Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Do you want Bosh to win the championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever happened to the days when you wanted to play against and beat the best instead of playing with them to further your own agenda.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

alot of things about the heat winning bother me

- the way the team was put together is BS
      - eddy curry would have a ring.... EDDY "I LOVE DONUTS" CURRY... f' that
      - as much as everyone else, i enjoy when chris bosh cries, but i dont want his tears to stain the trophy
      - i just watched "more than a game" last night.. and it made me hate lebron even more
      - every year they don't win, they get one step closer to proving dan gilbert right... and who doesn't want that crazy fucker to be right?
      - OKC winning would prove that loyalty and team building are more important than random gatherings of "talent"
      - lebron's hairline
      - i dont particularly like teams who send out their random unknown bench players to head hunt players on the other team that hurt their diva superstar's feelings... i cant even remember that twat's name, he's THAT irrelevant... his only reason for existing is throwing elbows
      - lebron's hairline

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        whatever happened to the days when you wanted to play against and beat the best instead of playing with them to further your own agenda.
        Exactly. I first started watching basketball in early elementary school, when it was Magic's Lakers, Larry's Celtics and Isaiah's Pistons, against the up-and-comers of Jordan's Bulls, Dominique's Hawks, Malone's Jazz, Drexler's Trailblazers... these iconic players displayed a loyalty for the franchise, city and fanbase that supported them and made them the superstars they were. It was the desire to win and carry their teams to the championship, by beating the best of the best to get there, that made the rivalries so special. Free agency as it is today, makes it so much less appealing for fans, especially of the 20 or so teams that don't have the marquee draw. I miss the glory days, when the league was more about the sport and less about the business.

Comment

How Miami got made sucks for Cleveland and Toronto. If a super big 3 came to us, there would be no hate.

Regardless how Bosh decided to leave since he was a coveted free agent, it was his own decision. He did not do anything wrong. Colangelo should not have bet on his word sorta like the mess what's happening with Orlando and Howard.

In Orlando, The ex-GM Otis Smith drafted up a contract that he asked Howard to sign if his are intentions was to stay with the team for one year longer (player option) or leave. If Howard did not sign, he would have been traded.

Colangelo didnt think of this creative idea. He went out on a limb thinking it's all or nothing.

I do not think Bosh is to blame 100%. Colangelo is just as much to blame if not more.

Comment

montreal06 wrote: View Post
            How Miami got made sucks for Cleveland and Toronto. If a super big 3 came to us, there would be no hate.

Regardless how Bosh decided to leave since he was a coveted free agent, it was his own decision. He did not do anything wrong. Colangelo should not have bet on his word sorta like the mess what's happening with Orlando and Howard.

In Orlando, The ex-GM Otis Smith drafted up a contract that he asked Howard to sign if his are intentions was to stay with the team for one year longer (player option) or leave. If Howard did not sign, he would have been traded.

Colangelo didnt think of this creative idea. He went out on a limb thinking it's all or nothing.

I do not think Bosh is to blame 100%. Colangelo is just as much to blame if not more.
            I disagree. Nobody blames Bosh for leaving. It was his right. Most people, likely including BC, just wish that Bosh had actually been a man and just told BC what his true intentions were from the start. Leaving a team is one thing. Screwing with a team, a city and the fans just speaks to character, which both Bosh and LBJ are sorely lacking.

I joined RR in the summer of 2009, prior to the start of Bosh's last season as a Raptor. I was pushing for him to be traded that offseason, figuring there would be more teams eager to trade for him (even as an expiring contract), thus creating more competition to drive the trade return value up, compared to what the Raps would get back in a S&T if Bosh picked a specific team. I personally had 0% expectations for Bosh re-signing. I figured he was 100% gone, regardless of where he ended up (I had no clue the 'super friends' would transpire though!).

Comment

Bosh did have a player option (as did Wade and Lebron). They all agreed to opt out of their final year. Colangelo was just the idiot who decided not to trade Bosh.

Comment

Haters Republic

Do I want Bosh to win the championship? Well I guess we should change the name of this site to "HatersRepublic" because I don't want him to, I dont know why, I just want to see the heat lose this year, trade bosh next year, and win then, so Bosh can never win a championship. Is that mean?
                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Bosh did have a player option (as did Wade and Lebron). They all agreed to opt out of their final year. Colangelo was just the idiot who decided not to trade Bosh.
                  If Howard didnt sign that non-trade contract with Orlando, he would have been traded to the Lakers before the deadline.

My point is Colangelo should have gotten some contractual reassurance from Bosh. The past is the past and we start from scratch.

I hope Bosh does win the championship.

He will always be a Raptor in all of our hearts

Comment

Are no-trade clauses even permitted in the NBA? I don't think they are.

Comment

If Howard didnt sign that non-trade contract with Orlando, he would have been traded to the Lakers before the deadline.

My point is Colangelo should have gotten some contractual reassurance from Bosh. The past is the past and we start from scratch.

I hope Bosh does win the championship.

He will always be a Raptor in all of our hearts
                      In your heart, perhaps, but certainly not all of our hearts. For the record, I don't like the booing that is done for the likes of Carter, McGrady, Bosh and Turkoglu, I think it's all pretty childish. However, I would be quite happy to see Bosh never win a championship, as some sort of karmic payback. Plus, as others have said, I'd much rather see a team of young homegrown players win a championship, as opposed to the divas of south beach.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Are no-trade clauses even permitted in the NBA? I don't think they are.
                        There are no-trade clauses in the NBA. Kobe Bryant has one for example. I was under the impression that a player could wave it if they chose, and Dwight Howard would have waived his if Orlando presented him with a trade he liked. That was the case for Kobe in 2007 when he was almost dealt.

It just gives more power to the player when they demand for a trade.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          In your heart, perhaps, but certainly not all of our hearts. For the record, I don't like the booing that is done for the likes of Carter, McGrady, Bosh and Turkoglu, I think it's all pretty childish.
                          i actually love it, and wish people would do it for even more players... boo kobe, KD, blake griffin, melo... boo every player who enters the air canada centre not wearing a raptors jersey...

make them hate the idea of coming to toronto.

i, for one, don't want our home court to be a welcoming environment for the enemy.

Comment

Nope ... If he was on a team with Steve Nash, or some main players other than LeBron and DWade, I wouldn't have any problem seeing Bosh win it ... but I think this HEAT team has brought so much 'Heat' onto themselves that I don't want to see any of them wearing a ring ... except the ones Wade & Haslem already have.

Tough few years for the CB4/CB1 ego ... amazing how many columns and articles I read bashing him, questioniong his sexual orientation, calling out his level of intensity or even professionalism ... You want the spotlight? There you go.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

So.... If all this happened to Toronto meaning we got 3 super all stars, you guys would hate the Raptors too?
                              Absolutely...if three all stars had illegally colluded with our coach or GM so they could sell off all their assets and make it possible to give three players max salary at least two to three years in advance. And at the same time destroy two franchises and set a horrible precedent, basically saying that there should be five or six great teams in the league and the rest should be glorified D league teams...

Hell yeah I would hate the Raptors. Any REAL fan of basketball should and would.

If Jordan, Bird, Magic, Phil Jackson, Chuck, Reggie and a host of the other most influential basketball players and coaches say it was bad for the game, it was bad for the game.

Comment

i hate bosh for being secretive about the way he left. I dont think you can blame BC for not trading Bosh, most GMs with a 'superstar' wouldn't trade him if theres a chance to keep them. I don't agree with that but I'm not the GM
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X