Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damian Lillard - A Sacto Workout to drool over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFJOEjZPFw

Looks like a beautiful shooting stroke ... mad handle ... tested well for vertical and wingspan ...
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Someone just posted this in the draft thread... This guy is legit. Want him running the show in TO.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
      Someone just posted this in the draft thread... This guy is legit. Want him running the show in TO.
      Oh, my bad ... too quick on the thread starting. But agreed - I think Casey would be a fan as well.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
        Oh, my bad ... too quick on the thread starting. But agreed - I think Casey would be a fan as well.
        He said that in the interview in Sac that he is off to Portland next and then back down to Golden State... both those teams draft in front of us. I guess every time any of these guys shows well, it also raises the value of our pick for trades.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

Just a thought, but if Lillard continues to impress could he move into the top 5 of the draft? Whom would that knock down (to maybe Toronto)?

I'm starting to draw comparisons between Lillard and Beal...great shooters, high character guys, type of players a GM would want on his team.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Just a thought, but if Lillard continues to impress could he move into the top 5 of the draft? Whom would that knock down (to maybe Toronto)?

I'm starting to draw comparisons between Lillard and Beal...great shooters, high character guys, type of players a GM would want on his team.
            The problem that I see in most mocks is that Sullinger is the guy getting bounced... and I recall Colangelo saying if a guy like Sullinger is there, they need to look at taking him (based on best player available). This turns my stomach.
            ― John Wooden

Comment

The idea of Beal slipping seems so crazy because he could be in the mix at picks as high as 2 & 3, but if those teams in the top opt for MKG, TRob, Barnes, or Drummond ... the teams leading up to us have young SG's.

If he makes it past Cleveland (and their Barnes love affair), then it's:

Sacramento: Big money to Marcus Thornton, High pick on Jimmer who isn't a true PG, and Tyreke on the roster ... not to mention Salmons, Garcia, etc - who can play there.

Portland: Wes Matthews and Nicolas Batum, 2 of their only main pieces returning can both see time at the SG spot.

Golden State: Klay Thompson, maybe some Steph Curry ... Brandon Rush, Dorell Wright.

At the very least, if not passing on Beal, they would trade him for our pick and another asset (2nd rounder?).

Lillard's rise is enough to make me wonder - Would I like to see Lillard and Demar ... or deal with roster duplicity that Beal brings (i'm not on the 'Demar as SF' bandwagon), forcing future moves?
              Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Thu Jun 14, 2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

If we're left with no other choice but to move DeMar, I think he could net us a solid rotation piece. Based on his youth and modest scoring numbers, I would imagine a lot of teams would be interested if officially placed on the market.

Comment

we really do have to draft the most talented player available even if it turns out to be a PF or C ... you can always sort out the roster in trades after
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFJOEjZPFw

Looks like a beautiful shooting stroke
                    Um, not so much. I had read about his low release point, and now that I've seen this clip, I know what they're talking about. Very, very little arc on his outside shots, and he is kind of heaving it from just higher than his chest. He can get away with that in college (and a weak conference, at that), but that shot will get blocked BIG time in the pros. Mind you, the rest of his mechanics seem good: nice wrist action, excellent follow through, good balance, so I suppose we can assume that he can be coached to change his release point...So we would have on our roster DD, who releases the ball behind his head, and Lillard, who releases it about chin-level. Ouch.

Comment

Oh, and what's with me still being a Raptors Republic Rookie, anyway? 120 (make that 121) posts and STILL no love? Is there some kind of hazing ritual I have to go through? Someone I have to sleep with? Come on, what's a guy gotta do!!!

Comment

You're almost there my friend, 79 more posts to go.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                          Um, not so much. I had read about his low release point, and now that I've seen this clip, I know what they're talking about. Very, very little arc on his outside shots, and he is kind of heaving it from just higher than his chest. He can get away with that in college (and a weak conference, at that), but that shot will get blocked BIG time in the pros. Mind you, the rest of his mechanics seem good: nice wrist action, excellent follow through, good balance, so I suppose we can assume that he can be coached to change his release point...So we would have on our roster DD, who releases the ball behind his head, and Lillard, who releases it about chin-level. Ouch.
                          + 1 big time. Stroke makes me a bit nervous tbh. And I find these videos misleading, the one of John Henson shows him lighting it up -- editing can do wonders. Not saying I don't still really like Lillard, cuz I do, and I think he'll find ways to get his shot off cleanly over time. What I'm really hoping is that someone ahead of us falls in love with him (POR, or maybe even SAC?) in a way that lands us a top 5 guy who's name DOESN'T rhyme with dullinger.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                            His release point is a fraction low. But his mechanics are almost perfect. The guys who shoot the ball from above their heads have slow releases because it takes more time to load and let go. He gets his shot off becuase his motion is fast. Especially as a guard who is not going to out jump anyone.

Comment

as long as he is able to create space off the dribble at the next level his release point shouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X