View Poll Results: Do you want Bosh to win a ring?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 17.65%
  • No

14 82.35%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OT: Do you want Bosh to win the championship?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OT: Do you want Bosh to win the championship?

Of all the all-stars that have left the Raptors such as Carter, McGrady, etc., it seems that Bosh is the least hated. He gets boos in the ACC.

Apart from the depart, would you be happy if Bosh got a ring?

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I was happier to see Matt Bonner get a Ring.

And I would be happier to see Vince win one before Bosh.

However, I do continue to wish Bosh the best throughout his Career, and will continue to do.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Miami to win. For me it has less to do with Bosh specifically, and more to do with the whole super-friends collusion. It just isn't good for the game and just the thought of Bosh and LBJ celebrating a championship makes me sick.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no he doesn't deserve one.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, are these haters above or is it the Miami big 3 in the making that makes you hate them?

Matt Bonner was never an all-star!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote montreal06 wrote: View Post
    Honestly, are these haters above or is it the Miami big 3 in the making that makes you hate them?

Matt Bonner was never an all-star!
    we hate them because they built the team the wrong way and destroyed 2 franchises in the process. Anyone outside of miami who likes the heat is a bandwagon

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I don't want Miami to win. For me it has less to do with Bosh specifically, and more to do with the whole super-friends collusion. It just isn't good for the game and just the thought of Bosh and LBJ celebrating a championship makes me sick.
    +1

It has nothing to do with Bosh, and everything to do with showing future free agents that teaming up with your all-star buddies, doesn't equal championships.

That lesson was partially learned already in New York.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So.... If all this happened to Toronto meaning we got 3 super all stars, you guys would hate the Raptors too?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Bosh to win one, just without the Heat.

I feel sort of bad for Bosh going to Miami. It is sort of depressing. He shows up, they have that big party (not 5, not 6, not 7...) and then they fell back to earth. Bosh, who played well in the playoffs last year, and played well this year, really got no respect from anyone. He had a rough time going from Toronto (which got little round the NBA press because of the losing/first round exits) to the spotlight. He went from having a nice fan base in Toronto who really embraced him to having people hate him around the league because of the decision to join with his buds. It is almost painful to watch press conferences where he gets asked 1 question, and LBJ and DWade get asked 50.

Though him leaving was suckish, I do not think I would put him in the same category as VC or Hedo. Yeah I want him to win a championship, but somewhere he really matters. He should win one where he is not the third wheel. I think he deserves that.

Post Thanks / Like

So.... If all this happened to Toronto meaning we got 3 super all stars, you guys would hate the Raptors too?
    I don't really care how Miami built the current roster. I just find the team extremely unlikable. The whole Decision nonsense was really distasteful. Bosh running around filming interview with teams and Wade stringing along other teams. Then, that ridiculous spectacle with Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the stage with the light show and everything talking about 7 titles.... stupid. Schadenfreude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I don't really care how Miami built the current roster. I just find the team extremely unlikable. The whole Decision nonsense was really distasteful. Bosh running around filming interview with teams and Wade stringing along other teams. Then, that ridiculous spectacle with Lebron, Wade and Bosh on the stage with the light show and everything talking about 7 titles.... stupid. Schadenfreude.
    +1

I hope Miami gets swept so that this year south beach can have "The Dismantling"!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how any raps fan could wish Bosh success when that success would be borne in the destruction of our beloved franchise. The dude held our franchise hostage by not being clear about his intentions.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Toronto had a realistic chance of pulling something like this, there would be no hate for Miami (at least for me). But the fact that we're competing on an uneven playing field for free agents, makes it a bitter pill to swallow.

The 3 superstars we're able to sign are Turkoglu, Jack, and Wright, lol.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The 3 superstars we're able to sign are Turkoglu, Jack, and Wright, lol.
    And we traded for Jack and Wright. :S haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I hope Miami gets swept so that this year south beach can have "The Dismantling"!
    So do I.

