in the low lottery is a big gamble.

  9. #109
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    If you got half those guys on that list at #8 in a draft, you'd be happy
    The other half, you'd be ecstatic.

    Deng is in the middle there, closer to ecstatic.

    8th is not that great of a pick, sure there have been superstars, but there have been superstars in the 2nd round too. You take the known commodity, especially when it addresses a need and is a player who can give you 5 more years playing at or close to his peak.

    If Deng for the 8 is a real offer I hope we take it, banking on college kids in the low lottery is a big gamble.
    Deng is getting older, and can't create a shot. He's an all-star player, but he had superstars around him to make him better, BUT he is a good player. I just don't see him a great fit, because his role will be greatly increased here as supposed to Chicago where Boozer, Hamilton, and Rose are the option ahead of him.

    No one on this team can create something out of nothing, and even though Deng is a blue collar, team gel, hard working player, his really only 'great' attributes are his jumpshot and defense. The guy has no more potential, he's reached his ceiling, this team will be setting up for mediocrity with him, and that'll get us nowhere in the future. Unlike a team BUILDING towards young players. Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lamb have good potential to be big time NBA contributors, and there games will make them better suited for the NBA than the collegiate level.

    Plus with the trade you'd have to give up a very, very good point guard in Jose Calderon. With that happening, and no sure fire chance of attaining Lowry/Dragic or signing Nash, this team will be ran by Jerryd Bayless, who has a little bit of a Russel Westbrook type game. He can't pass the ball to Durant, what makes you think Jerryd can do the same for less talent like Bargnani and Derozan on consistent basis? He's proved in about 13 games where he's started I believe he can be solid, but the offense has been very, very poorly ran. Bargnani and Derozan didn't get shots..

  10. #110
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was under the impression that it wouldn't be Jose and the 8. If that is the case I can understand not going through with it knowing that we wouldn't be able to draft a reliable PG at 29.

  11. #111
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Interesting article about Deng's perspective on potential trades: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...urprised-trade

    I found it interesting that Golden State was sending a scout to watch Great Britain's practice... Deng for #7 rumors could heat up!

  12. #112
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Toronto trade Calderon + Davis + 8th pick + Barbosa TPE for Deng + Noah

    We are not just getting Deng, we are getting Noah too according to a source rumor.

    Then we sign Nash and bring back Vinsanity

    Nash/Bayless/2nd round pick (Scot Machado)
    DeRozan/Vince/Forbes
    Deng/JJ Johnson/Kleiza
    Bargs/Amir/2nd round pick (Quincy Acy)
    Noah/Val/Magloire

    This look like a solid starting lineups and our backups aren't that bad.

    I think Nash will make DeRozan, Deng, Bargs, and Noah better. Personally, if i we can get Noah, i would second this trade with Deng. Noah will start while let Val develops his game in a year or two.

  13. #113
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Noah? Really? Come on..

    And how many times have we told you that you can't re-sign Bayless or use the TPE and have money to sign Nash? You need to renounce all of that first.

  14. #114
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Toronto trade Calderon + Davis + 8th pick + Barbosa TPE for Deng + Noah

    We are not just getting Deng, we are getting Noah too according to a source rumor.

    Then we sign Nash and bring back Vinsanity

    Nash/Bayless/2nd round pick (Scot Machado)
    DeRozan/Vince/Forbes
    Deng/JJ Johnson/Kleiza
    Bargs/Amir/2nd round pick (Quincy Acy)
    Noah/Val/Magloire

    This look like a solid starting lineups and our backups aren't that bad.

    I think Nash will make DeRozan, Deng, Bargs, and Noah better. Personally, if i we can get Noah, i would second this trade with Deng. Noah will start while let Val develops his game in a year or two.
    Those 101 posts have been very annoying and unrealistic. Where is the source rumour btw? There is not way in hell we are getting Noah... Sign Nash and wait... wait.. BRING BACK VINSANITY?

    Wow this guy is gold.

  15. #115
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Andrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo! Sports) tweets:

    Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng "no chance" of a deal sending him to Warriors, league source tells Y!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. #116
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Andrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo! Sports) tweets:
    good thing we aren't the Warriors

  17. #117
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think any trades will happen until draft day. Deng would be a great pickup for us as he is a good defender and a good shooter.

    However, if someone like Barnes/Drummond/Lillard falls to us, i don't think we are going to trade them for Deng. They would be great rookies for us to develop and/or trade for something better than Deng.

  18. #118
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would be happy if the Raps traded for Deng... just not if it cost them the #8 pick.

    Calderon & Davis/JJ & 2013 1st round pick (top-10 protected) for Deng.

    I know Chicago traded JJ to Toronto, but I think he's improved and would be able to replace Deng in their lineup - unlikely, but an option instead of Davis (they have Boozer & Gibson at PF). I wouldn't be upset at losing the 2013 pick, especially if an improved roster (ie: Valanciunas, Nash, Deng, a 1st round pick, etc...) was expected to compete for (and hopefully make) the playoffs next season.

    Deng just isn't worth #8, IMO.

  19. #119
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So your point is that those respective guys were considered great because they had superstars on their team, not because they were great players in their own right? Okay. Gotcha.
    When did i say that? they were good players on their own but they were even better because of the superstars they had on their respective teams that made them better.

  20. #120
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,032
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    When did i say that? they were good players on their own but they were even better because of the superstars they had on their respective teams that made them better.
    when did you say it? look back at your own quote, bro. shouldn't be too hard. it's on the same page so you don't have to do too much digging.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •