Damian Lillard - A Sacto Workout to drool over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeeZ wrote: View Post
    Oh, and what's with me still being a Raptors Republic Rookie, anyway? 120 (make that 121) posts and STILL no love? Is there some kind of hazing ritual I have to go through? Someone I have to sleep with? Come on, what's a guy gotta do!!!
    Get on my level lol

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
      His release point is a fraction low. But his mechanics are almost perfect. The guys who shoot the ball from above their heads have slow releases because it takes more time to load and let go. He gets his shot off becuase his motion is fast. Especially as a guard who is not going to out jump anyone.
      ^ This. Some of the game's best shooters have low releases, including guards... see Steve Nash, Eric Gordon, Steph Curry, et al. Lillard will be able to create just as much space as these guys given his great handle and quickness.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
        ^ This. Some of the game's best shooters have low releases, including guards... see Steve Nash, Eric Gordon, Steph Curry, et al. Lillard will be able to create just as much space as these guys given his great handle and quickness.
        Exactly ...
        Low release equals getting blocked? No ... not at all.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

How often does Shawn Marion get his jumper blocked? And he shoots from his freakin' chin. His shot looks like a chest pass, lol.

There should be zero concern over Lillard's release point, especially considering his ability to create space for himself.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
            Um, not so much. I had read about his low release point, and now that I've seen this clip, I know what they're talking about. Very, very little arc on his outside shots, and he is kind of heaving it from just higher than his chest. He can get away with that in college (and a weak conference, at that), but that shot will get blocked BIG time in the pros. Mind you, the rest of his mechanics seem good: nice wrist action, excellent follow through, good balance, so I suppose we can assume that he can be coached to change his release point...So we would have on our roster DD, who releases the ball behind his head, and Lillard, who releases it about chin-level. Ouch.
            Another BIG mistake with his jumper his how he keeps bringing the ball down toward his knees. The passing coach keeps making the effort to make the pass high. Lillard catches high but continues to drop the ball to his knees before the shot. That will have ) chance in the NBA . A very easy fix on his shot but his shot is far from perfect despite the fact that it is a acurate shot.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              How often does Shawn Marion get his jumper blocked? And he shoots from his freakin' chin. His shot looks like a chest pass, lol.

There should be zero concern over Lillard's release point, especially considering his ability to create space for himself.
              Marion was the same example that came to my mind.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                Marion was the same example that came to my mind.
                Right, but how often do you see Marion taking (let alone hitting) pull up jump shots off the dribble. I'm not saying this is make or break or anything -- all good players adjust over time -- but it is worth noting, especially since he is 6 or 7 inches shorter than Marion.

Also, can you imagine him trying to get his shot off while being guarded by Battier? Durant has a hard enough time, and he's 6'10 with a lighting quick release.

Comment

Battier's a good defender in general though. Whether you've got a high release, or a low release, Battier will make your life difficult.

The pull-up jumper isn't a big part of Marion's game, but he doesn't have Lillard-like handles to set it up either.

Comment

Lilliard is a Blazer, book it, the Warriors don't need a PG or backup PG, they have S.Curry and C.Jenkins, they will draft either Barnes or Sullinger at 7 and if Barnes is drafted by the Cavs, they will be looking for a SG in B.Beal. I think Lilliard, Beal and Barnes will be gone b4 8 and if that's the case, we are left with (Sullinger, Rivers, Lamb, Marshall, PJIII), 2nd tier talents. I say, we must either trade up to nab one of Lilliard, Beal or Barnes, if not, we trade down with one of Jose Calderon or JJ Johnson + our pick for a young PG (Holiday [I wish], Jennings [possibly], T.Evans [possibly]) + pick (SF, Harkless, T.Jones, R.White, J.Taylor)

Comment

If we're left with no other choice but to move DeMar, I think he could net us a solid rotation piece. Based on his youth and modest scoring numbers, I would imagine a lot of teams would be interested if officially placed on the market.
                      Isnt Demar a solid rotation piece?

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                        Right, but how often do you see Marion taking (let alone hitting) pull up jump shots off the dribble. I'm not saying this is make or break or anything -- all good players adjust over time -- but it is worth noting, especially since he is 6 or 7 inches shorter than Marion.

Also, can you imagine him trying to get his shot off while being guarded by Battier? Durant has a hard enough time, and he's 6'10 with a lighting quick release.
                        I don't think Battier -- particularly at this stage of his career -- could keep Lillard in front of him. Not many SF's could -- maybe Tony Allen, maybe Lebron. I think Lillard is quick enough to get to the rim on just about anyone.
                        Last edited by Thomas A.; Fri Jun 15, 2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          Isnt Demar a solid rotation piece?
                          He is, but if someone we draft quickly proves to be a better SG than DeRozan, then I think trading him is the better option rather than pushing him to the bench and limiting him to 20 mpg.

And I don't think DeRozan can play SF.

Comment

He is, but if someone we draft quickly proves to be a better SG than DeRozan, then I think trading him is the better option rather than pushing him to the bench and limiting him to 20 mpg.

And I don't think DeRozan can play SF.
                            Oh you mean after the draft, sorry, i thought you were saying trade him in anticipation of getting an SG in the draft.

Oh yeah, he wont be able to keep up with LBJ and Durant.

Comment

Oh you mean after the draft, sorry, i thought you were saying trade him in anticipation of getting an SG in the draft.

Yeah I meant after the draft, for example if Beal suddenly dropped to us at 8th (wishful thinking, I know...). Then I wouldn't be opposed to trading DeRozan to help fill another area of need.

Comment

No one can keep up with those too
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X