I will be very happy if Wade-The-Recruiter is the odd man out.

Post Thanks / Like

whatever happened to the days when you wanted to play against and beat the best instead of playing with them to further your own agenda.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

alot of things about the heat winning bother me

- the way the team was put together is BS
    - eddy curry would have a ring.... EDDY "I LOVE DONUTS" CURRY... f' that
    - as much as everyone else, i enjoy when chris bosh cries, but i dont want his tears to stain the trophy
    - i just watched "more than a game" last night.. and it made me hate lebron even more
    - every year they don't win, they get one step closer to proving dan gilbert right... and who doesn't want that crazy fucker to be right?
    - OKC winning would prove that loyalty and team building are more important than random gatherings of "talent"
    - lebron's hairline
    - i dont particularly like teams who send out their random unknown bench players to head hunt players on the other team that hurt their diva superstar's feelings... i cant even remember that twat's name, he's THAT irrelevant... his only reason for existing is throwing elbows
    - lebron's hairline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    whatever happened to the days when you wanted to play against and beat the best instead of playing with them to further your own agenda.
    Exactly. I first started watching basketball in early elementary school, when it was Magic's Lakers, Larry's Celtics and Isaiah's Pistons, against the up-and-comers of Jordan's Bulls, Dominique's Hawks, Malone's Jazz, Drexler's Trailblazers... these iconic players displayed a loyalty for the franchise, city and fanbase that supported them and made them the superstars they were. It was the desire to win and carry their teams to the championship, by beating the best of the best to get there, that made the rivalries so special. Free agency as it is today, makes it so much less appealing for fans, especially of the 20 or so teams that don't have the marquee draw. I miss the glory days, when the league was more about the sport and less about the business.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

How Miami got made sucks for Cleveland and Toronto. If a super big 3 came to us, there would be no hate.

Regardless how Bosh decided to leave since he was a coveted free agent, it was his own decision. He did not do anything wrong. Colangelo should not have bet on his word sorta like the mess what's happening with Orlando and Howard.

In Orlando, The ex-GM Otis Smith drafted up a contract that he asked Howard to sign if his are intentions was to stay with the team for one year longer (player option) or leave. If Howard did not sign, he would have been traded.

Colangelo didnt think of this creative idea. He went out on a limb thinking it's all or nothing.

I do not think Bosh is to blame 100%. Colangelo is just as much to blame if not more.

Post Thanks / Like

How Miami got made sucks for Cleveland and Toronto. If a super big 3 came to us, there would be no hate.

Regardless how Bosh decided to leave since he was a coveted free agent, it was his own decision. He did not do anything wrong. Colangelo should not have bet on his word sorta like the mess what's happening with Orlando and Howard.

In Orlando, The ex-GM Otis Smith drafted up a contract that he asked Howard to sign if his are intentions was to stay with the team for one year longer (player option) or leave. If Howard did not sign, he would have been traded.

Colangelo didnt think of this creative idea. He went out on a limb thinking it's all or nothing.

I do not think Bosh is to blame 100%. Colangelo is just as much to blame if not more.
    I disagree. Nobody blames Bosh for leaving. It was his right. Most people, likely including BC, just wish that Bosh had actually been a man and just told BC what his true intentions were from the start. Leaving a team is one thing. Screwing with a team, a city and the fans just speaks to character, which both Bosh and LBJ are sorely lacking.

I joined RR in the summer of 2009, prior to the start of Bosh's last season as a Raptor. I was pushing for him to be traded that offseason, figuring there would be more teams eager to trade for him (even as an expiring contract), thus creating more competition to drive the trade return value up, compared to what the Raps would get back in a S&T if Bosh picked a specific team. I personally had 0% expectations for Bosh re-signing. I figured he was 100% gone, regardless of where he ended up (I had no clue the 'super friends' would transpire though!).

Thread Information