Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiters is a known commodity. He has climbed on draft boards recently but before that he was a top 15 player in high school, McDonald's All American, and the best player on a NCAA number one seed tourney team last season. The Orange's games were on the big networks all the time.

I am not sure how DW would fit with the Raptors. It might take a while for him to develop.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    we are looking for STARTERS not bench players. i meant to say he's projected outside the top 14(the lottery) and it would be too much of a reach to choose him. He is definitely not that good. PJ3 is a project but he's got mad potential, but right now i want lillard or Rivers
    PJ3 is a 4, I'd be awfully surprised if he somehow became quick enough to defend the 3. I think the combine numbers showed that. No history of defending at the 3, that's a lot of speculation and hope there.....I agree he has potential, a ton in fact, but so did Anthony Randolph, ....
    Who is say DW wouldn't eventually start?
    Why is Rivers suddenly everyone's darling, he certainly wasn't a month ago....

I too like lillard, I would be very pleased with him. If he's there at 8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rus wrote: View Post
    PJ3 is a 4, I'd be awfully surprised if he somehow became quick enough to defend the 3. I think the combine numbers showed that. No history of defending at the 3, that's a lot of speculation and hope there.....I agree he has potential, a ton in fact, but so did Anthony Randolph, ....

Nobody really knew a spec about Rivers until workouts and combine. I believe he is going to be a very good player, you aren't ranked number 1 out of high school for no reason. Austin didn't have a great team around him, I mean he had some solid talent, but none that could really create a cushion for Rivers to be totally effective. He WAS the main guy, ACC rookie of the year, led the team in scoring, I believe he has a higher ceiling than others believe. High character, right mentality type guy. I was always high on his game since coming out of high school..

Perry Jones III seems different to me though. He is built as a perimeter player, if he was a four, than he would've easily dominated in the post don't you think? The reason why he wasn't able to be so great, is because he was playing in a system playing in the post, not the perimeter. I think Perry Jones III is going underrated IMO, I believe he will be a good player as well, high potential, but my only question for him, is his motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rus wrote: View Post
    PJ3 is a 4, I'd be awfully surprised if the somehow became quick enough to defend the 3. I think the combine numbers showed that. No history of defending at the 3, that's a lot of speculation and hope there.....I agree he has potential, a ton in fact, but so did Anthony Randolph, ....

Are you sure about that? Perry Jones is one of the fastest players in the draft. A very fast, explosive athlete that has an incredibly quick first dribble (although he can't dribble very well). I don't think he's gonna have any trouble keeping up with players, the problem is who's gonna keep up with him?

6'11" P-H-E-N-O-M
    Last edited by Sig; Fri Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Are you sure about that? Perry Jones is one of he fastest players in the draft. A very fast, explosive athlete that has an incredibly quick first dribble (although he can;t dribble very well). I don't think he's gonna have any trouble keeping up with players, the problem is who's gonna keep up with him?
    +1 Very, very athletic player.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    Are you sure about that? Perry Jones is one of the fastest players in the draft. A very fast, explosive athlete that has an incredibly quick first dribble (although he can't dribble very well). I don't think he's gonna have any trouble keeping up with players, the problem is who's gonna keep up with him?

6'11" P-H-E-N-O-M

everyone who works hard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    everyone who works hard
    lol, good point though actually. PJ3 has a bad motor.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    +1 Very, very athletic player.
    OOPS, you're are very correct, I misread the combine results.
    But I still haven't seen or heard of any experience defending at the 3. As well, don't you want your 3 to have a good handle, knock down a 3 or at least get to the rim if need be. Does PJ3 do any of that?

Basically I would love to see PJ3 go one on one against other 3s in workouts, then judge from there. That would be a best case scenario, but the likely hood of that is slim to none, right?
    Of course say that occurred and he looked better than the other 3s, he would probably go higher than the 8th spot, lol.....

The guy is so hard to peg? A lot of unanswered questions......

Thread Information